Is Pp Travel The Best Travel Agent In Chiangmai?

uptheos

I go to UK twice during a year and also make several journeys throughout Asia.

I have been using Kh. Praneet at PP Travel for many years now and although I always call around first, I have found that she consistently beats every other travel agent on flight prices.

Not only have they consistently beaten everyone else, but I have also found their service to be top quality - stress free.

I'd be interested to know if others feel the same?

Edited by uptheos

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i second them. trustworthy, conscientious, helpful, etc. and prices are always right. tried shopping around a few years ago to see if anyone could beat their prices and the experience was so shabby in comparison with cnx p&p (hard sell, lies, ass-kissing upon entry, scowling upon exit) that i'll never stray. in fact, many businesses in chiang mai could really learn from them. they should hold seminars.

I found out that Mau Tour service at Charoenrathet road , gave me very reasonable

prices as well , beat the one mentioned with a few thousand baht .......

Also gave me a fair discount on the already cheaper prises given , so MTS for me .

Edited by tijnebijn

Please watch out for MTS Mau travel. Numerous people in Chaingmai have had all of their money stolen from them (even as recently as August 2008) . I used them from 2000-2003 until they shafted us a lot of money. Hundreds of people have similar stories. If they start sharing, this forum will become a big bashing venue. Not sure whey the police haven't shut them down.

P&P travel. Absolutely wonderful I've used them continuously from 2003-2008. They are cheap, fast, friendly, efficient. They have often gone out of their way to help me get the cheapest price. A few times they called me after giving me a ticket and said that the airline reduced the cost of my ticket. I went down and picked up my reimbursement-discount.

Please watch out for MTS Mau travel. Numerous people in Chaingmai have had all of their money stolen from them (even as recently as August 2008) . I used them from 2000-2003 until they shafted us a lot of money. Hundreds of people have similar stories. If they start sharing, this forum will become a big bashing venue. Not sure whey the police haven't shut them down.

P&P travel. Absolutely wonderful I've used them continuously from 2003-2008. They are cheap, fast, friendly, efficient. They have often gone out of their way to help me get the cheapest price. A few times they called me after giving me a ticket and said that the airline reduced the cost of my ticket. I went down and picked up my reimbursement-discount.

I've used them a few times and been quite happy. I must say that I'm impressed with your last statement.

Thanks so much for this recommendation!

For a few years I shopped around Chiang Mai and found nothing that compared with Taurus Travel on Phuket for prices, routing, service and they let me just deposit the payment into their bank at a CM branch. They also took care of my bringing both my daughter and brother (different times) over from the US with the same brilliant connections and price.

I always like to give locals my business so will certainly check with P&P for my next journey (in a month).

Question - for local flights like to Phuket, are agents the way to go or simply go to the airport and shop around?

Thanks so much for this recommendation!

For a few years I shopped around Chiang Mai and found nothing that compared with Taurus Travel on Phuket for prices, routing, service and they let me just deposit the payment into their bank at a CM branch. They also took care of my bringing both my daughter and brother (different times) over from the US with the same brilliant connections and price.

I always like to give locals my business so will certainly check with P&P for my next journey (in a month).

Question - for local flights like to Phuket, are agents the way to go or simply go to the airport and shop around?

Hi Dustoff

Usually for local in Thailand flights I just book online, but PP certainly better my online prices for places like Yangon, Hanoi, Delhi etc. If you give Kh. Praneet a call or email her with your needs, she will fire back an email ASAP showing your itinerary and whether its confirmed or waitlisted. Confirmations do not have to be acknowledged immediately she will give you a 'collect the ticket by' date too. :o

Edited by uptheos

They also took care of my bringing both my daughter and brother (different times) over from the US with the same brilliant connections and price.

This suggests the answer to my question above is yes ?

Dustoff, if you compare prices & service of the Phuket agency and Pp Travel, please report here.

To extend my question, could I book for visitors to Chiang Mai using the Phuket agency (if no travel to Phuket involved)?

I found out that Mau Tour service at Charoenrathet road , gave me very reasonable

Also gave me a fair discount on the already cheaper prises given , so MTS for me .

This travel agent (MTS) has caused numerous people in Chiangmai grief and if you have survived unscathed then consider yourself very lucky. Of course they will beat any price going by a few thousand baht, that's because often they fail to pay the airlines!

Edited by uptheos

They also took care of my bringing both my daughter and brother (different times) over from the US with the same brilliant connections and price.

This suggests the answer to my question above is yes ?

Dustoff, if you compare prices & service of the Phuket agency and Pp Travel, please report here.

To extend my question, could I book for visitors to Chiang Mai using the Phuket agency (if no travel to Phuket involved)?

I will be happy to report but it will likely not be until sometime in the spring.

And any agent should be able to book any airline/routing no matter what departure and arrival points. Taurus doesn't care if you fly out of/into Phuket and I would assume that P&P can also book whatever is available, not just using Chiang Mai.

And thanks Uptheos, I usually book local flights online but various carrier's websites can be a bit sketchy here in LOS..

Could someone post the contact details/address for P&P Travel. I used to use the Sikh/Pakistani guy (and was quite pleased) about 50 meters down from Art Cafe on Thapae Rd, and was very happy, but he seems to have changed addresses. Thanks.

