Potjaman Shinawatra Found Guilty Of Tax Evasion

sriracha john

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compartmentalizing discussion by the different "case" threads provides continuity and completeness of information regarding the specifics of his each one. As each one is processed and the Courts move onto the next one, ancillary discussion, such as his movements, can easily be incorporated into them.

Within each thread as posts are chronologically entered, if someone is only interested the very latest aspects of it, that's pretty easily done by going to the end of the thread.

Historically on thaivisa, the greatest confusion occurs when multiple threads, and the accompanying discussiion, are running simultaneously on the same topic.

As a member and frequent user, i find the Thai News section far more accessable now as the posting of multi new threads on any particualr subject as it was, totally confusing and unmanagable.

Now there is continuity and should someone wish only to read the latest news then they just need to look at the latest posts and possibly the dates they were submitted for an additional indicator.

It also allows for those who wish, to recap on the threads previous submissions or reference the content / history.

So for those who wish to do so, they can also do like wise without making un neccessary searching on the history in similar / same content threads.

It may also possibly have started to free some much needed space on that particular forum, to be utilised elsewhere by admin and the tech support section, if needs demand it.

IMHO of course.

marshbags :o:D

Edited by marshbags

Lets roll all Thaksin threads into one then , that won't be confusing :o

Or would you prefer your logic only to be correct occasionally?

Cheers

He would prefer Thaksin posts to be omnipresent. Look at his track record. He wants Thaksin the bad guy (which of course he is..) to be front and centre constantly. It helps off-set the posts that point out that Thailand itself is the bad guy..the whole stinking poo-yai system that puked Thaksin out from the highest levels..The Establishment apologists would rather that is not discussed.

Sure Heng..

And the Liquor Tycoon and The Central Tycoon are other humble examples..Frankly, I don't care about the ethnic point - they're chinese so what. They could be Jewish in the West, or Arabic in the middle-east..It's the point that there is this Thai subterfuge about the whole thing. A kind of don't-look-don't-tell silliness about Thailand. (come to think of it, that exists in the West..maybe you have a point.)

Lets roll all Thaksin threads into one then , that won't be confusing :D

Or would you prefer your logic only to be correct occasionally?

Cheers

He would prefer Thaksin posts to be omnipresent. Look at his track record. He wants Thaksin the bad guy (which of course he is..) to be front and centre constantly. It helps off-set the posts that point out that Thailand itself is the bad guy..the whole stinking poo-yai system that puked Thaksin out from the highest levels..The Establishment apologists would rather that is not discussed.

:o

Apparently you've missed the past 8 years worth of news in Thailand as Thaksin IS omnipresent.

It is Thaksin that wishes to be front and center constantly, hence the avalanche of articles published, which reflects his omnipresent status.

But I'm glad things worked out in the end regarding the issue of the thread melding for which I appreciate Jai Dee's efforts earlier today to pull together the new huge thread from multiple posts from multiple threads.

Heng - are you suggesting the present system of keeping the craven feudal families at bay is "USSR-esque"??

No, he is suggesting exactly what he writes, that the society could become post-USSR-esque. Nowhere does he suggest that the country is USSR-esque. Or did I miss something maybe?

Yes I guess you did miss something then. Thailand has been been for many years full of oligarchs - perhaps you see the country in some other way?

Thailand IS RUSSIA POST-USSR - and it has been for many years before, during and after the USSR. Spare me the left-wing bogey-man <deleted>. Do your homework on Thailand's Sakdina system - the country is run buy 1,000++ rich families with tentacles into the military, police, bureaucracy and business mafias - often inter-married in chinese-guanxi style. Look at all the Benz's pulling into the Government Offices every morning and puking out some fat 45,000 baht per month civil servant and ask yourself - tham ally - how did he/she/big hair manage buying that car that is ten times their average salary? Funny how some obvious things go so un-noticed..

Left-wing bogey-man <deleted>? I think you must have missed something here. Unless it´s your intention to argue against yourself.

Sure Heng..

And the Liquor Tycoon and The Central Tycoon are other humble examples..Frankly, I don't care about the ethnic point - they're chinese so what. They could be Jewish in the West, or Arabic in the middle-east..It's the point that there is this Thai subterfuge about the whole thing. A kind of don't-look-don't-tell silliness about Thailand. (come to think of it, that exists in the West..maybe you have a point.)

