Suan Sawarn

enfield951

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please show us your dream adress Homeseeker. It would be interresting to see your Paradise and pictures will be more than welcome, thank you very much.

I think

will be one of them but I can not find another

Having viewed the video the question needs to be asked: who in their right mind would ever want to live in this back of beyond dump?

I think the place needs to be renamed:

Alcatraz

Would anyone be interested in forming an owners group? Juts to get together and discuss problems or potential problems as this project will be two years over due this May which means by November we will be entitled to two years penalty!

Went round building B last week and nothing has moved in six months, they are all working trying to get building C up!

Let us see now. 2 years overdue? Penalty of 1000 baht per day, is it? Should be able to hold an owners convention in the Royal Cliff with all the money you guys are getting back.

Why don't you wait a year, your apartment will be free (if finished)

I don't think it matters that much if they focus on building C and D1 and D2 at this point because they need to have all 5 structures and common areas done before residency.

Most likely they will get all buildings up and common areas in reasonable condition then fit out as owners move in or any unsold units are sold.

Should look good when finished and all the landscaping is complete.

Would anyone be interested in forming an owners group? Juts to get together and discuss problems or potential problems as this project will be two years over due this May which means by November we will be entitled to two years penalty!

Went round building B last week and nothing has moved in six months, they are all working trying to get building C up!

I mentioned previoously about the difficulties in getting a group together to file suit. Forming an owners group will also be hard. How many people are Pattaya residents and able to turn up for meetings? How many people who would like to participate, actually only bought while on holiday? As holidaymakers don't always arrive at the same time, there goes another shortage of people in the owners group. Of course, you have the legal right to a de facto owners group when the condo is finished and the Juristic thing takes over, but see how many people are :

(a) here long enough each year to participate

(B) are on holiday and can't make it

© can't be bothered cos they know they got screwed and do not have the appetite for more.

Edited by prefabs

I sued this company, invoking the clause to get my deposit back, with compensation. The petition was lodged in April 2010 and the case was heard in court in September 2010, the defending lawer agreed to settle. I again went to court in November, where it was agreed that I would recieve my cash in 6 monthly installments. The first installment due to be paid in December 2010. Of course this never happened. Next step was to seize my cash from their bank account......yup you guessed it, no money in their bank. Spoke to my lawyer again this morning and we are now looking to sieze any other 'assets' that they may have, I of course, doubt there is any realisable assets held in this company's name. If indeed they do have assets that we manage to seize, then it goes to auction, which I am advised by my brief, will be a very lenghty process. My own feeling is that I will never see my deposit again, and I doubt very much if this condo block will ever be finished. I also have to agree with previous posters regarding the 'penalty' of 1,000 baht per day. If people seriously think that this contract will be upheld, then I am afraid you are fooling yourselves. Do the math, they cannot and most certainly will not honour this clause in the contract. A Thai friend informed me of a case in Bangkok very similar to this situation. The owners formed a group and collectively tried to sue the builders, they were successful, but to date they have not been paid out, or taken occupation of their apartments. They won their case 14 years ago!!!!

I am not trying to be pessimistic, however, I think that we are well and truly screwed on this one! I still keep praying to Buddah in the hope that some devine intervention will win the day for us, and I will continue to browse this forum for any tidbits of info. If anyone wants to get in touch with me to hear first hand my experience with this lot, then please feel free to contact me.

I sued this company, invoking the clause to get my deposit back, with compensation. The petition was lodged in April 2010 and the case was heard in court in September 2010, the defending lawer agreed to settle. I again went to court in November, where it was agreed that I would recieve my cash in 6 monthly installments. The first installment due to be paid in December 2010. Of course this never happened. Next step was to seize my cash from their bank account......yup you guessed it, no money in their bank. Spoke to my lawyer again this morning and we are now looking to sieze any other 'assets' that they may have, I of course, doubt there is any realisable assets held in this company's name. If indeed they do have assets that we manage to seize, then it goes to auction, which I am advised by my brief, will be a very lenghty process. My own feeling is that I will never see my deposit again, and I doubt very much if this condo block will ever be finished. I also have to agree with previous posters regarding the 'penalty' of 1,000 baht per day. If people seriously think that this contract will be upheld, then I am afraid you are fooling yourselves. Do the math, they cannot and most certainly will not honour this clause in the contract. A Thai friend informed me of a case in Bangkok very similar to this situation. The owners formed a group and collectively tried to sue the builders, they were successful, but to date they have not been paid out, or taken occupation of their apartments. They won their case 14 years ago!!!!