Post #8 by Wondering on this thread could tell you what you want to know.

Could someone post the contact details/address for P&P Travel. I used to use the Sikh/Pakistani guy (and was quite pleased) about 50 meters down from Art Cafe on Thapae Rd, and was very happy, but he seems to have changed addresses. Thanks.

How could I have missed it? Thanks Neinke for the more specific answer. Might be the same place I've been going all along.

I will be happy to report but it will likely not be until sometime in the spring.

And any agent should be able to book any airline/routing no matter what departure and arrival points. Taurus doesn't care if you fly out of/into Phuket and I would assume that P&P can also book whatever is available, not just using Chiang Mai.

Thanks, Dustoff.

Which spring ? I am Antipodean.

Somewhere in the back of my Antediluvian mind is the idea that it was once illegal to post air tickets to people in other countries, bizarre as that may seem.

Globalization ... so many disparities.

How could I have missed it? Thanks Neinke for the more specific answer. Might be the same place I've been going all along.

It probably is, Kh. Praneet and her husband are Indian ancestry (I think). :o

Which spring ? I am Antipodean.

Isn't that a fear of public speaking? :o I was talking Mar/Apr or so.

Somewhere in the back of my Antediluvian mind is the idea that it was once illegal to post air tickets to people in other countries, bizarre as that may seem.

Seems I recall something like that back in the days of paper tickets. Now of course, the confirmation shows up via email and the E-ticket is available at check-in. Then, if you are out of country, the only question is how to pay the agent.

I have always used Khun Jan at world express on chang klan road, always great service and she spends a bit of time to get you the best deal, i always give her plenty of time to look around and she has never failed me yet, i have booked 4 journeys back to the UK with her, 3 to Spain and numerous to the Philippines. She lets you provisionally book the flight without payment also which is great when im going through the visa process for my thai GF.

This travel agent (MTS) has caused numerous people in Chiangmai grief and if you have survived unscathed then consider yourself very lucky. Of course they will beat any price going by a few thousand baht, that's because often they fail to pay the airlines!

Ah wow that changes a lot is it , did not know that .

But now I remember that my returnticket to Cm after a long flight from Holland , which I

could not use , cause it was not registered or something and had to buy a new ticket .

But the travel agent gave me back the money . I thought it was an unconvenient mistake , it isn't I understand now .

......I will not go there any longer from now on , thanks for the feedback guys .

But now I remember that my returnticket to Cm after a long flight from Holland , which I

could not use , cause it was not registered or something and had to buy a new ticket .

But the travel agent gave me back the money . I thought it was an unconvenient mistake , it isn't I understand now .

......I will not go there any longer from now on , thanks for the feedback guys .

Wow, you must be blessed - can I touch the hem of your garment before picking my lottery numbers? :o

I have always used Khun Jan at world express on chang klan road, always great service and she spends a bit of time to get you the best deal, i always give her plenty of time to look around and she has never failed me yet, i have booked 4 journeys back to the UK with her, 3 to Spain and numerous to the Philippines. She lets you provisionally book the flight without payment also which is great when im going through the visa process for my thai GF.

Whereabouts on Changklan Road? :o

I used Travex on Saha Sri Phum Place, Maninoparat Road (near Fitness Thailand) for my ticket to Los Angeles last month. I went to 4 different travel agencies and Travex came up with the best price on China Airlines. They also provided fantastic customer service. I will need to travel to L.A. again in the next few months and am curious if anyone has compared their prices to other agencies in town. I'm always looking to save more money! I suspect there is little mark-up on the China Airlines Chiang Mai-Taipei-Los Angeles route, but I may be wrong.

From the response to the OP - it seems that the majority of posters agree that PP Travel is probably the best in town. I notice that there have been one or two good experiences with other travel agents and one fortunate experience with an 'iffy' travel agent.

IMHO, I think no matter where you buy your tickets, if you have a good experience and feel you are getting the best deal for your money, then stick with it.

Until they prove me wrong, I'll maintain my original stance that PP Travel is the best. :o

PS. I always deal directly with Kh. Praneet the owner, but all staff are very good.

I used Travex on Saha Sri Phum Place, Maninoparat Road (near Fitness Thailand) for my ticket to Los Angeles last month. I went to 4 different travel agencies and Travex came up with the best price on China Airlines. They also provided fantastic customer service. I will need to travel to L.A. again in the next few months and am curious if anyone has compared their prices to other agencies in town. I'm always looking to save more money! I suspect there is little mark-up on the China Airlines Chiang Mai-Taipei-Los Angeles route, but I may be wrong.

Did you check the price with P&P Travel or was it not included in your 4 ?

Did you check the price with P&P Travel or was it not included in your 4 ?

Bill97, no I did not check the price with P&P because when I shopped for tickets in June I was not aware of them. I will contact them now that they have been so favorably recommended.

Wow, you must be blessed - can I touch the hem of your garment before picking my lottery numbers? :o

Latest news about Mau tours.. I have heared they (finaly) arrested the owner. how ever the shop is still open.. that suprises me!1

I really think the police is getting a piece of the cake.. since they are doing their funny bussines for months now already!!