Suan Sawarn

enfield951

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Visited the site over the weekend and although progress is slow building A is now virtually complete ,building B is also well advanced with the lift installed (not working yet)and flooring and air con in most so not a lot to do.Building C is a bit slow but I think they have been concentrating on buildings D and E with building D almost finished and Building E up to roof level.

I think they are trying to get the buildings to a state where they can finish the infrastructure ie car parks and all the common areas then they can release the completed appartments whilst still being able to finish the other blocks internally.

They confirmed that the 1000 baht a day penalty had kicked in but the girl I spoke to tried to tell me it was only for 180 days.The contract says it kicks in 180 days after the proposed completion date and if the penalty mounts to more than than the balance owed then the deficit has to be paid by the builder before hand over.

I am sure there are a couple of the negative posters on this thread will take great pleasure in ridiculing all this but the genuine buyers have there contracts which are in English and the wording is quite clear with no nasty small print.

I hope this helps the genuine buyers and the negative posters have found a life over Christmas.

So, when you get your keys and chanote, you also get a cheque worth 1000 baht for every day the apartment was late? And so do all the other people? Must be hundreds in the same position as you. Add it all up and see how much the developer owes.

Sounds like a good deal this payback. Sounds like a great deal. Sounds too good to be true, in fact.

However, what sounds too good to be true, usually is.

If you don't get your money, you will do exactly what? endless list of possibilities here. Argue the toss? Refuse your chanote? Go to court? While staying in a building you are known to live in without worrying about what may happen to you and yours? In that case we will hear your final reply in about 10 years. The lady you spoke to has already started the confusion, the lawyers will have a field day. Getting a group of investors together to go to court will be nigh impossible and the developer will be using YOUR money to fight his case.

Not being a pessimist, but a realist who has seen contracts circumvented and the Thai court system at work. I think you have a hard time in front of you

The 1000 baht a day penalty comes off the final balance so we as buyers will only pay the reduced amount after deducting the penalty.There is a huge chance of getting the buyers together to take on the developer as you say there are over 200 appartments in this development so a small donation into a fund is quite possible if needed.

There is no payment due until the project is completed so I dont think he will be using our money to fight his corner as we have only paid half and I think development costs will be more than that.

I am a realist and we have contracts to buy these properties which are legally binding both ways,it was the developer who drew up the contracts and the penalty clause is now a problem they did not foresee with the world wide recession having a massive effect on most markets.

It would be good to have views from other buyers?

The 1000 baht a day penalty comes off the final balance so we as buyers will only pay the reduced amount after deducting the penalty.There is a huge chance of getting the buyers together to take on the developer as you say there are over 200 appartments in this development so a small donation into a fund is quite possible if needed.

There is no payment due until the project is completed so I dont think he will be using our money to fight his corner as we have only paid half and I think development costs will be more than that.

I am a realist and we have contracts to buy these properties which are legally binding both ways,it was the developer who drew up the contracts and the penalty clause is now a problem they did not foresee with the world wide recession having a massive effect on most markets.

It would be good to have views from other buyers?

quite

The builders are english owned !!!!!!

But we are in Thailand where a company only can be owned 49% by foreigners aren't we?

And in Thailand by law always the Thai language contract will have priority over the foreign language contract,unless the foreign language contract it is certified as an identical copy of the Thai language one.

We did not sign a thai language contract the contract was in english and thai law will enforce that contract as it is the only contract that exists !!

Lets keep it with a simple question...................how much can you scratch from a bare rock?

Or how much blood can you get from a turnip?

Sometimes a contract just isn't worth the paper it is written on.

But keep believing and good luck in collecting! TIT :whistling:

You may have to settle for far less. I have been down that road before and I sympathize. ;)

My estimation that this place will be lucky if it ever gets finished,personally I think it is on the brink of being abandoned. For it's completion It is now being funded by a bank (or was ) ,there is no way a bank would incur penalty payments into its lending . It seems the tap is slowly but surely coming to a full stop as building work draws to a trickle

The amount of money that was poured into this project initially should have funded a quick completion to this project,but I guess the developer went onto develop other projects that are now sitting as dead ducks in the water.

