People's Alliance For Democracy To Renew Movement

sriracha john

my wife translated:

PAD told, additional police is coming from (somewhere I didn't understand) at the moment they brake in Ayutthaya for diner. At midnight Samak want to activate emergency laws at midnight and attack. But that should be not possible according to a lawyer (my add: and common sense).

So problems continue.

h90 - it's very predictable what's goin' to happen tonight - though - understandbly - there's evidently much doubt - and confusion as to what will really happen.

Samak said earlier in the morning at 9.00 AM that the protesters will be forcibly removed TODAY.

Nothing has changed to alter my opinion on what's goin' to unfold fairly shortly.

Disgusting really......when you consider that these PAD protesters are - without exception - law-abiding - decent individuals -

I hope you are wrong! Actually they can't do it, it would also kill themself. But possible that they try as desperate last idea to keep in power.

The complete PPP group are idi*ots so everything may happen. On the other side we don't know what other forces are around to block that crazy Samak. Many phone calls at the moment I think.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

h90 - it's very predictable what's goin' to happen tonight - though - understandbly - there's evidently much doubt - and confusion as to what will really happen.

Ok, so then - why don't we just WAIT to see what happens - it's predicatble, it's not predicatable..jai yen. Wait and see - then there will be lots to post about.

Minor things:

1 or 2 days ago Chamlong told the police that this government won't stay long in power and everyone who brake the law now will get a revenge.

(free translation)

Chalerms son killed a Policeman and got his army job back. If police in Thailand is like at home, they won't love that.

That might also weaken Samaks power.

FROM EARLIER TODAY: Urgent: Samak threatens to use force to break up rally

Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej went on TV Saturday and warned the protesters at the Makkhawan Bridge to disperse or else the government would use force to break up the demonstration.

In a special live-broadcast speech, Samak said the on-going rallies have severely affected other people to the level that the government might have to forcefully end the demonstrations.

Samak urged general people to stay home instead of joining the rallies.

The Nation

>>>>>>>>>>>>

This guy's not messin' around.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/05/31/headlines/headlines_30074480.php

Govt cancels plan to use forces to disperse protesters : Chalerm

By The Nation

The government decided to cancel their plan to use forces to end the rally at Makawan Rangsan Bridge now that it can abort an evil plan to instigate the violence, Interior Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said Saturday.

He claimed that Samak assigned him to talk to the public and to the media. He said Samak mentioned about use of forces to end the rally during a special television programme on Saturday morning because he received an intelligence report that ill-intentioned people gathered at a law office and planned to throw grenades into the protest.

So the prime minister warned protesters to go home and to use of forces to prevent violence happened, Chalerm claimed.

He gave assurance that the protesters could continue their protest as long as it is conducted under the law.

However the interior minister declined to reveal about the plan and people involving in the plan, saying a doctorate degree holder like him will not take a risk by revealing the names and the place.

UNQUOTE

Guys I think it's tks buddha over tonight. The police will not use force if our holy angel Chalerm says so. I think I never heard/saw such a bunch of folish kids running a state. Just unbelievable with what stories and ideas these people come up (remember carbomb 2 years ago?). Read above

Anyhow they decided to be nice today, because the suddelney noticed in the afternoon that the law is against them. Corruption with money behind doors is ok. But attacking people, I don't think Samak is that stupid, that he want's to have this story again in his life, orelse the bitter past will catch up very quickly with him. Same for Thaksin, with his war on drugs. If they go ahead again, that will shuffle up old press, not very good for

Manchester City neither/nor them personaly.

Time to pack up: PAD, police etc. Don't worry it will be quiet tonight, except if some hooligians would break loose (3rd party), which I don't hope will happen.

Better wait what the squarhead has to say next week, on the new planned motion (or the Newinboys). This should be decisive if protests continue or not. Otherwise, I guess if Samak stays cool, and 2nd motion will not go ahead, the PAD rally will fade out (my guess).

