Getting In Early...

sillybilly

Hello All...

Wanting to experence the magic of Songkran next year for the first time. :o Can anybody please tell me exactly when it is and when should I try to arrive in Chiang Mai?? Do the local start to have fun and play with the water early?

Been told stories by friends in Thailand about just how much fun it is...

Thanks in advance.. Waterboy :D

Hi

Songkran is on the 13th, 14th and 15th of April. Usually the 'fun' starts a few days before and it ends on the 16th. As many people travel on the 12th and the 13th it is best (and more safe) to be here a few days before and book a guesthouse or hotel way in advance.

Here you can find many threads where you can info about Songkran:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...ite=%2BSongkran

Just check it out. :o

Nienke

The "official" water throwing days are 13, 15 and 15, but it will start a day or so sooner and end a day or two after. Get here about the 9th and you should be OK. I enjoy it a lot, but many people hate it with a passion. I do think that it goes on too long. Two days would be just about perfect.

You seem to be looking forward to it, so my guess is that you will have fun - at least the first time. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

The "official" water throwing days are 13, 15 and 15, but it will start a day or so sooner and end a day or two after. Get here about the 9th and you should be OK. I enjoy it a lot, but many people hate it with a passion. I do think that it goes on too long. Two days would be just about perfect.

You seem to be looking forward to it, so my guess is that you will have fun - at least the first time. :D

:o Yep, UG's two loooooong days ARE perfect! :D :D

You seem to be looking forward to it, so my guess is that you will have fun - at least the first time. :D

:o Yep, UG's two loooooong days ARE perfect! :D:D

Not perfect enough. You'll certainly enjoy the first 20 minutes. And that's 18 too long for me.