I am not trying to be pessimistic, however, I think that we are well and truly screwed on this one! I still keep praying to Buddah in the hope that some devine intervention will win the day for us, and I will continue to browse this forum for any tidbits of info. If anyone wants to get in touch with me to hear first hand my experience with this lot, then please feel free to contact me.

Used to be another guy called DJ Steven who was always on about SS. He was very optimistic about it. You aren't related by any chance, are you? A few similarities in your names

Disco Pete.......Whom may I ask is your lawyer and who was the defending lawyer? Where was the case heard? I assume he was representing TAG when you say "company" name correct ? Thanks for the info.

My lawyer is Paiboon Tangthanawat, from Paiboon Law Office, Rungland Village. He is/was the chair of the Pattaya Law Faculty. I find him to be very competent. I am unsure of the defending lawyer's name, but yes, he was representing the TAG Group. The case was heard in the Courts Of Justice, in Threppaya Road.

I would welcome the chance to meet up with any other 'owners' to discuss this situation and any possible way forward. Perhaps we could invite someone form TAG to any meeting to hear what they have to say!

looking forward to any news/update - borred to hear all these comments from whom with no interest in this project - lets hear any progress, workers on site...etc. in advance THANKS

dvt, I wondered for a while now when you would manage a conribution which exceeded one line and a question mark, ie "update?" was pretty well the norm for you for a time. I was getting "borred" with your continual bumping of the thread.

Yes, many people who have no nterst in the completion of your investment have contributed to this thread.Some pertty vitriolic,others offering informaton which may hep. However, if you read through all the posts, you may want to remove your hed fom the sand and smell the coffe, Suan Sawarn may or may not be completed sooner(or later) but all the promises of money back etc. are well off the mark. Completion dates, contracts, transfers of chanotes etc.have all been glossed over, but the reality is that you have been screwed at every level so far, let's wait for the next one, shall we?

prefabs, tell me what you are contributing with en this thread, other than being negative and i can see that you do not have your money involved........

Nothing at all mate, nothing at all. Just trying to bring a bit of realism to the investors. You guys are getting burned and

it would appear that many are burying their heads in the sand, unable to face up to reality.

You are correct. I did not invest in this property, be it a monstrosity or a dream. Just looks like sh*t to me and so did the brochures at the time

Hi

Was on site just a couple days ago and there is some good news all five builings now up and they have orderd all the funicture i was told.

Here for the bad news to all those who think you will be getting some big pay out its not going to happen what they will do is give every one a 180000 refund of there unit.

I also have been told that they are getting low on money again and that they are falling behind on paying people at moment, They are now also saying want be finished until october now.

i do think we will be lucky to get them every finished at this rate.

Been there almost every day in the last few weeks and things are still going, my condo in the last building is now painted, electric is

put in and bathroom is tiled, this all in the last 2 weeks, i can see progress every day..

i understand the frustration, i have it myself but i'm happy with 180k discount and a condo that gets finished after all.

i really don't see the point in everyone starting law suits and resulting in the stories i read above : getting NOTHING but extra

costs on lawyers etc. I bet you that IF it were finished on time one and half year ago or when was it i lost count?, that u

couldn't even get as much rent for it as the discount you are getting so <deleted> is everyone complaining about? And for the guys who love to

say how horrible it looks, it looks exactly the same as the show unit i saw years ago and all my friends and family i take there to

show it say it looks good, specially for the money spend on it, for that price u get a 28sqm craphole at nirun condo with thai style

'furniture' .. and we all know what that means :P

And the other 1m projects might be better but much worse located if u like to be central. i just don't want to be in naklua or halfway jomtien,

it's too far and over there u can find a lot of bargains.