Edited by nomoretalksin

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/05/31/headlines/headlines_30074480.php

Govt cancels plan to use forces to disperse protesters : Chalerm

By The Nation

The government decided to cancel their plan to use forces to end the rally at Makawan Rangsan Bridge now that it can abort an evil plan to instigate the violence, Interior Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said Saturday.

He claimed that Samak assigned him to talk to the public and to the media. He said Samak mentioned about use of forces to end the rally during a special television programme on Saturday morning because he received an intelligence report that ill-intentioned people gathered at a law office and planned to throw grenades into the protest.

So the prime minister warned protesters to go home and to use of forces to prevent violence happened, Chalerm claimed.

He gave assurance that the protesters could continue their protest as long as it is conducted under the law.

However the interior minister declined to reveal about the plan and people involving in the plan, saying a doctorate degree holder like him will not take a risk by revealing the names and the place.

UNQUOTE

Guys I think it's tks buddha over tonight. The police will not use force if our holy angel Chalerm says so. I think I never heard/saw such a bunch of folish kids running a state. Just unbelievable with what stories and ideas these people come up (remember carbomb 2 years ago?). Read above

Anyhow they decided to be nice today, because the suddelney noticed in the afternoon that the law is against them. Corruption with money behind doors is ok. But attacking people, I don't think Samak is that stupid, that he want's to have this story again in his life, orelse the bitter past will catch up very quickly with him. Same for Thaksin, with his war on drugs. If they go ahead again, that will shuffle up old press, not very good for

Manchester City neither/nor them personaly.

Time to pack up: PAD, police etc. Don't worry it will be quiet tonight, except if some hooligians would break loose (3rd party), which I don't hope will happen.

Better wait what the squarhead has to say next week, on the new planned motion (or the Newinboys). This should be decisive if protests continue or not. Otherwise, I guess if Samak stays cool, and 2nd motion will not go ahead, the PAD rally will fade out (my guess).

Hope you're right. But I've got my doubts.

Summary of the day by the Post (just in):

UPDATE: Confrontation defused

By Post Reporters, BangkokPost.com

31. May 2008

The government late on Saturday retreated from plans to use force to disperse the People's Alliance for Democracy demonstrators at the Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge, after protesters refused to budge and violence seemed inevitable. :D

Interior Minister Chalerm Yubamrung, assigned by Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej to take charge of handling the street protest, said late on Saturday that the plan to break up the demonstration was dropped. Mr Chalerm said the prime minister's threat to use force to end the protest was prompted by a report that ill-intentioned people gathered at a law office in Bang Pho area to plot violence against the protest. He claimed that the government managed to thwart attempts to instigate violence at the protest site and thus there was no need to disperse the demonstrators.

He gave assurances that the protesters could carry on with the rally as long as it proceeds under the law.

Mr Chalerm's announcement came less than 12 hours after Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej announced on television in a special Saturday morning broadcast to the nation that he would break up the PAD protest. (Click here for earlier story of the speech.) In his live broadcast carried on Channel 9 and NBT, Mr Samak said he would order action to disperse protesters. Tension immediately began to build. Hundreds of police including special units in full riot gear were deployed at the Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge, while the demonstrators were equipped with protection gears such as helmets and plywood shields. "I will take them out from that spot. They are accumulating criminals to carry out a criminal act in the country. You have to take responsibility for what you are doing. I will not tolerate this. Police and soldiers will not either. I'll break them today.

Preparations have been made. If you want to try (to resist), go ahead," Mr Samak said in the TV address. The prime minister's warning came a day after the PAD changed its objective from blocking constitutional amendment to overthrowing the Samak government. During Saturday, the anti-government protest erupted with throwback cries of "Samak ok pai" (Samak Get Out!), reminiscent of the "Thaksin ok pai" cries of the huge 2006 street protests. Mr Samak said the demonstrators were breaking the law by blocking roads. He said he wondered if the protest was intended to force the military to intervene to stage a fresh coup. Mr Samak's TV address was met with boos and jeers at the rally ground.

