Bigley's Wife To Become Nun In Xchange For Freedom

nogutsnoapplepie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony Blair has ordered the fearsome SAS and MI6 hit squads to rescue kidnapped Brit Ken Bigley "at all costs".

Utter tripe from the tripe meister DJ PRAT.

But I'm sure he will say it was an attempt at humour ( I hope)

Agree.

That would be the worst possible response.

I guess you dreamt this?

Was it Carter that did that, with catostrophic results?

DJ Pat, think before you post :o

Tony Blair has ordered the fearsome SAS and MI6 hit squads to rescue kidnapped Brit Ken Bigley "at all costs".

Utter tripe from the tripe meister DJ PRAT.

But I'm sure he will say it was an attempt at humour ( I hope)

Agree.

That would be the worst possible response.

I guess you dreamt this?

Was it Carter that did that, with catostrophic results?

DJ Pat, think before you post :o

The reason the mission that carter approved failed because the helicopters were not fitted with filters to get the sand out from the engines engines overheated and then the helicopters crashed into one another

The first official mission for the US Army Delta Force along with a battalion of US Army Rangers. I think the mission would have succeded

Regardless doesn't change the fact the poor sod is in a hairy situation.

Who put him in the hairy situation? How many more beheadings will it take before these guys get the he.ll out of there? The guys a 62 yr old engineer, one would think he wouldnt need the cash so why go? I only hope other expats working there think twice now..........but i doubt they will. Thoughts are with his family.

Regardless doesn't change the fact the poor sod is in a hairy situation.

Who put him in the hairy situation? How many more beheadings will it take before these guys get the he.ll out of there? The guys a 62 yr old engineer, one would think he wouldnt need the cash so why go? I only hope other expats working there think twice now..........but i doubt they will. Thoughts are with his family.

Ahhh Thai flyer I think he put himself into that situation he agreed to go to iraq no one forced him to. True?

Ahhh Thai flyer I think he put himself into that situation he agreed to go to iraq no one forced him to. True?

True, so knowing the situation why did he go? or if he was already there why didnt he leave after the Paul Johnson beheading? ........Answers simple, greed. ......and now he is facing the ultimate price, dont get me wrong i am sympathetic to his plight, but why dont these guys learn? We've had this thread before with Mr. Johnson and no doubt we will have it again with the next expat..........it just seems such a waste of life that could be avoided.

True, so knowing the situation why did he go? or if he was already there why didnt he leave after the Paul Johnson beheading? ........Answers simple, greed. ......and now he is facing the ultimate price, dont get me wrong i am sympathetic to his plight, but why dont these guys learn? We've had this thread before with Mr. Johnson and no doubt we will have it again with the next expat..........it just seems such a waste of life that could be avoided.

I understand why he went also but can't these men arm themselves?? i heard the three men had security for their apartment where was that man the time they were captured....hmmmm

True, so  knowing  the  situation  why  did  he  go?  or  if  he  was  already  there  why  didnt  he  leave  after  the  Paul  Johnson  beheading? ........Answers  simple, greed. ......and  now  he  is  facing  the  ultimate  price,

In the 60s and 70s, several nuns and missionaries in various war-torn African countries were rescued by mercenary forces.

Those same mercs refused to go in after diamond/oil/copper/whatever exploration geologists/engineers/whoever without substantial extra money up front.

It's a "code of honor" thing ... you'll risk your life to bring out unpaid volunteers who are helping the local orphans and crippled and maimed civilians with food and medical attention, but you draw the line at helping someone who's helping himself to a big paypacket.

I feel sorry for the guy, and for his wife and family ... but it's not as if he's in Iraq as an unpaid volunteer helping out the locals. He knew the risks. He went into a war zone with his eyes wide open and fixed on the big paypacket.

I still hope the loony bastards release him unharmed, though.

uhmmm... i'm was ashamed to see old bigley crying on tv like a baby begging and pleading?? if all brits were as lily livered as this loser, we'd all be speaking german now! get some balls, man! stop squirming like a toad - same goes for your cowardly family and your mail-order 'bride'...

just my opinion you understand.... i'm allowed to have one aren't i?

:o

So, you know that when Ken and Sombat married seven years ago, she was a mail order bride, where did you gleem this piece of information? Also, stop and think, place yourself in his place, was he in the same room when the two Americans were murdered? if so, imagine sitting in that cage (and in an orange suit) contemplating YOUR FATE!!!! What sort of mental state would you be in?

Granted you have voiced your opinion, that you have the right to do, and I have just voiced my own.

:o

So, you know that when Ken and Sombat married seven years ago, she was a mail order bride, where did you gleem this piece of information? Also, stop and think, place yourself in his place, was he in the same room when the two Americans were murdered? if so, imagine sitting in that cage (and in an orange suit) contemplating YOUR FATE!!!! What sort of mental state would you be in?

Granted you have voiced your opinion, that you have the right to do, and I have just voiced my own.

if thru pure greed one decides to take a job in a war zone where the opposition has a tradition of kidnapping, torturing & beheading farangs... then you deserve all you get...

get some balls, man! stop squirming like a toad - same goes for your cowardly family and your mail-order 'bride'...

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I bet you were the most popular boy at school and still to this day have many, many friends.......................

get some balls, man! stop squirming like a toad - same goes for your cowardly family and your mail-order 'bride'...

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I bet you were the most popular boy at school and still to this day have many, many friends.......................

what makes you think i'm a boy? :o

Please, cut it out, all of you. :D

I was just waiting for this to happen to this topic, and Mrs. Palmer didn't disappoint. He's really quite good at trolling for a response. Please, no feeding the trolls in this zoo.

.....Speaking of zoos:

"Hello, Bagdad zoo? I'd like to propose a zoo-exchange program, you see there's this

huge troll here that we'd like to exchange for just about any spare creature you may

have overthere. [....] No, any cage will do. [..] Sure I'll hold." :o

Ciao - PLC

Please, cut it out, all of you.

I was just waiting for this to happen to this topic, and Mrs. Palmer didn't disappoint. He's really quite good at trolling for a response. Please, no feeding the trolls in this zoo.

Ciao - PLC

i gave my honest opinion & followed it up with my reasoning... how can that be trolling?

i can't be blamed for the fact that some members aren't able to rationally discuss an issue, and instead have to resort to using both immature & obscene language...

i suggest more of the mods attention be given to ppl. who continually use fowl language in their posts...

Why, did some one call you chicken Harry?

Intersting how the media has played with this one isn't it?

The poor yanks were kidnapped and executed in a short time but Biggles is getting a good run in the papers and on telly with his family giving it to Blair on a daily basis and what happens..............he's still alive!

I wonder why? Surely not the kidnappers making the most of the media spotlight? :o

If the news had said Jack about the bloke I supposed he be a headless ghost about now.