It is interesting to see the rather more salubrious development further up the road finished in record time,but the spin off project now floundering. The sales pitch by that (was he Israeli )? in Carrefour pissed me off totally,I told him many time in passing I was not interested in the total crap he was selling.

Anyway the two places ,this place the SS camp and the Park you need a packed lunch and an overnight travel bag they are that far out of reach of everywhere,still the eyesore they are means it's out of the way without too much discomfort on the eye.

Edited by jori

My estimation that this place will be lucky if it ever gets finished,personally I think it is on the brink of being abandoned. For it's completion It is now being funded by a bank (or was ) ,there is no way a bank would incur penalty payments into its lending . It seems the tap is slowly but surely coming to a full stop as building work draws to a trickle

The amount of money that was poured into this project initially should have funded a quick completion to this project,but I guess the developer went onto develop other projects that are now sitting as dead ducks in the water.

It is interesting to see the rather more salubrious development further up the road finished in record time,but the spin off project now floundering. The sales pitch by that (was he Israeli )? in Carrefour pissed me off totally,I told him many time in passing I was not interested in the total crap he was selling.

Anyway the two places ,this place the SS camp and the Park you need a packed lunch and an overnight travel bag they are that far out of reach of everywhere,still the eyesore they are means it's out of the way without too much discomfort on the eye.

Seems we have a influx of clowns on the board with no facts nor interest in the project but to post their bs.

Seems we have a influx of clowns on the board with no facts nor interest in the project but to post their bs.

Dont worry Jraff, He's the same on every property related thread!

We did not sign a thai language contract the contract was in english and thai law will enforce that contract as it is the only contract that exists !!

Lets keep it with a simple question...................how much can you scratch from a bare rock?

Or how much blood can you get from a turnip?

Sometimes a contract just isn't worth the paper it is written on.

But keep believing and good luck in collecting! TIT :whistling:

You may have to settle for far less. I have been down that road before and I sympathize. ;)

Turnips and bare rock !!! have either of you been to Suan Sawarn I very much doubt it or you would know how much materials are already on site to complete this project why dont you both go to the ladies in Thailand forum you can fight over Hand bags there and you would both be far more at home.

Yeah they just waste peoples time and clutter up the boad with nonsense comments. Last I spoke to the project manager it was March/April completion. All 5 buildings need to be complete with OR6 then common area done before occupancy. Anyway Vosso said he would be there in January for updates.

Yeah they just waste peoples time and clutter up the boad with nonsense comments. Last I spoke to the project manager it was March/April completion. All 5 buildings need to be complete with OR6 then common area done before occupancy. Anyway Vosso said he would be there in January for updates.

The first thing to consider is the fact that when your told anything by a Thai is not to believe a word of it. You have been told of projected date as a way of getting rid ,post 320 one month ago was more informative with a suggested date of the end of next year which I find more believable.After the passage of time do you really believe completion in March /April 2011?. Laughable

The clowns I suggest are the demented souls who think they are on for a positive and substantial windfall from this obnoxious project,anyway from the comments here from perspective owners and the dump it is, you thoroughly deserve each other.

I see Bob the Builder has made a comment too,nice to see that,sort of a certificate of approval. Advice sorely needed,advice willingly given as to a certain and positive house sale...slap a load more paint on it,Christ I bet the paint shops were empty the day after your advisory comment,paint now ten foot thick adorn the exterior and interior of any and all houses for sale in the Patts area (that would mean every last house here).

All or most of the flats in this SS camp would have been bought as investments,either resale or to rent out I suggest,and because of the property crash have been caught out big style, the halcyon days of property boom here in Patts is well and truly over,never ever to return ,finished, kaput ,now that is a projection that is to be believed :jap:

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for the update, good job, hope it will be finished in 2011- tried to find your video on you tube, but could not find any new ones, please put a link here, thank you

Edited by dvt

You Tube - Suan sawarn Januar and Suan sawarn inside......

thank you for the update, good job, hope it will be finished in 2011- tried to find your video on you tube, but could not find any new ones, please put a link here, thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone be interested in forming an owners group? Juts to get together and discuss problems or potential problems as this project will be two years over due this May which means by November we will be entitled to two years penalty!

Went round building B last week and nothing has moved in six months, they are all working trying to get building C up!