Anyway, i don't understand that NOBODY till now opted for the window in his bathroom like the show-unit did, i went there to

discus the price it's about 13k including instalation extra but NOW is the time to order it, makes the condo look better and

bigger.. i also made some changes with electric plugs and where internet comes and stuff like that so if anyone

needs to change something now is the time, maybe already late in most buildings cases..

One last thing, it concerns me that the windows are not blinded or mirrored with foil or something, i spoke to the project manager and

they are gonna discuss this with everybody when phase one is completed, if everyone agrees maybe they can get a cheap price to

foil the windows, and thrust me, if you don't want everyone to see EVERYTHING you do you gonna need it, also to keep the sun out.

Cheers,

Been there almost every day in the last few weeks and things are still going, my condo in the last building is now painted, electric is

put in and bathroom is tiled, this all in the last 2 weeks, i can see progress every day..

i understand the frustration, i have it myself but i'm happy with 180k discount and a condo that gets finished after all.

i really don't see the point in everyone starting law suits and resulting in the stories i read above : getting NOTHING but extra

costs on lawyers etc. I bet you that IF it were finished on time one and half year ago or when was it i lost count?, that u

couldn't even get as much rent for it as the discount you are getting so <deleted> is everyone complaining about? And for the guys who love to

say how horrible it looks, it looks exactly the same as the show unit i saw years ago and all my friends and family i take there to

show it say it looks good, specially for the money spend on it, for that price u get a 28sqm craphole at nirun condo with thai style

'furniture' .. and we all know what that means :P

And the other 1m projects might be better but much worse located if u like to be central. i just don't want to be in naklua or halfway jomtien,

it's too far and over there u can find a lot of bargains.

Anyway, i don't understand that NOBODY till now opted for the window in his bathroom like the show-unit did, i went there to

discus the price it's about 13k including instalation extra but NOW is the time to order it, makes the condo look better and

bigger.. i also made some changes with electric plugs and where internet comes and stuff like that so if anyone

needs to change something now is the time, maybe already late in most buildings cases..

One last thing, it concerns me that the windows are not blinded or mirrored with foil or something, i spoke to the project manager and

they are gonna discuss this with everybody when phase one is completed, if everyone agrees maybe they can get a cheap price to

foil the windows, and thrust me, if you don't want everyone to see EVERYTHING you do you gonna need it, also to keep the sun out.

Cheers,

And you probably can know it since you bought one of those as well.

Is this a good time to buy in Suan Sawarn right now?

Are you serious ?..... :blink:

Only 1000 000 baht for foreign name, the price same like 3 years before.

Dj Steven said that the only other option you have for that price is at the Nirun getto condo , still I would advice you to choose for the latter.

Dj Steven said that the only other option you have for that price is at the Nirun getto condo , still I would advice you to choose for the latter.

i suggest that everyone who has nothing to do with ss stops posting here and keep their lovely opinions to themselves,

getting tired from all this negativity, in the end i'm not losing any sleep over it, it's just gonna make me leave this forum

sadly for the people who need updates who actually bought there...

and it's 1.2m in farang name not 1m.. , and honestly, maybe not the time to buy now, wait at least till phase 1 gets

finished and decide then.. hope they (can) learn from their mistakes.

and yes i bought in the nirun ghetto also and even do it's an old building it looks very nice after completely

refurbishing it , i bought it while i'm waiting for ss to be complete so i don't have to rent and can choose my

furniture etc, and i never had any problems here like the paparazi like to say on some forums about nirun being

a place for dealers and murders and... lol never saw anything like that (yet) but i'm only here for a year now so

maybe i just missed it..

anyway i passed by the park also and there seem to be people moved in now, where some cars parked bellow the

tennis court and some motorbikes. not sure it's still linked to suan sawarn?

• 4 weeks later...

I believe its B1.2 m in foreign name .For M1.3 m you could buy a newly fully completed unit at Park Lane ,( foreign name )also in Jomtien .Anyone interested i have such a unit advailable .

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Surin now but will be heading down to pattaya end of next week. Will post photos and check status.

Is there someone who have been to the site lately? I've send a few e-mails to Tag Group, but they never bother to answer.