Bistro Eurogourmet

JohnBKKK

Here a picture of tomorrows special

Cooked Ham with fresh white Asparagous and mashed Potatoes - had no time for any decoration but there will be fresh parsley and it will also be available on chefsxp

post-30681-1221216031_thumb.png

a very big portion of Ham and 10 Asparagous speers per serving +200G of pureed Potato

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, I was wondering about your ChefsXP menu....and a question related to the Reuben...

In looking now, I noticed you also have the Reuben beef burger (with saurkraut and cheese) listed on the delivery menu.

The ChefsXP listing indicates the burger is actually larger (250g) compared to your other burgers... And the listing also indicates it comes with french fries and cole slaw... all for a very reasonable price of 193b...

Is that menu description correct, as to including french fries and cole slaw? Or is that a misprint also, similar to what happened yesterday with the regular Reuben??

Thank you... John.

John, I was wondering about your ChefsXP menu....and a question related to the Reuben...

In looking now, I noticed you also have the Reuben beef burger (with saurkraut and cheese) listed on the delivery menu.

The ChefsXP listing indicates the burger is actually larger (250g) compared to your other burgers... And the listing also indicates it comes with french fries and cole slaw... all for a very reasonable price of 193b...

Is that menu description correct, as to including french fries and cole slaw? Or is that a misprint also, similar to what happened yesterday with the regular Reuben??

Thank you... John.

John,

after the problem yesterday I have checked all mouseovers and everything is correct and the Reuben Burger does come with cole slaw and FF

John

Thank you... John.

Just from my experience, as that was the first thing I tried... it was pretty big, I'd say it was at least a half-pounder so 250g would be about right. And it did come with fries and slaw and I hope that it continues to be that way... I had expected smaller so I ordered a few other things as well and couldn't finish it all!

Hi Sepple,

glad you enjoyed the special .. yep its a very large portion, usually enough for two

For next Saturday ... actually I might introduce it earlier this week, may be Wednesday already on chefsxp I'm making a TexMex product:

Burrito and re-fried Beans

I have Chorrizo Sausages and just got a shipment of fresh Jalepenoes and Pinto Beans in - making charcoal BBQ Chicken on Wednesday and stuff the Burrito with the Chicken (made with our own jalepeno based BBQ sauce) , Corizzo sausage, Avocado Guacamole and some mex rice and sour creme - cheese and slices of jalepenos on top melted under the grill - on the side re-fried Beans - should go down a treat - I now make my own ultra thin flour tortillas which we also use for our mex breakfast -

John

p.s. this will be part of our permanent menu as well, also on chefsxp and needless to say, the Burrito is going to be substantial

Hi John. You forgot to mention how much is the baked ham.

What is the pricing on the Mexican plate?

Thanks

Guys I really do think John is trying his best to keep customers happy. Some growing pains as he expands to Chefs XP. To be expected IMHO.

Onyxia I hope you wiull give them another chance to satisfy you.

Hi,

the Ham on chefsxp is 470.00 incl. VAT - a lot of cooked Ham and 10 spears of asparagus plys pureed potato - enough for 2

The Burrito I'm not sure yet, have to do my calculation - they are gonna be big and with a top filling - I would guess somewhere about B 200.00 or so - will let you know once they are done.

Yea, initially I outsourced the "tortillas" but they were anywhere from wet cardboard to pitta bread - than decided to make them myself and now they are very thin and blister nicely when placed onto the BBQ or hotplate - I now recommend when someone orders our mex breafast to put all into thetortilla, roll it up and enjoy,

John

p.s. I would like to point out that there was no problem with the food itself or the delivery, just the ellusive mouse-over thing on the website that caught us out and we did not add the coleslaw/ff - for which in my opinion he was more than compensated by not being charged for anyting - tempers flaired a bit also due to a wrong entry by myself for which I appologised, however, its of course up to him if he wants to continue or not

All the mouse-over things have been checked and are all correct now :o

Yes, the ham was huge, we had sandwiches for lunch yesterday with what couldn't eat on Saturday and brought home. Very nice too but I have to confess I didn't try to make hollondaise sauce, just mixed up some English mustard. I did make the bread for the sandwiches though!

