Tiger Boxer

jdinasia

On saturday, The Tiger engineer confirmed me that both 200 and 250 cc are factory tuned to ride on E20 .It's not because i ve seen the stickers they told me afterwords the stickers are available already .

I didnt check every unit at the Tiger factory probably 1000 boxers where there to be assembled ,made ready for delivery

One more time i dont think that Tiger is a bad manufacturer and they are really busy with the future.I'm still confident and happy I ordered my Yellow 250 Rs wow she will look great.

If later the boxer proofs to be bad qlty,i'll will tell you all .Actually im riding motorcycles since my 18 and thats 24 yrs ago.I think i have a little experience with bikes.

What made me decide to buy the boxer are the low revs and good acceleration ,Im not speeding but my experience tells me these are the best engines.I still have a 500 cc BMW 1957 with 300000 kms on the teller and still going .My adventure was the same never broke down.Cant always say that from the japs with their high revs engines.Thats why in its range the BMW 1200 GS is still lonely at the top.All the japanese brand still cant beat its performance and durability .They do admit it themselfs .

Awaiting a call from Tiger to pick up my lemon (boxer)

Warmest regards to you all

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo... 239cc for 72K Baht. Why are they so cheap?

No, really, I need an explanation. Because the KLX/D-Tracker costs 2x as much for 250cc, and Kawasaki definitely doesn't make 50% profit.

Does Tiger make these bikes out of magic fairy dust? Pressed palm leaves? Are they very small? Are they freed from all taxes for some reason?

Unless this question is answered, I will go with common sense: If it sounds too good to be true, that's probably because it is. There's got to be a catch somewhere.

Nikster the klx/d-tracker are liquid cooled, fuel injection bikes with Japanese spec upside down forks from one of the big 4 bike companies. and yes i believe they are making a healthy profit on each one.

the Tiger is an older design single cylinder air/oil cooled engine, with a carb, Thai made/spec shocks and forks also Tiger is a small scale Manufacturer so has an understanding of the Thai market.

and also maybe the klx/d-tracker are just over priced. considering the Ninja is the same price but with 2 cylinders and all that plastic and the ninja is more expensive HERE (150,000)than the USA(137,777 using xe.com to convert. Admittedly a different spec but hey thats kinda what ya asking ).

And also Nikster how can Honda make a liquid cooled 150 sports style bike for just 63,000 baht... 'oh my god to good to be true'. i had better take mine back ........oh just remembered i can't it's 5 years old and still going strong.

Allan

Hi ,

I totally agree with Allan.

a CBR 150 costs 63000 Bht the boss from kawa a bit more and other bikes from Kawasaki 150 k double price (U think not much profit dont let me laugh)

And really to be honest. I tested the NINJA 250 cc before the BOXER 250 cc for me the boxer gave me a more comfortable ride.I dont like the bend over seat position of the Ninja im not 20 yrs old anymore . And plastic There is a lot more plastic on the ninja.The Boxer is a naked bike.

Nikster u better explain that why and how?

I'll ride my boxer 40000kms a year i ll keep you informed about its performance

hi anyone.

to proof my point about the service from Tiger hence the mail i recieved from them today. after 2 days i asked for the tubeless tyres.

They sended me an e-mail that the are already painted/

BAD SERVICE ????????????????????????????????????????????????? what other factory gives you this services

honest is honest

so far so good .

Dear Khun Charlie

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy with customers from Indonesia for the past 3 days. They are going back tomorrow.

I went to check on the process of your bike today, the color parts are finished. I will send you the photo of the bike once it finished.

Another thing, as it turns out the center stand cannot be put in the 250 because the swing-arm design is different from the 200 (the 250 is aluminium).

I will have my staff check on the availability of the tyres you requesting immediately.

Best Regards,

Pariya

not to bad i think

hi anyone.

to proof my point about the service from Tiger hence the mail i recieved from them today. after 2 days i asked for the tubeless tyres.

BAD SERVICE ????????????????????????????????????????????????? what other factory gives you this services

honest is honest

so far so good .

Dear Khun Charlie

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy with customers from Indonesia for the past 3 days. They are going back tomorrow.

I went to check on the process of your bike today, the color parts are finished. I will send you the photo of the bike once it finished.

Another thing, as it turns out the center stand cannot be put in the 250 because the swing-arm design is different from the 200 (the 250 is aluminium).

I will have my staff check on the availability of the tyres you requesting immediately.

Best Regards,

Pariya

not to bad i think

Funny that he uses American (color) and British (tyres) spelling. Good luck with your purchase.

he's obviously had good English teachers. probably British AS WE tend to show the students the differences.

An American teacher i asked "do you teach both British and American English" answer " American, Because I don't know British English"

:o:D

Hi thx for your comment on my spelling

If you want .

