Airport Rail Link @ Soi Soonvijai

I live in Soi Soonvijai and I have been watching this enormous structure that looks like a Skytrain Station growing in size in my vicinity. This is just a stone throw away from Bangkok General Hospital.

For a start, I am certainly not referring to the station at Makkasan as most people tend to mix up whenever I mention this station at Soonvijai.

Now does anyone know if this purported station at Soonvijai, what purpose does it serve ? I really don't think it's going to be a passenger terminal.

The ARL is to have two services running, a limited stop "Express" with check-in facilities at Makkasan and a "Stopping" service which will run in a way similar to the Skytrain stopping at more stations.

Your structure is about 1km east of Makkasan so is likely a "Stopping" station (I don't have up to date maps for this line available right now so I'm guessing). You should be able to access the airport from this station, just no City Air Terminal facilities.

The ARL is to have two services running, a limited stop "Express" with check-in facilities at Makkasan and a "Stopping" service which will run in a way similar to the Skytrain stopping at more stations.

Your structure is about 1km east of Makkasan so is likely a "Stopping" station (I don't have up to date maps for this line available right now so I'm guessing). You should be able to access the airport from this station, just no City Air Terminal facilities.

Not 100% here but aren't all the stations upto Ramkamheang ""Express" meaning the trains will always make stops there and the ones closer to the airport only having a limited service.

It will be a little dissapointing if only the Makkasan station has check in facilities , though understandable.

Cheers

Not quite Percy, there will be two lines running along the same route. Only Makasan will have check in facilities, but this can be reached by both the MRT and BTS (Petchburi and Phayathai respectively)

The airport express runs the route non-stop, whereas the regular BTS route will stop at each station.

The express will take 15 minutes and will run every 30 minutes, whereas the regular BTS service will run every 15 mins and will take 30 minutes to get to the airport.

(To be honest I think I'll drive)

I'm just hoping that the structure at Soonvijai will not turn out to be a "dormant" maintenance station as many living around the area have claimed. I will be happy I can hop on to a train at Soonvijai and make connection to the BTS and Skytrain.

That structure at Soon Vijai certainly looks a hel_l of a lot bigger than even the one at Makkasan. Ive wondered what it is every time i drive past there, but as Makkasan is only a KM down the road, I really dont believe that the airport express will stop there. My guess is that it is a maintenance terminal, but its only a guess.

One of my business partners' friends is a contractor on that project (for what that is worth!). Ill ask him tomorrow if he can see what it is gonna be.

One of my business partners' friends is a contractor on that project (for what that is worth!). Ill ask him tomorrow if he can see what it is gonna be.

Yes, please ask your friends.

But based on the map released, both Soonvijai and RCA will each have a BTS.