To be honest, we thought you could cut the portion size down a bit especially if you carve it a bit thinner like the corned beef in the Reuben, but neither of us are big eaters.

Looking forward to the Mexican on Saturday.

Hi Colin,

thanks for your comments. It is big but than again we had some customers in who "inhaled" the lot within minutes :o - rather people take what they can not finish home and enjoy it on a sandwich as you did than reading here from someone else that our portions are too small.

Available as of tomorrow, Thursday the 18th September:

Large Burrito stuffed with Charcoal BBQ Chicken, Chorizo Sausage, Guacamole, Jalapeno's Mexican Rice (not too much) and Cheese - Baht 180.00 + VAT at chefsxp

Mouse over: In a thin, soft flour Tortilla baked on a hot cast iron griddle you will find the most delectable combination of smoky charcoal grilled Chicken with our own renowned Chorizo Sausage, Jalapeno Peppers and Avocado Guacamole complimented by imported Cheese. This large Burrito is accompanied by refried Beans and a light Salsa - the Burrito is quite mild, for those who like it hotter, we add a portion of our own Hot-Sauce to your order if requested, which is based on Habaneros and is hotter than "Dave's Insanity" hotsauce from the US and has great flavor as well.

Now I'm writing my own mouse-overs :D

The Burrito will also of course be available at the Bistro

I use a very heavy castiron skillet to make the tortilla so they are as close to the original Mexican ones as possible and since they are only about 1mm thick, they blister instanteniously and can be turned after 2 seconds

John

post-30681-1221675737_thumb.png

general apperance but they all do look different with less or more brown spots etc..

Hi Colin,

thanks for your comments. It is big but than again we had some customers in who "inhaled" the lot within minutes :o - rather people take what they can not finish home and enjoy it on a sandwich as you did than reading here from someone else that our portions are too small.

Available as of tomorrow, Thursday the 18th September:

Large Burrito stuffed with Charcoal BBQ Chicken, Chorizo Sausage, Guacamole, Jalapeno's Mexican Rice (not too much) and Cheese - Baht 180.00 + VAT at chefsxp

Mouse over: In a thin, soft flour Tortilla baked on a hot cast iron griddle you will find the most delectable combination of smoky charcoal grilled Chicken with our own renowned Chorizo Sausage, Jalapeno Peppers and Avocado Guacamole complimented by imported Cheese. This large Burrito is accompanied by refried Beans and a light Salsa - the Burrito is quite mild, for those who like it hotter, we add a portion of our own Hot-Sauce to your order if requested, which is based on Habaneros and is hotter than "Dave's Insanity" hotsauce from the US and has great flavor as well.

Now I'm writing my own mouse-overs :D

The Burrito will also of course be available at the Bistro

I use a very heavy castiron skillet to make the tortilla so they are as close to the original Mexican ones as possible and since they are only about 1mm thick, they blister instanteniously and can be turned after 2 seconds

John

post-30681-1221675737_thumb.png

general apperance but they all do look different with less or more brown spots etc..

Holy moly... gotta set a reminder to order that for lunch tomorrow!

It's still not on the menu .. hmmmm ... just call them and ask for it - its 180.00 +VAT and comes with re-fried Beans and Salsa ...... it is available at the Bistro and there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to process the order by phone,

John

It's still not on the menu .. hmmmm ... just call them and ask for it - its 180.00 +VAT and comes with re-fried Beans and Salsa ...... it is available at the Bistro and there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to process the order by phone,

John

Probably needs to get into their system for accounting purposes and the receipt as well. Tried to reach their online support, no one was available.

Maybe you should call them and ask them to get it on the menu ASAP - I'm still here for a couple of hours so I can always have it for dinner instead.

Needless to say I'm ordering cole slaw as well... but while you're here - what's the difference between your two potato salads? Could be tempted to try them as well...

Probably needs to get into their system for accounting purposes and the receipt as well. Tried to reach their online support, no one was available.

Maybe you should call them and ask them to get it on the menu ASAP - I'm still here for a couple of hours so I can always have it for dinner instead.

Needless to say I'm ordering cole slaw as well... but while you're here - what's the difference between your two potato salads? Could be tempted to try them as well...

Just come off the phone with Sorot and he promissed me that the Burrito will be on within the hour - coleslaw no problema but why you say 2 different potato salads? anything else I missed on their site? (getting nervous here) :o we have one type in some cases as part of the meal or as an extra

John

Ahhhhh now I get it .... pfeeewwwww ..... the second one is the same potato salad but where the first one is made with oil and vinegar only, the second one has majonaise put on top and a sliced hard boiled egg - its a German thing called a "Russiches Ei" and a small snack in itself, usually eaten with some bread,

John

As of now, 7:00pm the Burrito is included in our chefsxp menu!

Arrived right on time, though the delivery girl was a bit ditzy - couldn't find the office with clearly posted stickers on the door, and couldn't get the change right.

First, the burrito - huge in size, but as it had not been wrapped in foil, the condensation got soaked up by the tortilla and as a result fell apart in my hands. Also, half of the contents of the burrito was rice - not mentioned at all on the description - and got a piece of tendon which was too tough to chew. Jalapenos, which I asked to put on the side, were not delivered at all.

That being said, the burrito was quite good, the salsa was decent, and as I am not a bean man I would hardly know the difference, but the beans did taste quite nice and there was a hefty portion. I was looking forward to an all meat/vegetable burrito though.

post-15263-1221743694_thumb.jpg

I also ordered the potato salad with mayonnaise and egg. Was surprised since it came in a big container, certainly no complaint about the size. Taste was quite good - but as you will see below, the mayonnaise was almost non-existent.

post-15263-1221743840_thumb.jpg

Also ordered cole slaw as usual - haven't tasted it yet and not going to post another picture but it looks just as good as the last time.

Definitely adding these dishes to my future orders, but the burrito needs a bit of fixing (and either no rice or on the side) - and more mayonnaise on the potato salad! But never a complaint about the taste, which has always been high standard.

Hi,

ok here we go: :o if you look at the description above you'll see that the rice is mentioned and also on the "mouse-over" on chefsxp but the amount is not that large compared to the chicken since we use some 300G of chicken and Chorizo etc... rice is also a traditonal part of a Burrito filling

The Jalepeno on the side .. hmm we do not offer that at the moment since the Burritos are pre-build in our main kitchen - however I will prepare some Jalepenos tomorrow and as of Saturday those will be available as an extra - otherwise there are plenty of Jalepeno in the Burrito already I;m sure you"ll agree.

I have already instructed my staff to change the packaging to foil wrap and not use the xp's packaging which seems to have an adverse effect on a number of items by being air-tight one can actually see the condensation on the sides of the container in your picture -sorry about this, but this was our first take-out order for the Burrito's - delighted that you did enjoy it - having had one myself for my dinner yeasterday I was not too worried about the flavor side :D the same for the re-fried Beans

As to the tendon, it is virtually impossible to avoid this 100% unless instead of thighs we use breast which is dry and has a lot less flavor - I spend an hour going through the chicken with gloves on checking - however there will be no bones but the even thoug I took out probably 99.9%, the odd little one tendon which is quite soft just after the BBQ may have escaped.

The "Russenei" Patato salad - I have already instructed my staff to add some majonaiseon the side - problem is here that one person would find more too much and another finds it to be too little .... having looked at your picture I'm more upset that the Muppets have not used the egg-slicer which I have given them to use just for this purpose to make a nicer presentation - will have words tomorrow

Thanks for your order and contructive comments and hope to be of service again soon

John

John, I'm not sure if you're looking at the same thing on the web as the rest of us.

I'm looking at the ChefsXP web site, and your burrito listing there, and there is NO mention of rice either in the title description or in the mouse over text.