I can post the same message in French , Dutch ,German and even in Thai .

And im also proud to announce that im the only and first non-native travel writer for Tourist authority Of Thailand.

if i write articles for them i check my spelling but in silly messages like these here i dont.

if you want to see my articles go to google and search

biking to sisaket

and biking to phutoei national park

My next trip for TAT will be with my Tiger boxer ill keep you all informed

Thanks for your comment .

bye charlie

If you want .

And im also proud to announce that im the only and first non-native travel writer for Tourist authority Of Thailand.

if i write articles for them i check my spelling but in silly messages like these here i dont.

biking to sisaket

bye charlie

I was not commenting on your spelling, but rather the Tiger representative's spelling. And it wasn't criticism, but rather was simply pointing out the fact that both spellings were used.

I'm only negative when someone's negative unnecessarily.

Do they still sell the Honda CBR 150R for 63,000 Baht, on a official price list I get from Honda. It is listed as 69,500 Baht and knowing what discount I get, must a average dealer sell it below cost.

So is that a discount that APHonda would give you or is that what discount Kawasaki Thailand would give you?

If you want .

biking to sisaket

bye charlie

I was not commenting on your spelling, but rather the Tiger representative's spelling. And it wasn't criticism, but rather was simply pointing out the fact that both spellings were used.

I'm only negative when someone's negative unnecessarily.

I didnt see it as a criticism i saw it as a compliment.

secondly the e-mail from Pariya knowing he is Thai is very well .Compared to other Thai not to bad .

Same friends mate

cheers

In May this year, we think the sticker price was 64,900 as compared to five years earlier when the sticker price was more like 63,900. It would be due for a price increase just based on inflation, although the features have only improved one percent. If they sell it for 69,500 they need to include fuel injection or a size increase, considering how the market has advanced in 7 years.

HI

a nice detail i forget to tell you all the new boxer

250 Rs and the 200 px are both capable to tide on E20 there are stickers on the new police bikes already.

happy trails

Hi kano,

Im also interestes in what you have to say about the new Boxer 250 rs as Im in the market to buy one, sorry but I dont understand the meaning of your last comment, its confused me.

" 250 Rs and the 200 px are both capable to tide on E20 there are stickers on the new police bikes already."

What does this mean, Tide on E 20 ?

Many thanks,

Tony Broster

Reckon he means "ride on E20" gasohol

Thanks mate,

I was baffled, I thought Tide was an old washing powder brand, & the E 20 was a road in France, now I stand corrected.information thankfully received.

Bros.

In May this year, we think the sticker price was 64,900 as compared to five years earlier when the sticker price was more like 63,900. It would be due for a price increase just based on inflation, although the features have only improved one percent. If they sell it for 69,500 they need to include fuel injection or a size increase, considering how the market has advanced in 7 years.

Considering that's a 1.56% increase in price, over the course of 5 years, that's a hel_l of a deal.

Even at 69,500 that's only an increase of 8.76% (total) over those years. What else has stayed that competitive?

@Dave_Boo

Are you always annoying...? You have no idea what I do, but again I not work for any motorcycle manufacturer, dealer or anything you can thing of, exclusively. For now one year you bugging my tail... telling me I'm wrong about what is going to happen in motorcycle business in Thailand.

I have a new idea, do you want to bet the value, of a brand new CBR 150R, catalog price of a small 70k Baht on my idea that the CBR 150R will not see the end of 2009? Or do you chicken out?

P.S. You well know, and I never made a secret that I not have to ask for discounts at Kawasaki, but the difference is that the bikes are not from use...

Edited by Richard-BKK

@Dave_Boo

Are you always annoying...?

No; if you need references they can be provided.

You have no idea what I do, but again I not work for any motorcycle manufacturer, dealer or anything you can thing of, exclusively.

Perhaps not. But than again I never claimed you worked for any of those. I've suggested perhaps you sell certain brands of motorcycles. But none the less it is interesting that you use the word exclusively, which implies that you do in fact have a connection that could taint anything that you post. In fact regarding the number of others who have noted it, I would say that I was not the only one how (perhaps incorrectly) assumes that you have an underlying reason to continue to posting in such a deragatory way toward a certain manufacturer. Perhaps there's even a business interest at the centre of it?

For now one year you bugging my tail... telling me I'm wrong about what is going to happen in motorcycle business in Thailand.

I haven't been telling you that you're wrong about what's going to happen; but rather I've asked for clear English references (not from some 2-bit website that may or may not be owned/ran by yourself). That would support your claims. Every single time I've refuted you, and you have not chosen to answer, I've done it based on links that I've provided. And yet, when presented with this information you do what I can only assume you're going to do in response to this reply, sulk off to some corner.

I have a new idea, do you want to bet the value, of a brand new CBR 150R, catalog price of a small 70k Baht on my idea that the CBR 150R will not see the end of 2009? Or do you chicken out?

I'm glad that you think you're clever, but I am no ควายทึบ. Why would I bet against what the CEO said? And further are you talking about having them on sale in various stores or being produced? Cause them being on sale at that time is a good bet.... However, no matter how it plays out it's your wet dream isn't it. The bike that you love to hate is either off the road or Honda can not keep its promises about their plans. You win either way!

P.S. You well know, and I never made a secret that I not have to ask for discounts at Kawasaki, but the difference is that the bikes are not from use...

I speak decent English, but apart from the not having to ask for discounts (because dealers or family of dealers don't have to?) I don't understand exactly what you're trying to say otherwise.

@Dave_Boo

You said "So is that a discount that APHonda would give you or is that what discount Kawasaki Thailand would give you?"

I answer "You well know, and I never made a secret that I not have to ask for discounts at Kawasaki, but the difference is that the bikes are not from use..."

@Dave_Boo

You said "So is that a discount that APHonda would give you or is that what discount Kawasaki Thailand would give you?"

I answer "You well know, and I never made a secret that I not have to ask for discounts at Kawasaki, but the difference is that the bikes are not from use..."

I suppose I could pursue this, but it would be like asking Bullwinkle to have an intelligent, sane, and helpful conversation pertaining to pervalence of puerile hubris amply enviced by the spawn of temperately fortuitous purveyors of a business that was not trivial enough to instill a suprious sense of entitlement into the aforementioned misbegotten imbeciles.

And as I recall I said nothing bad about the Honda CBR 150R, I only said that there would not be a 2009 model or after 2008 for sale. I agree that the sales of the CBR 150R will go one in 2009 in some amounts, I even order one. It is just the bike you want tell your kids about, plus a was angry with my wife, but who cares....

Edited by Richard-BKK

Hey Boys

Stop quarreling this is a topic about "Tiger boxer" and not to discuss anyones favourite motorcycle.Anyone has the right to choose what he wants. Or is this an English grammar site ????????

If someone types or write something wrong whatever.

What about native teachers in Thailand wrote rope like rop and sisther even aperttmant like this on the board I ve seen it all before .

Or a native teacher asked me "how do you call a person from New Zealand" i replied him a SHEPPARD stupid geek he was

but whatever This have nothing to see with TIGER BOXER here

So let's resume to the topic and let us be friends respecting each other point of view . Without going personal .

Thx in advance

Charlie

hi anyone.

honest is honest

so far so good .

Dear Khun Charlie

Best Regards,

Pariya

not to bad i think

Hi Kano,

Can you help me please? having read your reports of just how well Tiger have treated you over the purchase of your new bike ( which in this day & age is amazing ) I want to contact the factory, arrange a visit to make a purchase of the 250 boxer.

I need the guys name at the factory, the factory office address & any other information that you can share with me as to where the place is, ( I get lost going to the toilet ) plus a telephone number, e-mail etc to contact them.

Thanks Kano, anything you have will be gratefully received.

Bros.

I agree about THAICBR just forgive and forget...

Have to agree with Thai cbr guys,

I always read what you both write in the forum & respect your joint levels of knowlege, I reckon you are both too intelligent to get into a spat over what is supposed to be something that gives us fun,

so its time to kiss & make up please & get back to the interesting stuff that you are both very good at writing ( it keeps the kids like myself informed & entertained )

Bros

...it would be like asking Bullwinkle to have an intelligent, sane, and helpful conversation pertaining to pervalence of puerile hubris amply enviced by the spawn of temperately fortuitous purveyors of a business that was not trivial enough to instill a suprious sense of entitlement into the aforementioned misbegotten imbeciles.

LMFAO!!! :o

hi anyone.

honest is honest

so far so good .

Dear Khun Charlie

Best Regards,

Pariya

not to bad i think

Hi Kano,

Can you help me please? having read your reports of just how well Tiger have treated you over the purchase of your new bike ( which in this day & age is amazing ) I want to contact the factory, arrange a visit to make a purchase of the 250 boxer.

I need the guys name at the factory, the factory office address & any other information that you can share with me as to where the place is, ( I get lost going to the toilet ) plus a telephone number, e-mail etc to contact them.

Bros.

i forwarede his details to your mailbox already

hi anyone.

honest is honest

so far so good .

Dear Khun Charlie

Best Regards,

Pariya

not to bad i think

Hi Kano,

Bros.

i forwarede his details to your mailbox already

Thanks for all your assistance kano, much appreciated, Im well onto the tacho search for a small analogue electronic tacho that will suit the 250 boxer electronics & will keep you advised ok.

Regards

Bros