List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

VEry disapointed with family restaurant.

The eggplant "humus" kind of thing was disgusting, in my country i eat that by the shovel.

The pizza tasted like ketchup and cheap tomato paste. But it had a lot of cheese, that was nice.

Thai food very weak.

Do not recommand.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kallot Resturaunt in Nai Harn i think but could be Rawai not sure...

simple place small menu cheap good food always alloy so far.....

lots of local expats eat here everyday so it must be good..

best breakfast I've found with real coffee brews at your table..

recommended by Karon Bravo..

thanks mate :D

• 2 weeks later...

I am italian.

I know very well the italian food and taste.

Davinci -IMHO- is one of the best italian restaurant in Phuket.

Together with Acqua, Capannina and Gaetana. :)

I am not Italian, but I love Italian food.

I do not agree with DaVinci.

Never ate at Acqua.

I like Capannina and La Gaetana.

I'm surprised, you didn't mention Mario& Meghi. Very good.

Was several times at Rugantino. But will not return.

Sometimes I go to Capriccio. OK

Was also at Giorgione. Shrimp cocktail, Lasagne, 2 small Chang, Espresso. Very good. 870 Baht.

Tried a new one in Kata yesterday: Gaston. Nice place. Mixed salad 150 (Good Balsamico, 3 slices of bread), Lasagne 280, small Chang 90. After the Tiramisu (little bit too sweet) they offered a Grappa. Was OK.

Clearly you are not Italian ....

I don't judge the pizzas. I judge the restaurant food, place, wine etc and Mario & Meggi are little more than a pizzeria.

For pizza they use thai tomato, not Italian, and pizza -for my taste- becomes too sweet.

I don't judge the pizzas. I judge the restaurant food, place, wine etc and Mario & Meggi are little more than a pizzeria.

For pizza they use thai tomato, not Italian, and pizza -for my taste- becomes too sweet.

Hi

I am not Italian but love M&M and there must be a reason why the place have customer every night except Monday

Hi

I am not Italian but love M&M and there must be a reason why the place have customer every night except Monday

One doesn't have to be Italian, to enjoy good food.

M&Ms Ravioli are probably the best on the Island. Their Vitello (Maiale) Tonnato is excellent.

As HDRider said, their success is proof enough for their quality.

By the way, what is good at DaVincis, exept the long legs of the waitresses?

Coniglio ripieno al forno? Ossobuco al pomodoro? Cervella d'abbachio!

...cut.... Their Vitello (Maiale) Tonnato is excellent.

Of course, but when it comes to Italian food, who is better judge?? An Italian or a Canadian, English, German, Aussie?????

You write: "Their Vitello (maiale) Tonnato is excellent"....."Vitello" is Veal (in english) and "Maiale" is Pork in English....

From "veal" to "pork" there is a big difference in taste.... but it seems that you do not know. :whistling:

But, of course, the M&M veal (sorry: pork) with tuna sauce is certainly excellent ......

Of course, but when it comes to Italian food, who is better judge?? An Italian or a Canadian, English, German, Aussie?????

You write: "Their Vitello (maiale) Tonnato is excellent"....."Vitello" is Veal (in english) and "Maiale" is Pork in English....

From "veal" to "pork" there is a big difference in taste.... but it seems that you do not know. :whistling:

But, of course, the M&M veal (sorry: pork) with tuna sauce is certainly excellent ......

Thank you teacher.

I am not Italian, but I have spent a lot of time in Italy, and I speak Italian.

But you haven't answered my question: What is good to eat at DaVinci? Maybe I give them a second chance.

Thank you teacher.

I am not Italian, but I have spent a lot of time in Italy, and I speak Italian.

But you haven't answered my question: What is good to eat at DaVinci? Maybe I give them a second chance.

As I wrote

I am italian.

I know very well the italian food and taste.

Davinci -IMHO- is one of the best italian restaurant in Phuket.

Together with Acqua, Capannina and Gaetana. :)

This is my personal opinion.

Tastes are different ......

I think that the only way to judge is to try at least 2 (or 3) times a restaurant (of course if the first is total shit...)

One night at Gaetana, the tenderloin was not so tender and well cooked, it happens, more important is that -usually- food is great.

I have not spoken about M & M, I just answered a question .. and my opinion about M & M is that just because I tried it 3 o 4 times before quitting.

So, it is "up to you".....:)

• 4 weeks later...

Some of my favorite in Patong:

• Hidden gem on Nanai road, Pizzeria da Michele run by an Italian chef, Italian pizza to die for, the dough is freshly made everyday and the pizza is cook in a wood stove. Everything on the menu is very good and not expensive. They also have Thai food made by a Thai women that is very good, my friend Thai wife is saying that the Thai food is very good, in fact she is the one asking if we want to go eat pizza (that she don't eat) just to go eat the Thai food there.
    Pizzeria da Michele have good in house wine and grappa with Italian espresso to finish the meal.
    Here is a link for a map to Pizzeria da Michele:
    http://en.pizzeriadamichelepatong.com/

• A other place that your Thai companion will enjoy very much is the MK restaurant at Jungceylon, good food, medium price. I forgot to mention that the roasted slice duck is very very good at MK.
    This is a Thai style suki restaurant.

• For a mo ka ta (Isaan, Korean BBQ) go to one on Thanon Pisitkoraneee in Patong just before the Wat Suwan Kiriwong at the bottom of the Patong Hill, the food is very good, cheap (I think the last time I was there it was 199 bahts a head) and your Thai friends will very much enjoyed the evening there.
    You may have to wait for a table because of the popularity of the place and you can be fined if you leave to much food on your plate.
    Thanon Pisitkoraneee is the continuity of Thanon Sainamyen.

