Tv Has Changed In Hardy

lost_in_space

I installed Ubumtu Hardy Heron a couple of days ago and now the TV board looks different. The fonts have changed to I-don't-know-what. And the GIFs aren't clear. I have the most recent nvidia driver according to hardware driver settings. I have Hardy on my laptop too and don't have this problem. Haven't noticed this yet on other sites, just TV.

Any ideas?

Install the MS fonts. Here's how (at least I think so).

P.S. Some people love to see ads on their web browser. I for one do not, thus I installed the Ad-Blocker plugin into FireFox.

Edited by Gumballl

The problem is FF v3 (doesn't smooth images when zooming). Also I don't see too much the point to zoom images (very confusing) and now, when zooming the content of one tab it will zoom the content of all tabs as well.

I think iFF is getting bloated :o I'm now switching to Epiphany browser, it uses the same Gecko engine but unlike FF, it's very light and really integrated to Gnome desktop. It also includes some plugins like adblock but as binary files (lib) instead of Javascript, therefore it's faster. Still have some bugs but I think within few months it should be almost perfect.

Jackk,

this is from a PCWorld article called 5 things you'll like about FF3. Doesn't seem to jibe with our experience!

5. Whole-page Zooming

If your eyes aren't what they used to be, it's nice to bump up the size of text on Web pages, as Firefox 2 will do. But it only changes the text size-- the other elements remain the same size. That makes for pages that look like The Incredible Hulk, with words bursting through the boxs and tabs that are supposed to contain them.

The new Firefox magnifies everything on the page equally. Everything remains in proportion, but becomes easier to read. And the next time you visit that page, it'll display at the same level of zoom.

link

Well, that article is a typical Windows users manifesto (or lament?): the bigger/slower the better, complain about Microsoft monopoly but hail Google's one, can't live without a warning/alert/alarm/notification every 5 minutes, don't have compiz to zoom in/out any part of their desktop...

I like better that one:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/doc.../manifesto.html

The most important being: "The UNIX philosophy is to design small tools that do one thing, and do it well." :o