Uh, yeah, you don't care enough about it to mention the ethnic angle so you mention it in every third post. :o

What "whole thing" are you talking about? There are a lot of less than attractive aspects of Thailand, and some much less attractive than their counterparts in the west. That's not to say many of the same issues don't plague ...or enhance, -depending on one's point of view- the west and/or Thailand though. And despite all of the negatives, life here is still whatever you make of it.

Just goes to show that it's a short fall from potential condo owner (or happily married family guy/investor/business person/tourist, etc... to raving anti-Thailand/Thaksin/national park/Daimler-Chrysler, etc. fanantic. I can most certainly sympathize because I was once just like one of those folks. Only for a few days though (when I was getting my start exporting out of Don Muang... fellow TV exporters know the drill: the whole swarm of middlemen document processers who are more like Patpong bar touts, the whole rubber stamp commission system with the freight forwarders, etc.), but I know what it feels like.

There are all types.

:D

Time for Pokemon to lose even more money...

In the separate case against Pojaman of tax evasion, senior public prosecutor Nanthasak Poonsuk said she and the two others convicted - her brother Bhanapot Damapong and her secretary Kanchanapa Honghern - have 30 days to appeal the recent court ruling for their imprisonment.

"If no appeal is filed during the 30-day period, this case is considered completed, and the next process is seeking the extradition of the fugitive convicts," the prosecutor said. He added that all three appeared to have left the country.

In a related development, Criminal Court secretary Naruch Imsuksri said he would discuss with the judges in the tax-evasion case to determine whether Pojaman's bond imposed for her temporary release should be seized now that she has jumped bail in the Ratchadaphisek graft case.

The Criminal Court earlier sentenced Pojaman to three years in jail for tax evasion in the transfer of her shares to her brother Bhanapot with the help of her secretary Kanchanapa. Bhanapot received three years in jail and Kanchanapa two years.

The three were released on bail of 5 Million Baht each.

Naruch said yesterday that the judges would summon Pojaman and if she failed to show up, her bail money would be seized.

The court might also refuse to grant her temporary release, which would cause her to be kept in detention during the remaining court proceedings.

- The Nation

Thaksin's wife bail bond set for forfeiture: arrest warrant follows

BANGKOK, Aug 13 (TNA) - Pojaman Shinawatra, wife of Thailand's former prime minister Thaksin, might have the sum of five million baht -- her bail bond in a tax evasion lawsuit -- seized and be issued yet another arrest warrant by the Criminal Court in addition to that already handed out by the Supreme Court.

Criminal Court secretary Narat Imsrisuk said Mrs. Pojaman, who this week failed to appear in court in the Ratchadaphisek land lawsuit alongside her husband, might soon have her five million baht bail seized and be faced with an additional arrest warrant after posting bail for herself in an appeal at the end of last month.

The Criminal Court at that time passed the unsuspended verdict to sentence Mrs. Pojaman to a three-year prison term on charges of deliberately evading income tax for her stock in Shinawatra Computer and Communication company.

Arrest warrants were issued separately by the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions for Mrs. Pojaman and Mr. Thaksin with their Bt13 million bail already seized after the couple, believed to be seeking political asylum in England, failed to appear in court Monday.

In addition, Bannaphot Damapong, Mrs. Pojaman's stepbrother, and her assistant, Kanchanapha Honghern, both earlier charged in the same tax evasion lawsuit as the ex-premier's wife, would be given similar treatment, the Criminal Court secretary added

Just so's we all remember these are universal problems. It's just the PR here isn't so polished and we rankle over the oriental way of keeping one's mouth shut and not discussing embarrassing issues.

I attach the following guide to Thailand with thanks to "Roman Polanski, Robert Towne and Jack JJ Gittes Nicholson"

Next week we review: The Untouchables" a guide to police, crime and the cult of celebrity in developing SE Asian nations

Note to mods: I think these subjects are pertinent!

post-33156-1218600305_thumb.jpg

“OK, go home, but in case you’re interested, your husband was murdered. Somebody has been dumping thousands of tons of water from the city’s reservoirs and we’re supposed to be in the middle of a drought. He found out about it and he was killed. There’s a water-logged drunk in the morgue, involuntary manslaughter if anybody wants to take the trouble which they don’t. It seems like half the city is trying to cover it all up which is fine by me. But Mrs. Mulwray, I goddamn near lost my nose. And I like it. I like breathing through it. And I still think you’re hiding something.”