• For a very good medium price Italian restaurant in Patong, Trattoria Capri Da Rico, this restaurant has been there for ages, I think it the the oldest Italian restaurant in Patong. Italian food to die for, better to make reservation because it's very popular: 076 340 646, 076 341 477
    capri-location.gif

• For upscale Thai food the Lair Lay Tong Restaurant at the end of Soi DR Wattana, one of my favourite place to eat in Patong. I eat there every time I am in Patong from almost 10 years. Don't forget to taste the goong sarong appetizer and they also make a few European dish, I recommend the escargots.

• Pan Yaah at 249 Prabaramee Rd., located 1.5 KM from Patong Novotel on the Beach Rd to Kamala, just pass the Ban Rim Pa.
    Thai sea food restaurant with a great view on the Patong bay, very good sea food Thai style, not expensive.
    Pan Yaah is a very good Thai restaurant but you need to make reservation not only for the window tables but to make sure you have a table. I recommend Pan Yaah for the place, the food and the friendly owner.

I think the new "Best burger in Phuket" title goes to Rick N Roll's Music Cafe on Kata New road. Ricky has a new partner named Charlie from Hawaii that is also their new cook. You'll see him barbecuing out front most nights. The meatballs and ribs are also fantastic. Many nights he has live entertainment too. He's opposite Dome Bungalows on Kata new road near The Beach Center. Next to the Pit Stop Bar.

Roger, the owner of Pizza 2000, moved to the back road to Chalong a few months ago. Really good pizza of the thin variety and the garlic bread come looking like Indian naan bread and is simply fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am italian and I do like thai food, so I rarely look for an italian restaurant, but the only place were I go when I like to have a pizza or a pasta is for sure Mario & Meggy :-)

I may agree with greenwater that the pizza quality is often a problem of personal taste but, as said by hdrider, the fact that M&M is always full of people speaks by itself.

federicoP

• 2 weeks later...

somebody with good taste buds and knowledge of food.

doesn't matter where they are from

• 1 month later...

MEXICAN

________

amazing mexican food at burnt tortilla , bang tao junction opposite tesco lotus , mcdonalds and pizza hut complex

by far the best mexican in phuket , about 15 mins drive north from patong for tourists , pretty much 1 road to get there dead easy .

we had half the things on the menu and everything was fresh and fab .

see reviews on "TripAd" site for address and pictures or via google .

mmmm highly recommended , do miss this place since i got home ;-(

enjoy

MEXICAN

________

amazing mexican food at burnt tortilla , bang tao junction opposite tesco lotus , mcdonalds and pizza hut complex

by far the best mexican in phuket , about 15 mins drive north from patong for tourists , pretty much 1 road to get there dead easy .

we had half the things on the menu and everything was fresh and fab .

see reviews on "TripAd" site for address and pictures or via google .

mmmm highly recommended , do miss this place since i got home ;-(

enjoy

speaking of Mexican food...

Has anyone tried the new Mexican restaurant on the Karon beach road? It's across from the beach, near to that horrendous huge statue that has a mouth you walk through to get to a Thai restaurant...would be interested to know if it's good or not.

"mariachi restaurant & tequila's bar" is located across from karon beach (possibly in a branch of the thavorn hotel)

the place is cute and well-decorated. the wait staff uniforms adorable--mariachi with a thai twist--the ambience nice, and the music on the stereo 100% spanish. the have a band from the philippines that sing in spanish--the two guys were alright, but the girl who joined them was AWFUL.

the place has a mexican chef, so i had high expectations.

first things first:

1) it's expensive (my very small classic margarita was 295 THB, local beers were 155 THB)

2) it's authentic food--no TEX-MEX--salsa verde & pico de gallo, corn tortillas instead of flour (the spanish rice & refried beans were a dissapointment)

3) the food was good & reminded me of the food i found while living in mexico

4) again, expensive (my enchiladas were 340 THB)

the happy hour runs from 9:00-10:00 p.m. which i thought was strange. i did like the place a lot, but i can't afford to go there too often.

if any else has a meal there, let me know what you think! thanks!

I ate at Sala Mexicali ( next to the horse riding) recently and it was very good and filling. I'll definitely be going back after not eating there for a couple of years due to such slow service. The place has had a nice makeover and the service is faster. This was much better than Moos Tex Mex and Los Amigos. Thanks to a previous poster for posting the website link to Sala Mexicali which had their menu and phone number.

• 3 weeks later...

For some good inexpensive Thai food and beers, try Kates on the way to Yannui from the Rawai Orbitor's. I had the Penang chicken and it was excellent !

From the Rawai Orbitor go towards Yannui and when the street starts to curve left, go straight and it's 20 more meters up, on the left, white sign.

• 2 weeks later...

For some good inexpensive Thai food and beers, try Kates on the way to Yannui from the Rawai Orbitor's. I had the Penang chicken and it was excellent !

From the Rawai Orbitor go towards Yannui and when the street starts to curve left, go straight and it's 20 more meters up, on the left, white sign.

For sure I give Kates a Thumbs up as well......

Has a Real home kitchen feel, CLEAN and if you want something not on the menu just ask and they will try to make for you...

great little place.. :jap:

For sure I give Kates a Thumbs up as well......

Has a Real home kitchen feel, CLEAN and if you want something not on the menu just ask and they will try to make for you...

great little place.. :jap:

Cool glasssdude007 !

I was there again last week but didn't try anything extravagant, noodle soup and khao pad. My friend had the Mango Chicken, Kate was trained at the old Don's and the dish was exactly how it was at Don's, my friend said very tasty.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived