Thaksin and Wife Fail to Board Return Flight

marshbags

but he helped a lot of poor Thais also

And also murdered alot of poor Thais. Oh well ...

were there not drug dealers ? hope i am not out of line here mods.

SORRY I THINK YOU WERE OUT OF LINE BUT ONLY MAYBE BECAUSE YOU DID'T KNOW HOW IT ALL STARTED.TOXIN GAVE THE ORDER TO THE POLICE TO WEED OUT THE DRUG DEALERS...HE GAVE THEM 5% OF THE PROCEEDS OF THE DRUGS THEY MANAGED TO GET...ONLY ALL OR MOST OF THE DRUG DEALERS (IF THEY WERE DEALERS/MANY JUST USERS I BELIEVE) WERE KILLED SO CALLED AS THE PLOICE WERE ABOUT TO ARREST THEM BY OTHER DRUG DEALERS/MAFIA.FUNNY NONE OF THESE OTHER DELEARS MAFIA WERE CAUGHT. TOXIN'S COMMENT AT THE TIME WAS " I DON'T CARE HOW MANY WERE KILLED" THE OFFICAIL ESTIMATE WAS JUST OVER A THOUSAND PEOPLE DIED EXJUDICIALLY!! THE UNOFFICIAL NUMBER WAS OVER 10,000...HOW MANY WERE KILLED IN THE SOUTH ETC?...ITS COMPLECATED AS EVERYONE KNOWS BUT A TRIAL OF SOMESORT IS A FAIRER WAY OR REHAB......SORRY BUT NOTHING PERSONAL ,,HOPE I'AM NOT OUT OF LINE MODS... :o

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but he helped a lot of poor Thais also

And also murdered alot of poor Thais. Oh well ...

were there not drug dealers ? hope i am not out of line here mods.

Well here is a little background for you.

Yes, some actual drug dealers killed on a shoot to kill with no trial basis, plus of course many (mostly?) innocent bystanders. The Thais didn't seem to be much bothered by all this, but we as westerners are supposed to have different values, yes, so why is the UK accepting him?

http://www.geocities.com/suan_nok/khaothai...drugs-0303.html

Why do any westerners admire the sleazeball, now proven COWARD, Thaksin?

Interesting article Jingthing thanks for posting. A 9year old boy and a 75 year old women killed. Unbelievable!!

Cheers, Rick

Yep and now I am very saddened to say I am for the first time ashamed to be British if they do allow a now definite criminal (yes it is a criminal offence in the extreme to jump bail) to stay safely in exile in the UK. IT IS DISGUSTING IN THE EXTREME. I WILL, AND I HOPE OTHER BRITS HERE WILL, WRITE TO THE BRITISH EMBASSY STRONGLY OBJECTING TO BRITAINS INTERNTAIONAL CRIMINAL ACT IN HARBOURING TAKSIN AND HIS WIFE. You could perhaps understand him getting away with if he went to say Burma in exile where they have a tin pot dictatorship governement, but in Britian the so called home of democracy and justice ?????????

If there was any slightest doubt of his guilt, now surely there is none as only a guilty man would jump bail especially seeing the Government here are also his friends and obviously can't help him wiggle out of it. Yes he is innocent until proven and charged as guilty but he MUST stand trial for what he is accused of and for jumping bail. Strange how money talks even in the UK as an ordinary and honest Thai person wanting to spend some time with their friends/partners in the UK finds it so hard yet that bastard robber and bail jumper Taksin just casually wanders in. So come on all you guys lets ask some serious and embarrassing questions of the British Government over this.

Britain MUST arrest this man and his wife and deport them back to where they are wanted for criminal offences including robbing the ordinary honest decent Thai folk over many years. This is normal practice and in full honour and support of International Criminal Justice which we Brits are all too keen to pronounce when it suits us it seems. Once again this is DISGUSTING of Britain if it turns out to be really true as it seems, and I thought my home country was honourable .. lets see now if they really are and do the honourable and right thing !!!

Edited by rayw

Anyone thinking he may be forced to leave the UK and return to face justice in Thailand might find an article in today's UK Daily Telegraph interesting :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2535690/Ra...cted-by-UK.html

Thaksin 'on the run'.........hardly, he's safe from jurisdiction as long as he stays where he is.

As a Brit I'd love to see justice served but............

does the uk have an extradition treaty with thailand ?

mrs. t is in fact a convicted criminal on the run and the uk , (who of late have been very enthusiastic in sending british white collar suspects ( not yet tried and convicted ) back to to the states when the they asked for them) , and allowing her to remain in the uk would certainly raise some comments from the uk press.

it would be interesting to see whether the uk courts would send her back if thailand asked for her return..... although i suspect that this whole farce was a done deal with the thais before they even left for china last week.

I think Thakin will be allowed to sort out his financial position ie Man City etc before the UK Government make a decision of whether to accept the warrant for arrest issued from the Thai Courts. I also think he's already got a Visa or how else did he buy Man City and stay in the UK for a long period last time and buy property in London.

Yep and now I am very saddened to say I am for the first time ashamed to be British if they do allow a now definite criminal (yes it is a criminal offence in the extreme to jump bail) to stay safely in exile in the UK. IT IS DISGUSTING IN THE EXTREME. I WILL, AND I HOPE OTHER BRITS HERE WILL, WRITE TO THE BRITISH EMBASSY STRONGLY OBJECTING TO BRITAINS INTERNTAIONAL CRIMINAL ACT IN HARBOURING TAKSIN AND HIS WIFE. You could perhaps understand him getting away with if he went to say Burma in exile where they have a tin pot dictatorship governement, but in Britian the so called home of democracy and justice ?????????

If there was any slightest doubt of his guilt, now surely there is none as only a guilty man would jump bail especially seeing the Government here are also his friends and obviously can't help him wiggle out of it. Yes he is innocent until proven and charged as guilty but he MUST stand trial for what he is accused of and for jumping bail. Strange how money talks even in the UK as an ordinary and honest Thai person wanting to spend some time with their friends/partners in the UK finds it so hard yet that bastard robber and bail jumper Taksin just casually wanders in. So come on all you guys lets ask some serious and embarrassing questions of the British Government over this.

Britain MUST arrest this man and his wife and deport them back to where they are wanted for criminal offences including robbing the ordinary honest decent Thai folk over many years. This is normal practice and in full honour and support of International Criminal Justice which we Brits are all too keen to pronounce when it suits us it seems. Once again this is DISGUSTING of Britain if it turns out to be really true as it seems, and I thought my home country was honourable .. lets see now if they really are and do the honourable and right thing !!!

EXCELLENT POST I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!! I'AM BRITISH TOO THANKYOU FOR YOUR POST..LETS HOPE WE CAN ALL CONTACT OUR EMBASSY EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT BRITISH..EMBARRASSING QUESTIONS WILL NOT GO AWAY AS EASY AS HE GOT ON THAT PLANE..

mrs. t is in fact a convicted criminal on the run and the uk , (who of late have been very enthusiastic in sending british white collar suspects ( not yet tried and convicted ) back to to the states when the they asked for them) , and allowing her to remain in the uk would certainly raise some comments from the uk press.

it would be interesting to see whether the uk courts would send her back if thailand asked for her return..... although i suspect that this whole farce was a done deal with the thais before they even left for china last week.

I think Thakin will be allowed to sort out his financial position ie Man City etc before the UK Government make a decision of whether to accept the warrant for arrest issued from the Thai Courts. I also think he's already got a Visa or how else did he buy Man City and stay in the UK for a long period last time and buy property in London.

He had Diplomatic Immunity (i suppose)

EXCELLENT POST I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!! I'AM BRITISH TOO THANKYOU FOR YOUR POST..LETS HOPE WE CAN ALL CONTACT OUR EMBASSY EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT BRITISH..EMBARRASSING QUESTIONS WILL NOT GO AWAY AS EASY AS HE GOT ON THAT PLANE..

It's not the U.K. Embassy you should be contacting but the British Home Office. Their site is :-

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/

I think their motto is "working together to protect the public." :o

Please turn off the "Caps Lock" so that your posts can be read. :o

Actually a diplomatic passport does not provide immunity.

Actually a diplomatic passport does not provide immunity.

Sorry, Thought it did.i stand corrected.

Yep and now I am very saddened to say I am for the first time ashamed to be British if they do allow a now definite criminal (yes it is a criminal offence in the extreme to jump bail) to stay safely in exile in the UK. IT IS DISGUSTING IN THE EXTREME. I WILL, AND I HOPE OTHER BRITS HERE WILL, WRITE TO THE BRITISH EMBASSY STRONGLY OBJECTING TO BRITAINS INTERNTAIONAL CRIMINAL ACT IN HARBOURING TAKSIN AND HIS WIFE.

I won't be and I couldn't give a smeg to be honest. Let him in, they let in thousands of other undesirables everyday, and besides, I live here so why should I care. If I were living and paying taxes there, it would possibly be different. I can see where you're coming from if you live in the UK, but if, as I suspect, you live in Muang Thai, then where's your angle? Chill and have a beer :o

Chuan Leelpai was prophetic when he warned Thaksin a few years ago that he would have nowhere to live in Thailand.

The coward flees, the rule of karma proving that your sins have to be paid for.

I hope the British throw him out, but not before he hears a few sarcastic chants from Man City fans.

His only hope is to wait out a changing of the old guard, but those changes may not be advantageous to him after all.

Let the cases run, evidence clearly exposed to the Thai public as in the tax avoidance ploy of Potjaman and hopefully we can all move on from this saga.

I'm sure Samak is quietly chuckling away to himself. I don't like the man but credit where it's due. I would say he's proved himself a tad cannier than his supposed master.

LOL yeh

Bring him back, let him fund the election / back it, win, take some of his money, and then let the courts put him in Jail. Looks like Thaksin has received some of his own back.

I believe its good for the country. With hm in jail, there would be too much turmoil from his supporters / maybe blood shed.

Although maybe no a legal ending, but a good one till things settle down

and no I am not Pro Thaksin Or anti Thaksin as some posters beleive.but innocent until proove guilty this is UK Law.

Well, she has already been proven guilty, he has failed to live up to his promise to appear in court to answer charges. A warrant has been issued for his arrest. What more exactly do you want? :o

the thais should initially concentrate on getting mrs.t back.

she has been found guilty and sentenced , she is a criminal on the run.

the uk can surely have no grounds for denying an extradition request by the thais.

I agree Tax surely the Uk would not want to harbour a convicted criminal.

Cheers, Rick

Well, if the UK were to ever boot him out, I'm sure France would welcome him with open arms. They seem to not mind sheltering former dictators and the like (at least as long as they have money).