Apartment Suggestions Near Bts 7000 Baht Or Less

I hope this is the right section to ask this question. Also I am just doing research right now, I'm not moving until May 31 2008. I am 33 Male Farang and will be coming on a student visa and attending a Thai language school located next to Asoke BTS, however I don't need to be right at Asoke. From my research and price range it seems Ekamai may be the closest I can get which is fine. Initially I'd like a short lease; to make sure I like the place and area then would be willing to have a longer term lease up to a year if the price is reasonable. Here are my preferences:

Near BTS I would consider under 800 meters close enough. I don't mind walking but do want it to be considered 'walking distance'

Has a mattress, A/C, refrigerator and hot water

Internet available

Occupied by Thai University students and others who would be receptive to practicing Thai with me but which is Farang friendly. I'm moving to Thailand for various reasons chief being to study Thai so I'd like to live in a place with at least some Thai University students. I don't want to live in a predominantly Farang place. I can already read, write and speak Thai at an intermediate level if that makes a difference.

I don't care about a pool, gym, cable TV or other amenities. The simpler the better. Studio is fine but not a hole in the wall.

I read about KTA Mansion at 14/1 Soi Barbos 2, Sukhumvit Soi 42 and it seemed to meet my criteria but have been told it is predominantly occupied by Farang and Japanese does anyone know the approximate ratio of Thai tenants there or another place that meets my criteria?