The PAD promptly issued a statement, saying any an unjustified crackdown would be in violation of constitutional guarantees of freedom of speech and association. Leaders urged the protesters to remain calm if an emergency decree was imposed and said that new leaders would be appointed if the current leaders were arrested. PAD leader Sondhi Limthongkul told the demonstrators, "PAD will not abandon any of you. I will not run away from death. I want to tell you that that whatever happens to me, please take revenge for me," Mr Sondhi told the crowd. Following Mr Samak's announcement, hundreds of crowd-control police moved onto the Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge and began to negotiate with PAD leaders to relocate because their rally was blocking traffic.

The police also offered to help the protesters relocate their rally to other areas such as the plaza outside the City Hall, Sanan Luang or Lumpini public park. But senior policemen also claimed the protesters were accumulating weapons such as baseball clubs, slingshots and fighting sticks, and conducting training on how to use them. After Mr Chalerm's interview, police spokesman Watcharapol Prasarnrattakij said police would allow the rally to continue. After it was clear the protest could continue, PAD supporters gave roses to the anti-riot officers. :o

Earlier in the day, Army Commander Anupong Paojinda has ordered First Army chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha to put anti-riot units on standby, a military source said. The troops, said to be armed with batons and shields only, would be brought in if police could not handle the situation, said the source, who added that preparations were made at Mr Samak's order. The prime minister ordered Gen Anupong on Friday to prepare contingency plans to intervene. The source said that Gen Anupong did not want the army involved, because it would raise speculation about a possible coup.

"He does not want to get involved. There have been lessons. He hopes that police can handle the situation," said the source.

Supreme Commander Gen Boonsang Niampradit yesterday said he opposed using troops to break up the protest, but noted that soldiers would obey the government's orders. "Troops should not be used to quell a riot, and the situation is unlikely even to turn into a riot. I do not think there will be use of force because it is dangerous. "A situation ends when troops are mobilised, but in most cases the result is tragic," he said.

Unquote

:D Let's have a drink, Thailand for now back to peace! :D Blue moon, oh blue moon, where's my new coach? Sven just left me...Blue moon :D

Yes, there are the biker-guys (any idea which fraction they belong too?) still driving, around the area. Let's hope there not the sort of Pro-Tak-hooligians again. Guess they just wanna show off.

Don't worry guys, game over, open your fridge and swing in the nice old DVD you always wanted to watch too. ;-)

:D:o Blue moon, blue moon, Scolari dove wai, onde es, doki-ni??? :D

Edited by nomoretalksin

there are the biker-guys still driving around the area. guess they just wanna show off. Don't worry guys, open your fridge and swing in the nice old DVD your always wanted to watch too. ;-)

Don't worry about the biker-guys they don't risk their life for 1.000 Baht.

agree more or less. Peace can be achieved by various means. I guess for Thailand the best would be Thaksin apologizes not only to Prem, but to whole lot's more people, best the whole Nation. Then share his income increase (during gov. time), pay back in cash to the country where he got it from, and show us that he really want's to help the poor. And firstly and mainly: No more politics with proxy's. I mean look at CNN today, they just said what it is.

It's up to Thaksin to stop this war. Look at this tread it's over 1'000posts old. Same Man, same problem.

Yes your right "full peace" is not here yet. Thaksin your turn!

You can do it, but don't come up please with the old "law-change" trick.

You will upset Thailand only further.

Edited by nomoretalksin

agree more or less. Peace can be achieved by various means. I guess for Thailand the best would be Thaksin apologizes not only to Prem, but to whole lot's more people, best the whole Nation. Then share his income increase (during gov. time), pay back in cash to the country where he got it from, and show us that he really want's to help the poor. And firstly and mainly: No more politics with proxy's. I mean look at CNN today, they just said what it is.

It's up to Thaksin to stop this war. Look at this tread it's over 1'000posts old. Same Man, same problem.

Yes your right "full peace" is not here yet. Thaksin your turn!

You can do it, but don't come up please with the old "law-change" trick.