post-33156-1218600355_thumb.jpg

“Of course I’m respectable. I’m old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.”

post-33156-1218600389_thumb.jpg

“Why are you doing it? How much better can you eat? What can you buy that you can’t already afford?"

post-33156-1218600402_thumb.jpg

“Forget it, Jake, it’s Chinatown”

Pojaman faces arrest warrant on tax frauds

The Criminal Court Wednesday decided not to check into the whereabouts of Pojaman Shinawatra because she would face a mandatory warrant of arrest if she failed to report herself within the 30-day deadline to appeal her tax fraud conviction.

Presiding judge Pramote Pipatpramote convened a hearing to decide whether to summon Pojaman in light of the reports that she and her husband and former prime minister Thaksin decided to live in exile in London on Monday. Following the hearing, Pramote ruled that the summons for Pojaman was deemed unneccessary.

After the July 31 guilty verdict for tax fraud, Pojaman was released on a 5 Million Baht bond pending the appellate review. The defence has 30 days to appeal the conviction and the sentencing of three-year jail term. If the appeal is not lodged within the deadline, the warrant of arrest will be automatically issued and the bail bond seized.

Two fellow convicts, her brother Bannapot Damapong and secretary Kanchanapa Honghern, will see their bail revoked if posing as flight risk. Pojaman and Thaksin have already faced with their respective arrest warrants issued by the Supreme Court since Monday after the two failed to report themselves for the Ratchadapisek land case.

The two decided to jump bails and fled to England after the high court permitted them to travel abroad. Thaksin left for Japan and China on July 31 and Pojaman joined him in Beijing on August 5 before leaving together to London on August 10.

Their three children left Bangkok for London on August 9. Kanchanapa and Bannapot are reportedly with Pojaman in London.

- The Nation

Pojaman faces arrest warrant on tax frauds

The Criminal Court Wednesday decided not to check into the whereabouts of Pojaman Shinawatra because she would face a mandatory warrant of arrest if she failed to report herself within the 30-day deadline to appeal her tax fraud conviction.

Presiding judge Pramote Pipatpramote convened a hearing to decide whether to summon Pojaman in light of the reports that she and her husband and former prime minister Thaksin decided to live in exile in London on Monday. Following the hearing, Pramote ruled that the summons for Pojaman was deemed unneccessary.

Of course they don't need to check her whereabouts - they have Thai Police protection officers with them and Mr T has a diplomatic passport. TIT

BT

• 3 months later...

UPDATE.... she's appealing the conviction....

Court accepts Pojaman's appeal against tax-evasion charges

The defence team completed on Friday the filing of an appeal seeking to overturn the guilty verdict for tax evasion involving Pojaman Shinawatra, ex-wife of former prime minister Thaksin.

The appellate writ is 130-page long containing 10 factual and legal issues to dispute the conviction and sentencing against Pojaman and two accomplices, her brother Bhanapot Damapong and her private secretary Kanchanapa Honghern.

The Criminal Court ruled in July to convict the three for a 546 Million Baht tax evasion relating to the share transactions between Pojaman and Bhanapot which was illegally declared as a family gift to avoid paying income tax.

- The Nation / 2008-11-21

Thailand's former first lady appeals tax-evasion sentence

Bangkok - Pojaman Shinawatra, the former wife of Thailand's fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, has appealed a court verdict that found her guilty of tax evasion and carried a sentence of three years in jail, her attorney said Friday. The appeal was accepted by the Criminal Court Thursday and sent to the Appeals Court, lawyer Viraphat Srichaiya said.

The Bangkok Criminal Court found Pojaman guilty July 1 of deliberately avoiding payment of 546 Million Baht (15.9 million dollars) in taxes on the transfer of 4.5 million shares in the family-run Shin Corp to her stepbrother Bannapot Damapong.

Pojaman and Bannapot had claimed the shares were a 'gift' and, therefore, not taxable.

The court sentenced Pojaman and Bannapot to three years in jail.

Although Pojaman's lawyers appealed the verdict, the appeal process was overshadowed by her much-publicized flight from the country. In early August, Pojaman and her then-husband, Thaksin, received court permission to travel to Beijing to attend the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. On August 10, they flew to London to live in self-imposed exile.

