Tot Vs. Tt&t Adsl Rates

Beacher

I see TT&T is now advertising their 2 Mbit connection at 590 baht a month. I've heard that for 1000 baht they offer a 4Mbit connection.

This type of thing happened before when both ISP's offered 1 Mbit for 1000 a month. Then TT&T doubled their speed and TOT quickly followed. This time I haven't heard anything about TOT matching TT&T's price/speed. Has anybody else heard if TOT plans to improve their deal to match TT&T's?

We had to call an engineer out a couple of weeks ago and he told us that if we went in to the office and asked, we'd get bumped up to goldcyber package (2mb down, 0.5mb up) at 590 baht. Which is exactly what happened. We had to sign up for a new 12 month contract, but the service here has been fine on TOT so far so I was okay with that.

We had to call an engineer out a couple of weeks ago and he told us that if we went in to the office and asked, we'd get bumped up to goldcyber package (2mb down, 0.5mb up) at 590 baht. Which is exactly what happened. We had to sign up for a new 12 month contract, but the service here has been fine on TOT so far so I was okay with that.

Thanks for the info, markwhite.

I already have the Cybergold package and have been paying 1000 bath/month for ages. I'm going to the office to pay my bill next week, so it will be interesting to see what they do. I figure that they should either reduce my bill to 590 a month or up my speed to 4mb down / ?mb up, but what will really happens is probably another story.

I'm surprised that so few people have shown interest in this topic -- i.e. interested in saving 410 bath/month on their ADSL bill. I guess the vast majority of members here are quite rich and don't worry about prices. Maybe that's why there has been such high inflation in Thailand.

Also, I have to laugh that people must go to the office and request that their bill or service is changed to reflect their new pricing structure, rather than TOT taking an honest business approach by automatically changing all accounts. For a culture where saving face is soooo important, TOT should be absolutely ashamed of their business methods.

I heard about it last week and when I went to the TOT office in Pattaya was able to upgrade to 1mb for 490 Baht (from a 512k @ 700 Baht). Their 1.5mb was 700 Baht and the 2mb 1,000 Baht.

So that means they ripped you for at least 6 months as those prices are the standard for more then 6 months already.Say it again,thank you very much TOT for ripping me off.

I signed up for TOT ADSL in Pattaya 3 years ago when they were offering 1MB/512K for 1,000 baht. Sometime since, I think it was last year, they offered a free upgrade to 2MB/512 for the same 1,000 baht. I didn't have to do anything; it was automatically upgraded. Yeah, I guess I could have opted to keep the 1MB/512K at a reduced price, but I preferred to accept the supposedly increased bandwidth.

TT&T does offer 2MB/512K for 590 baht per month, but it is for their Indy package which means that you share a server with 20 subscribers and is touted as aimed primarily at local users and is deemed as not very good for international users. The 2MB/1MB Premier package costs 1,090 baht per month and is touted as better for international users as you share a server with 10 subscribers. I am considering changing over to TT&T primarily because I had not been able to view YouTube videos for more than 7 months, but YouTube has recently been unblocked by TOT. Also, I was told by TT&T that there were no lines available off Soi Khaw Noi and to check back with them in a couple of months. Yes, you can pay for cheaper service, but you get what you pay for, primarily slow international connections.

PattayaDavid

I called TOT just now and they said the 2MB package for 500 baht is for upcountry and it is not coming to Bangkok right now. She said that there was not a 4MB package available unless you are a business. Bugger!!

Upcountry: Yep, just upgraded TOT ADSL from 1MB to 2MB today, for the same price I was paying at 590B. But, like others have said--not automatic--you gotta visit the office and beg for it. Also, no 12-month contract required.