Immigration Office Serving Phetchabun

Which immigration office serves the Phetchabun area? Are you required to use the nearest office to your home or can you use the most efficient? Can members please advise which office they consider such? This is for a TM.7 application.

Have a look at the top of the website of the immigration police, under checkpoints. You can find the nearest by there.

http://www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php

From other posts I understood that officialy you need to go to the Immigration office of your aerea, but that is not really enforced. So far the only exception is Bangkok. They start to tell people to go to their own immigration office.

• 3 weeks later...

I posted on this several days ago, a good friend of mine in this Petchabun town has just completed his extension based on Thai wife at Suan Plu - Bangkok. The immigration officer informed him and his Thai wife that he should have gone to the Ayutthaya office. He pleaded ignorance and was granted his one month temporary stay only after his wife had to write some statement in Thai. This was his first extension and he goes back to Suan Plu for the result on 25th July.

Petchabun is a big province and we only live 30 km into the southern area so makes sense for Bangkok, or now it seems Ayutthaya for first time applicants.

There are many ex-pats/foreigners in Wichienburi town and I believe they all go too Bangkok too.

For folk up north Petchabun it is most likely another office as it is a bit of a hike to Bangers.

• 1 month later...
We have just heard from Immigation in bangkok, that Phetchabun will have its own office next year, this is from the big boss via my School director.

When next year not known yet will update when I get the info.

Now that is bloody good news but I still aint holding me breath

We have just heard from Immigation in bangkok, that Phetchabun will have its own office next year, this is from the big boss via my School director.

Tha Li is the office for Phetchabun City. Quiet, friendly & efficient. Give yourself 3 hours for the drive. Thank you mgc- info spot on.

Tha Li is the office for Phetchabun City. Quiet, friendly & efficient. Give yourself 3 hours for the drive. Thank you mgc- info spot on.

It is a bit of bitch to find first time by the way next to the fire station if anybody didnt know

post-21154-1218082390_thumb.jpg

post-21154-1218082375_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Immigration office for Phetchabun area has changed now as of 15th Dec 08 check with the immigration offices before you travel any distance as i had a hel_l of a game going from one to another when getting a married visa ~ went to Tha Li to be told it was Mai Sot (otherside of country) did the visa there but told next time to go some place up north of the area ~ they are changing offices as to which one serves where at the moment

Isn't there an imm office in Chiang Khan (Loei Province).

It's a nice drive through the mountains for those in the Northern part of Petchabun.

Once in Chiang Khan you can lunch alongside the river.

Additionally, depending on exactly where you are in Petchabun, Korat might work for you.

When I lived in Petchabun we always went to Chiang Mai. Not close or convenient, but we did a 4-5 day trip there a couple of times a year anyway.

Edited by TerryLH

Isn't there an imm office in Chiang Khan (Loei Province).

It's a nice drive through the mountains for those in the Northern part of Petchabun.

Once in Chiang Khan you can lunch alongside the river.

Additionally, depending on exactly where you are in Petchabun, Korat might work for you.

When I lived in Petchabun we always went to Chiang Mai. Not close or convenient, but we did a 4-5 day trip there a couple of times a year anyway.

Just wish there was an office thee its the one at ThaLi that serves the area there and that office has just been designated as being in Issan area for immigration and Phetchabun can no longer be served by it. The new office from what I can gather at the moment is further north and on the east side of the country forgot the name of it at present as i dont need it till next year now

• 3 weeks later...
Reported yesterday at Tha Li for my 90 days. Was told that when my yearly renewal comes up I cannot do again at Tha Li. Must go to Tak for renewal. This is for Phetchabun city residents.

BEWARE

I went to Tak to get a retirement visa as ThaLi wouldn't do it and at TAK (MaiSot)they said it is another office that serves Phetchabun city so pleaase do check before you go. It is some office up to the north and East forgot the name at present (but not ThaLi)

Oh and its further tha Tak :o

Edited by mgc

There are a lot of foreigners living in Phetchabun and I wonder where they all go for the extention if their Non O.

So far all the posts did not make this clear.

Why are immigrant offices tell to go somewhere else? I was thinking only Bangkok was refusing to make extensions for non BKK residents? :o

There are a lot of foreigners living in Phetchabun and I wonder where they all go for the extention if their Non O.

Why are immigrant offices tell to go somewhere else? I was thinking only Bangkok was refusing to make extensions for non BKK residents? :o

TiT (this is Thailand) comes to mind me thinks with the immigration offices at times

I live in a small city in central Petchaboon province......recently went to Bangkok to take care of my marriage visa..........they said "you should have gone to Tak."

I live in a small city in central Petchaboon province......recently went to Bangkok to take care of my marriage visa..........they said "you should have gone to Tak."

Just asked the wife the name of the place

When I did the married Visa last Dec at Tak they said the correct office was Changwat Nan and that is where I have to go this year to renew it

Oh and I live just 7km south of Phetchabun city

Edited by mgc

This is the latest from Suan Plu, friend went to do his 9th extension based on marriage on 27 Jan and was now informed that it is now Tak for folk who live in Petchabun. He had to sign a form stating that he understood this. We expats who live here in Phu Toei only live 30 kms into Petch from the south but the Immigration officer would have none of it!.

However friend did get his one month under consideration stamp and will get his extension this year in Bangkok but next year - Tak!

However the officer explained further that if you have business with your embassy/consulate in Bangkok for income letter you could continue with Suan Plu for application's -- :o

Also friend was advised to switch to retirement extension from next year and he must change his Thai bank account to his name only!!, there has been some posts on TV about this recently.

All I know now from looking on Google earth and my map of Thailand that Tak is a long way from here and will involve trekking westwards.

Does anyone have any info on Tak?, is it Mae Sot? or in Tak town?, I have the tel numbers and will call them, my own retirement extension is due in May so still have time to gen up!.

All I know now from looking on Google earth and my map of Thailand that Tak is a long way from here and will involve trekking westwards.

Does anyone have any info on Tak?, is it Mae Sot? or in Tak town?, I have the tel numbers and will call them, my own retirement extension is due in May so still have time to gen up!.

It is just outside Mae Sot. Just travel to Mae Sod and at the round about just befor entering Mae Sod take the road to the Friendship Bridge/border. It is about 5 Km from the round about. Go all the way to the border. The Immigration Office is on street at the left side of the bridge.

If traveling by bus, the busstation is near the roundabout. You can take a motor cycle taxi from there to the border.

You will find them very friendly and helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tha Li office is in the small town of Tha Li, no surprise there then but in Thailand you can never assume. It is in Loei province, about 40km from the city of Loei. From Chaiyaphum about 225km north. From Loei take route 201 north for about 8km then turn west on route 2115, about 30km to Tha Li. Without private transport I would imagine a bus from Chaiyaphum to Loei then a taxi. I`ve seen no evidence of a bus service between Loei & Tha Li but that doesn`t mean there isn`t one. The Tha Li office is friendly & efficient. I`ve used it 3 times.