Thai authorities issued warrants for the arrests of both Thaksin and Pojaman for jumping bail and failing to return to Thailand to face further charges of abuse of power in a land case.

On October 21, the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders found Thaksin guilty of abusing his office as premier in 2003 by allowing Pojaman to successfully bid on a plot of prime land at a government auction.

The court sentenced Thaksin in absentia to two years in jail, but pardoned Pojaman on the grounds that she had not held political office at the time of the bid.

On November 14, Thaksin divorced Pojaman, registering the legal separation at the Thai consulate in Hong Kong. Close associates said the divorce was for 'legal reasons.'

Shortly thereafter, Thaksin announced plans to return to Thai politics.

His political allies have hinted that either he or Pojaman might return to Thailand on December 25 on a flight from Hong Kong.

The former first couple have been without a country since Britain revoked their tourist visas in early November.

- DPA / 2008-11-21

UPDATE.... she's appealing the conviction....

Court accepts Pojaman's appeal against tax-evasion charges

The defence team completed on Friday the filing of an appeal seeking to overturn the guilty verdict for tax evasion involving Pojaman Shinawatra, ex-wife of former prime minister Thaksin.

The appellate writ is 130-page long containing 10 factual and legal issues to dispute the conviction and sentencing against Pojaman and two accomplices, her brother Bhanapot Damapong and her private secretary Kanchanapa Honghern.

The Criminal Court ruled in July to convict the three for a 546 Million Baht tax evasion relating to the share transactions between Pojaman and Bhanapot which was illegally declared as a family gift to avoid paying income tax.

- The Nation / 2008-11-21

Duplicated in the divorce thread.........apologies for any confusion John.

The above was followed up by...........

Appeal Court accepts Pojaman's appeal against tax evasion charges

By Kesinee Taengkio

The Nation

Khunying Pojaman Shinawatra's defence team complete Friday the filing of an appeal seeking to overturn the guilty verdict for tax evasion against her.

The appellate writ is 130-page long containing 10 factual and legal issues to dispute the conviction and sentencing against Pojaman; wife of convicted ex-PM Thaksin; and two accomplices, her brother Bhanapot Damapong and her private secretary Kanchanapa Honghern.

The Criminal Court ruled in July to convict the three for Bt546 million tax evasion relating to the share transaction between Pojaman and Bhanapot which was illegally declared as a family gift to avoid paying income tax.

Pojaman and Bhanapot have been sentenced each to serve a combined jail term of three years, two for tax evasion and one for making falsified statement to violate the excise code.

Kanchanapa has received a jail term of two years for being an accessory to evade tax.

The three have been released on bail pending the appellate review.

The appellate writ was lodged at the lower court within the November 18 deadline and formally acknowledged by the Court of Appeals Friday paving way for the commencing of the appellate review.

Unquote

Apologies again John, but hopefully not wasted as it could be relative to both threads.

marshbags :o

mai pen rai, marshbags...

I bumped this one up because I just thought it's usually best to try a follow a specific topic-related thread on a case from beginning to end as it allows for the most information on the topic and easier retrieval of facts/dates/posts/etc.

Thanks for the expanded Nation article. :o

mai pen rai, marshbags...

I bumped this one up because I just thought it's usually best to try a follow a specific topic-related thread on a case from beginning to end as it allows for the most information on the topic and easier retrieval of facts/dates/posts/etc.

Thanks for the expanded Nation article. :o

She can try an appeal,

but that ginned up document she signed, indicating she signed as a Kunying,

but the DATE on it showing... she had NOT YET been awarded Kunying status

is pretty damning.

Hello Missy, that's fraud, forgery, perjury, AND the reasons to do the doc;

guilty of crime it was intended to cover up, and didn't.

Maybe they can pick a nit or two,

but the basis of conviction on most counts was quite sound.

One thing of course they will say it was

'because they were out to get her EX husband...'

yada yada yada.

But she would like to think it was JUST her EX they were after...

Sorry honey you stepped on toes too, in spike heels no less.

Edited by animatic

1b1.gif

Thaksin's ex-wife asks court to overrule jail sentence

BANGKOK, Nov 21 (TNA) - A Thai court accepted an appeal lodged by a lawyer representing Pojaman Shinawatra, ex-wife of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, in a tax evasion case.