I don't mind rice in my burrito, even like it within reason. But I believe OneThailand was correct in telling you above that there is NO mention of rice in the web descriptions under ChefsXP -- at least as of my sending this note at 9:20 p.m.

Maybe you are looking at some version that is different from the text that is actually live on the ChefsXP web site.

Hi,

ok here we go: :o if you look at the description above you'll see that the rice is mentioned and also on the "mouse-over" on chefsxp but the amount is not that large compared to the chicken since we use some 300G of chicken and Chorizo etc... rice is also a traditonal part of a Burrito filling

The Jalepeno on the side .. hmm we do not offer that at the moment since the Burritos are pre-build in our main kitchen - however I will prepare some Jalepenos tomorrow and as of Saturday those will be available as an extra - otherwise there are plenty of Jalepeno in the Burrito already I;m sure you"ll agree.

I have already instructed my staff to change the packaging to foil wrap and not use the xp's packaging which seems to have an adverse effect on a number of items by being air-tight one can actually see the condensation on the sides of the container in your picture -sorry about this, but this was our first take-out order for the Burrito's - delighted that you did enjoy it - having had one myself for my dinner yeasterday I was not too worried about the flavor side :D the same for the re-fried Beans

As to the tendon, it is virtually impossible to avoid this 100% unless instead of thighs we use breast which is dry and has a lot less flavor - I spend an hour going through the chicken with gloves on checking - however there will be no bones but the even thoug I took out probably 99.9%, the odd little one tendon which is quite soft just after the BBQ may have escaped.

The "Russenei" Patato salad - I have already instructed my staff to add some majonaiseon the side - problem is here that one person would find more too much and another finds it to be too little .... having looked at your picture I'm more upset that the Muppets have not used the egg-slicer which I have given them to use just for this purpose to make a nicer presentation - will have words tomorrow

Thanks for your order and contructive comments and hope to be of service again soon

John

John, I'm not sure if you're looking at the same thing on the web as the rest of us.

I'm looking at the ChefsXP web site, and your burrito listing there, and there is NO mention of rice either in the title description or in the mouse over text.

I don't mind rice in my burrito, even like it within reason. But I believe OneThailand was correct in telling you above that there is NO mention of rice in the web descriptions under ChefsXP -- at least as of my sending this note at 9:20 p.m.

Maybe you are looking at some version that is different from the text that is actually live on the ChefsXP web site.

Please scroll up and look at my initial Burrito entry Yesterday, 2008-09-17 21:12:57 and than even on the entry by onethailand in which mine is copied you will find the mentioning of rice as an ingredient :o and this is a copy of my mouseover text as well

PLEASE !!

OneThailand, thanks for posting the photos and comments re your dinner tonight. It was interesting to see and read.

The potato salad looks pretty good, even without the well-sliced eggs, and it's certainly a good portion. There are styles of PS that use very little mayo, almost salad nicoise style... But I'm not sure John's dish was aspiring in that direction, so it does look like it could use more/enough mayo to at least give a bit of coating and "glue" (sorry to use that term) to better hold everything together....

About the overall soggy burrito and chicken tendon bits, I think it points to something I have mentioned here before... The ideas for the dishes and the ingredients, and John's intentions, all seem to be very good and first-class. But it seems to be the actual execution of the dishes -- I mean the details of their preparation and delivery -- that sometimes seem to fall down a bit... As someone once said, the devil is in the details. I know John is trying to address these things, I hope, with better success.

Hi,

It is in your description, however it is/was not in the description on the ChefsXP site - I even checked the mouseover twice just to make sure :D . And you said "not too much" - LOL. Rice is not traditional in a burrito - it might be offered, but there are plenty of burritos without rice and/or beans. And if it was meant to be 300g chicken and chorizo, it wasn't close - I probably should've unwrapped one half to show the actual contents, but chicken and chorizo was 150g at best, with rice around 300g.

I would've been very happy with just the 300g of meats and no rice - perfect :D I'll put it down to first-day problems though.