You will upset Thailand only further.

Well your idea is less probably than aliens come from mars and hypnotize all Thai people to make peace.

Thaksin will never give it up.

What might be to add: They need money. so beside the 3000 Baht my wife gives I give her another 5000 to support them. Keep in mind that Sat uplink, that video feed, that all costs money. If you are against corruption, speaking is not the only thing. A corrupt Samak government cost you a lot more in the next few years. Alone the 5-10 Baht extra on the gasoline as they have a contract which does not allow to buy oil direct instead the use a middle man (don't ask who has the fingers in that....) will cost you a lot....

The worrying thing which keeps kicking around in my mind is the premise that the time to act in such a situation, from the authorities perspective, is @3 in the morning.

I really want to be wrong on that.

Regards

I am sure PAD knows that! Read Chamlongs history.....

I don't worry today! I worry Tuesday 3 am when there are only 500 people.

Edit: poor english

Edited by h90

It sounded very ominous last night at around 10.00 when the Thai TV(ITV) :o reporter said that was their last report from the area as the police had ordered all news crews out.But thankfully peace prevailed.

Sonthi's change of stance to demanding the government resigns makes no sense to me. He's won 2 battles, Jakrapob and the withdrawal of the proposed charter changes. If PPP reintroduce the motion, okay, regroup.

Saturday, 31 May 2008 18:17 UK - BBC NEWS -

Thai protesters defy PM's warning

Protesters say Mr Samak is protecting his predecessor

Thousands of people have demonstrated in Bangkok, defying warnings of a crackdown issued by Thai Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej.

Riot police were deployed, but the authorities did not carry out the PM's threats, saying force would not be used as long as the protest was peaceful.

Opposition activists accuse Mr Samak of changing the constitution to protect his predecessor, Thaksin Shinawatra.

Reports say the instability coincides with rumours of an imminent coup.

The demonstration was led by the People's Alliance for Democracy, the group which led mass protests in 2006 that led to the military coup that ousted Mr Thaksin.

On Saturday, some protesters wore helmets and masks, apparently to protect themselves in case tear gas was used.

Resignation

There has been heightened political tension and demonstrations in recent weeks over the government's plans to revise the military-drafted constitution.

Riot police were on the streets but did not use force against protesters

The opposition says Mr Samak is a close ally of Mr Thaksin, who they believe has a hidden, anti-monarchy agenda.

It says Mr Samak is trying to change the military-backed constitution to hold on to power and to prevent Mr Thaksin from facing corruption-related charges.

On Friday, a Thai cabinet minister accused of insulting the king - which is taken very seriously in Thailand, where the king is a revered figure - announced his resignation in an attempt to calm political tensions.

Jakrapob Penkair, who will be charged next week, strongly denies insulting the king, but said he was stepping down to end rumours of a military coup which were prompted by the allegations.

>>>>>>>>>>

Looks like the PAD were the big winners yesterday despite all the threats from Samak and the police that they would be removed.

Mind you - there have been no new news up-dates about events from either The Nation or The Post in the last six hours or so - and also it appears that news people were told to get out of the area last night. Nothing about the situation on the Thai channels either. Strange.

Wife tells me Samak now says he never said he intended to move the protesters by force, but they must move as they're blocking the traffic.

I don't know what he intends if they don't move (and they've already made it clear they won't). :o

It's a crime that 10,000 scumbag protesters can hold the country at ransom. Now their charging foreign reporters like Jonathan Head BBC. It's time for Chamlong to call off his dogs!

No comment needed here.

Your post sums up your demeanour very well.

marshbags :o

^^ Breathtaking arrogance, individuals use their constitutionally guaranteed rights to demonstrate peacefully about the political situation here and an avowed supporter of democracy insults them.... <sigh> Says more about the poster than cash ever can.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

Constitution-guaranteed rights? What constitution? The one written at the request of military junta which was boosted into power by this right-wing People Against Democracy PAD?

Time for Chamlong to call off his dogs!