Pojaman’s lawyer Weerapat Srichaiya said he filed the appeal against the Criminal Court verdict of July 31 which ruled Pojaman, her step-brother Bannapot Damapong, and Pojaman’s secretary Kanjanapa Honghern, were guilty of tax evasion.

Pojaman and Bannapot were both sentenced to 3 year’s imprisonment and Kanjanapa 2 years.

The Lower Court on Friday accepted the appeal and would later forward the case to the Court of Appeals for deliberation.

Pojaman’s lawyer said it was not clear how long the judicial process would take to compile documents, arguments, and counter-arguments from both the defendants and the plaintiff.

Pojaman, Bannapot, and her secretary Kanjanapa were convicted of colluding to evade 543 Million Baht in taxes in 1997, through a complicated transfer of 4.5 million Shinawatra Computer and Communications shares. All three had pleaded innocent in the case.

Thaksin and his wife, Pojaman, who married in 1976, divorced at the Thai consul general's office in Hong Kong on Nov 14, according to his spokesman Pongthep Thepkanjana.

The fugitive ex-premier was sentenced in absentia by a Thai court in October to two years in prison for violating a conflict of interest law while he was prime minister.

76f99254.jpg

Pokemon's still-not-fulfilled arrest warrant

Pojaman appeals tax-evasion verdict

A defence team yesterday completed the filing of an appeal seeking to overturn the guilty verdict for tax evasion involving Pojaman Shinawatra, ex-wife of former prime minister Thaksin.

The appellate writ is 130-pages long, containing 10 factual and legal issues disputing the conviction and sentencing of Pojaman and two accomplices, her brother Bhanapot Damapong, and her private secretary, Kanchanapa Honghern.

The Criminal Court in July convicted the three for 546 Million Baht in tax evasion, relating to a share transaction between Pojaman and Bhanapot which was illegally declared as a family gift to avoid paying income tax.

Pojaman and Bhanapot have each been sentenced to serve a combined jail term of three years, two for tax evasion and one for making false statements to violate the excise code. Kanchanapa has received a jail term of two years for being an accessory to evade tax. The three have been released on bail pending appeal.

The appellate writ was lodged at the lower court within the November 18 deadline and formally acknowledged by the Court of Appeals yesterday, paving the way for the commencement of the appellate review.

- The Nation / 2008-11-22

'Thaksin, ex-wife to return'

Sources say ex-PM could serve some jail time before being granted amnesty

Bangkok - Pojaman Shinawatra, former wife of ousted Thai premier Thaksin Shinawatra, may return to Thailand very soon - and Thaksin may follow.

The first hint of such a formula being worked out behind the scenes, to at least temporarily defuse Thailand's dangerously volatile political crisis, has emerged in recent days.

Referring to a phone-in planned by Thaksin from overseas to address his supporters at a rally in Bangkok on Dec 13, People Power Party (PPP) MP Pracha Prasopdee told the daily The Nation: 'Just carefully monitor Thaksin's phone-in...and see what will happen on Dec 25 when someone is supposed to arrive by a Thai (Airways) flight from Hong Kong to Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport at 9.45am.'

Separately, a well-placed source told The Sunday Times that Pojaman may return as early as this week, appear before a court where she has pending charges against her, and be granted bail.

Thailand's criminal court on Friday accepted a 130-page appeal against a separate previous conviction of tax evasion against her.

Thaksin could follow about a month later - sometime around Christmas - and submit himself to arrest and a jail term, under the two-year sentence handed down to him in absentia a month ago over a conflict of interest charge.

But it is believed a general amnesty will be announced by the government under a royal decree after he is jailed, under which prisoners nationwide will have their sentences lifted or halved. This sort of amnesty is not an uncommon tradition in Thailand.

Under such a scenario, in effect, Thaksin would have to serve only a few months in jail.

His jail term would mean that he complies with Thai law, drawing some of the sting from the criticism of the anti-Thaksin People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) which has been demanding his extradition to face Thai justice, among other things.

Pracha appeared to allude to this formula when he reportedly told The Nation he saw no reason why Thaksin would not be willing to serve time in jail.

He went further, telling the newspaper that all sides should support an amnesty for rival political camps, allowing the country to make a fresh start.

