Express Tolls To Rise By Bt5-15

george

Express tolls to rise by Bt5-15

BANGKOK: -- The Expressway and Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand's board of directors on Thursday resolved to raise the tollway rate by Bt5-15.

Effective on September 1, the rates for 4-wheel vehicles would be Bt45 from Bt40, for 6-10-wheel to Bt79 from Bt60, and for vehicles with over 10 wheels to Bt100 from Bt85.

The rates for the Chaeng Wattana-Prachachuen section would also be raised to Bt15, Bt20 and Bt35 for the above three types of vehicles. The Rama IX-Srinakarin section's rates will be Bt25, Bt50 and Bt70.

The new rates would be submitted to the Transport Ministry, and the ministerial regulation would be amended to enforce the new rates.

-- The Nation 2008-07-24

I suppose the expressway prices have to be raised to cover the significant cost increase due to rising global oil prices!

:o

Nope!

nor for upgrading and maintenance

probably because less cars are using the expressways because of increasing global oil prices

Took the expressway from Din Daeng to Rangsit last week and the tolls were 35 and 20, up from 20 and 10 from when I remember. When did this happen?

Since babcock and brown bought into it.

Desperate to emulate Macquarie Infrastructure holdings, B&B managed to buy into one of the least desirable toll roads in Asia (due to its consistent mismanagement) by the majority shareholders.

Took the expressway from Din Daeng to Rangsit last week and the tolls were 35 and 20, up from 20 and 10 from when I remember. When did this happen?

Effective on September 1, the rates for 4-wheel vehicles would be Bt45 from Bt40, for 6-10-wheel to Bt79 from Bt60, and for vehicles with over 10 wheels to Bt100 from Bt85.

--------------

I use prepaid 40-baht expressway coupons. Shall I have to pay the difference of 5 baht or they will accept the coupons not demanding for a 5 baht difference?

You're a little late. It happened last december.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/11/27...ss_30057483.php

:o

By the way, it shows what is the faith of any kind of subsidy...

Someone, eventually, has to pay the bill.

And this is exactly what will happen with the current "tax cut" orgy on diesel (started today)... In 6 months... we will pay the bill.

Edited by cclub75

I guess oil price rises mean that less people will be using the Expressways,

so tolls have to increase to compensate for the loss of income?

Typical Thai business logic. :o

If it keeps big trucks and buses from going up there I m all for it. They should have never been allowed up there in the first place.

Maybe all trucks, busses and pick ups (and no personal vehicals) should be all up there and they would not clog it all up down stairs

Expressway toll increase hurts middle-class: Democrat

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party MP Atthawit Suwanphakdee said Sunday that the government should not hurt the middle-class people by approving the express toll increase.

The Expressway and Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand's board of directors on Thursday resolved to raise the tollway rate by Bt5 for 4-wheel vehicle or from Bt40 to Bt45. Motorists will also have to pay Bt3 VAT for the toll.

Atthawit said the increate would prompt motorists to use toll-free roads and caused traffic congestions.

He said the government should at least exempt motorists from paying the VAT.

-- The Nation 2008-07-27

If it keeps big trucks and buses from going up there I m all for it. They should have never been allowed up there in the first place.

Maybe all trucks, busses and pick ups (and no personal vehicals) should be all up there and they would not clog it all up down stairs

Keep the crazy bus drivers and badly maintained and overloaded trucks down below and passenger cars on top.

Can you see the fun and game if they start charging 40B + VAT=42.1B. 45B + VAT = 48.15B

Just think about all the satang coins and 1B coin that will be needed to make it work. I know labor cost is not high on the minds of these financial geniuses, but think about time and handling the coins for the change. I would not want to be the coin delivery person for the first few weeks. :o

Stage 1 has paid for itself since 20 years.

The money goes to where VAT goes. Into some politicians pocket.

The tollways are a disgrace. Crumbling death traps.

But what I want to know is why don't the ERTA board meet every six months to raise rates?

O yeah now I remember - tolls are set before they ever break ground.