What I meant was that I didn't want the Jalapenos in the burrito, but on the side instead. In any case I'm not a fan of jalapenos so that's not a problem. As it was I didn't find any jalapenos in the burrito as requested - unless they were blackened, in which case they were delicious but still lacking in quantity.

LOL. I think condensation is unavoidable with hot food so really can't blame anyone for that - and of course I knew it was your first day so that's fair enough. The only reason I would've wanted the foil is to help hold the burrito together!

It was a big piece of tendon - not dissimilar to that found on the end of a piece of chicken leg. I am pretty sure that was not breast tendon - and besides I prefer dark meat anyhow so whatever piece would've worked for me.

Chorizo was very nice, that was one of the things I was looking forward to.

haha... I didn't have any problem with the egg but you're right about presentation. But there was so little mayonnaise - probably in total about a teaspoonful. Since I normally eat potato salad made with mayonnaise, I guess I was expecting a reasonable amount - nothing wrong with the oil/vinegar potato salad, it's very good - but to each his own!

Cole slaw was good but cabbage a bit on the bitter side this time around, looked a bit too green. Still quite good either way.

Obviously you also sold out of ham... LOL... it disappeared from the menu as I watched them update item by item.

edit -> For clarity's sake, as I see there have been posts since I started writing this one, this is the exact mouseover text from the site, which was last loaded at 6:57 pm:

In a thin, soft flour Tortilla baked on a hot cast iron griddle you will find the most delectable combination of smoky charcoal grilled Chicken with our own renowned Chorizo Sausage, Jalapeno Peppers and Avocado Guacamole complimented by imported Cheese. This large Burrito is accompanied by refried Beans and a light Salsa - the Burrito is quite mild, for those who like it hotter, we add a portion of our own Hot-Sauce to your order, which is based on Habanero

and the exact title:

Burritos stuffed with Charcoal BBQ Chicken, Chorizo Sausage, Guacamole, Jalapeno's and Cheese
Edited by onethailand

OneThailand, thanks for posting the photos and comments re your dinner tonight. It was interesting to see and read.

The potato salad looks pretty good, even without the well-sliced eggs, and it's certainly a good portion. There are styles of PS that use very little mayo, almost salad nicoise style... But I'm not sure John's dish was aspiring in that direction, so it does look like it could use more/enough mayo to at least give a bit of coating and "glue" (sorry to use that term) to better hold everything together....

About the overall soggy burrito and chicken tendon bits, I think it points to something I have mentioned here before... The ideas for the dishes and the ingredients, and John's intentions, all seem to be very good and first-class. But it seems to be the actual execution of the dishes -- I mean the details of their preparation and delivery -- that sometimes seem to fall down a bit... As someone once said, the devil is in the details. I know John is trying to address these things, I hope, with better success.

Well, that's it JF, the Burrito had become a bit too soft, even onebangkok did not call it soggy AND THE PICTURE SHOWS THAT IT IS NOT SOGGY the prep was fine and if a bit of tendon gets you up in arms than buy mcdonalds there you'll be safe of tendon even though you may find the occasional fingernail. You did not mention the missing rice in my description did you finally get your glasses and find it??

As to the delivery, THIS WAS THE FIRST BLOODY TIME WE DELIVERED A BURRITO WITH CHEFSXP AND I HAVE CHANGED THE DELIVERY PACKAGING ALREADY

John, there is NO mention of rice on the ChefsXP web site... I'm sorry you are getting irate about this. But OneThailand and I are both looking, and we're both telling you.. It's not there...

I really dont care... But.. the text you posted to TV is not the same as what's on the ChefsXP web site. Instead of arguing with us or me about it, please look at the real ChefsXP web site, and fix it..if you want.

John -

With all due respect - the burrito was soggy LOL. The photo shows it as it arrived, before any handling.

I have copied the exact text of the menu item and the description and added it to my last post. No rice was mentioned.

Let there be no question that the burrito was still quite delicious.

Edited by onethailand