Separately, Thaksin loyalists are collecting signatures for a petition to the King to grant amnesty to the ousted premier.

If Thaksin serves time in jail, he would have submitted to the judicial process, the source close to the PPP said, rebutting accusations that the amnesty plan would undermine the rule of law.

Another source close to the PPP's inner circles confirmed to The Sunday Times that 'something' was being engineered for the return of the Thaksin couple but cautioned it was as yet a 'trial balloon'.

While the formula is unlikely to resolve the country's deep divisions, with tensions nearing boiling point, public opinion polls show that most Thais want a peaceful resolution to the crisis which has pitted Bangkok's old-money, traditional royalist elites against Thaksin and his network.

The army is reluctant to intervene because, while seizing power would be easy, managing the aftermath would not.

Even with a pardon, Thaksin would not be able to take part in any election for a while because under a 2006 court judgment, he and 110 of his erstwhile colleagues from his former Thai Rak Thai party were held accountable for electoral fraud and banned from politics for five years.

But that does not mean he would not be able to act through nominal party leaders.

His cousin Chaisit Shinawatra, a former army commander-in-chief, was reported at the weekend to be ready to head Puea Thai, a new party that is to be the vehicle for Thaksin loyalists in the event that the PPP is banned for election fraud.

- The Straits Times / 2008-11-23

Maybe I missed something, but hasn't the time allowed for the appeal expired? :D

On what grounds (apart from financial ones :o ) has the late appeal been accepted?

Does this mean if Kanman Po decides it is time to visit the family 'cos he is lonely he can lodge an appeal? Or Watshisface who is ensconced in his casinos?

Maybe I missed something, but hasn't the time allowed for the appeal expired? :D

On what grounds (apart from financial ones :o ) has the late appeal been accepted?

Does this mean if Kanman Po decides it is time to visit the family 'cos he is lonely he can lodge an appeal? Or Watshisface who is ensconced in his casinos?

Thaksin's time of appeal has expired, apparently her case had not.

Different case, different courts, and obviously different appeals rules.

I have no problem with her appealing, I don't see any grounds on the other hand

but it is proper procedure so let it roll.

• 6 months later...

poj.jpg

Quietly, the khunying remains in charge

The ongoing changes within the Puea Thai Party are not simply to prepare it for the expectantly fierce battle against the Democrats when a general election is called, a party insider told me recently. It is part of consolidating Thaksin Shinawatra's power position, even though the former prime minister and fugitive from justice remains abroad in self-imposed exile.

The source confirmed that a number of party members will be travelling shortly to meet Thaksin and receive instructions regarding the new power arrangement. On the surface, this development seems unexciting. Thaksin has overtly manipulated Thai politics since he was overthrown in the 2006 coup. He endorsed two prime ministers, Samak Sundaravej and Somchai Wongsawat. He also gave his blessings to the founding of the People Power Party (PPP) - a re-incarnation of his defunct Thai Rak Thai; PPP, too, has since been disbanded due to election fraud, leading to the creation of Puea Thai. Thaksin's selection of a new Puea Thai Party Leader is, therefore, anticipated by party members.

What has been hidden somewhat from the public glare, however, is the role of Thaksin's former wife, Khunying Potjaman Damapong, in the latest Puea Thai Party reshuffle. The party insider said she holds the key to understanding the party's reorganisation and re-prioritisation of political strategy, and that she is likely to have dispensed advice with regard to Thaksin's selection of his next political heir. Potjaman has been known for her enormous influence on Thaksin's decision-making. Never forget that she is credited with being the force behind the success of TRT. Potjaman even had her own office and staff at the TRT headquarters in Shinawatra Building.

Continued:

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-05-30

What has been hidden somewhat from the public glare, however, is the role of Thaksin's former wife, Khunying Potjaman Damapong, in the latest Puea Thai Party reshuffle. The party insider said she holds the key to understanding the party's reorganisation and re-prioritisation of political strategy, and that she is likely to have dispensed advice with regard to Thaksin's selection of his next political heir. Potjaman has been known for her enormous influence on Thaksin's decision-making. Never forget that she is credited with being the force behind the success of TRT. Potjaman even had her own office and staff at the TRT headquarters in Shinawatra Building.

"holds the key", or merely holds the cheque-book, one wonders ? :)

Perhaps she should apply to become the next leader of the PTP ? :D