Best Pizza In Pattaya?

hendrix

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best Pizza in Pattaya is the New York Pizza House on 3rd road! It is exactly like New York and the pinch of garlic is unforgetable and they use the real cheese. The Pizza company and Pizza Hut are good too but expensive for what you get. NY Pizza House offers thin, medium and thick crust- it is definitely the best and the price for all you cheapsters out there is the best in town. also you need to try their meatball, sausage and parmissian sandwiches !!- they beat the heck out of Subway 100000% and you are filled when you leave. It can't be this good you say ?! trust me give it a try and you'll be telling all your friends and they will thank you. I am so happy a guy told me about this Pizza joint and I'm in there 2-3 times a week to get my fix ! enjoy

New York Pizza on 3rd Road near Boxing Roo and opposite Soi Lenkee is the best pizza I have had in Thailand never mind Pattaya. Imported pepperoni and loads of real mozzarella, 3 thickness of crusts, my favorite is the thin crust double pepperoni...

The subs are great also the meatball with mozzarella is so tasty and filling .They deliver in Pattaya 0807873330 (30 baht) beats taking the car out. Nice young couple run the place, the guy was trained in New York State at his brother in laws Pizzaria there....reasonable pricing also.

• Like 1

Cafe Le Mar in Jomthien on the beach road, not far from the Metro Condo, has pretty good pizza. Thin crust, but not ultra thin. Lots of toppings to choose from. Although I like NY style pizza, this is a nice variation. Not too expensive.

Someone should mention LA BOCCA near the Hanuman statue, Jomtien.

Pizza and calzone with high quality ingredients baked in a fire stone oven by a Sicilian chef, and not overly expensive! Honestly I have only tried the calzone so far but it was world class. The pizzas certainly look good. I will try one soon.

Edited by Jingthing

Someone should mention LA BOCCA near the Hanuman statue, Jomtien.

Pizza and calzone with high quality ingredients baked in a fire stone oven by a Sicilian chef, and not overly expensive! Honestly I have only tried the calzone so far but it was world class. The pizzas certainly look good. I will try one soon.

Will try it and let you know what I think. :)

Ok, i'm a brit as you can tell by my username, so obviously i like to moan about everything.

Anyone have trouble getting a pepperoni pizza in Pattaya as I am coming soon? Ok, ok, I know a real italian pizza is just cheese and tomato or whatever you purists always say about a pizza, and I guess pepperoni is expensive in thailand.... but this made me laugh tonight - well, actually it didnt but anyway...

went to place where I know does pepperoni pizzas in samui - but the kitchen is closed - shame... so I decide to drive to the Italian restaurant which has an italian owner, loads of falangs eating in there tonight and even several thai waitresses who speak a bit of Italian.

I walk in and ask... you have pepperoni pizza?

Waitress : yes

me : ok, can I see your take away menu please?

waitress : here you go sir

me : ok (maybe 15 different pizzas... all kinds of stuff which I dont want) can you show me where the peperoni is please?

waitress : points to Salami

me : uhuh, that says Salami, I dont like Salami

Waitress : runs to kitchen.... comes out with a red pepper in her hand to show me!!!!!

me : thats a pepper! not pepperoni

waitress : gets tupperware box of salami so show me

me : hmmmm... yeah, I think thats Salami

waitress : hmm... pepperoni... is it spicy?

me : ok, you dont know what it is do you?

waitress : no

me : ok, mai pen rai - bye

So i ended up with a cheese and ham toastie from 7 and a large bottle of Leo.

Hm, you lost me there ... I always thought(and just confirmed by Wikipedia) that "Pepperoni is a spicy Italian-American variety of salami". What were you looking for?

you dont know the difference between salami and pepperoni?

hope you are not lost anymore Phil

Pretty sure he said the same thing as in that link you posted. Pepperoni is a spicy version of salami.

Pepperoni is a type of Italian salami.

Hm, you lost me there ... I always thought(and just confirmed by Wikipedia) that "Pepperoni is a spicy Italian-American variety of salami". What were you looking for?

Pretty sure he said the same thing as in that link you posted. Pepperoni is a spicy version of salami.

duty_calls.png

The link I posted talks about the difference between the two... one of which I don't like 'salami' - yuk, its gross and this is the one they were trying to sell me in the Italian.

on the other hand, I think pepperoni is delicious and my favourite topping - and if its not on the menu I wont order as I may get the non spicy variety AKA salami which is horrible.

It maybe from the same family as salami, but it does have a different name, I think that's why they call it pepperoni and not salami.

They question I was asking though was can you always get it in Pattaya as you cant here in samui.

Pepperoni (yes a variety of salami) is indeed an Italian-American thing and in my view for pizza, much better than "regular" salami. Not only is it spicier, it is also dryer, and traditionally made with only beef (though that has changed). Of course most more traditional Italian places, especially outside the U.S., are not going to offer pepperoni.

I have tried most on this topic but my vote would go to two places,

the first at the far end of soi 1 Jomtien, authentic Italian owned - wood pizza oven.

The second Drifters Cafe - a little shack on the beach beyond Jomtien. Great little place worth the journey.

Forget Franchises.

Forget about the rest, just go for the best (and TV sponsor) NY Pizza House. Stick to the medium size, choice of crust thicknesses. Single topping pepperoni 295baht, double 340baht, quadruple 385baht (carnivore!). I get my pizza nowhere else. 10% discount for PCEC members.

Forget about the rest, just go for the best (and TV sponsor) NY Pizza House. Stick to the medium size, choice of crust thicknesses. Single topping pepperoni 295baht, double 340baht, quadruple 385baht (carnivore!). I get my pizza nowhere else. 10% discount for PCEC members.

Most likely the best AMERICAN style pizza, but that's not the only kind of good pizza.

I didn't realize that the PCEC card gave discounts there. Guess I need to get me a membership card.

Wemt La Bocca last night, ordered four cheese pizza. Watched them making the base as we enjoyed the free entrees, Pizza was the best by far I have eaten in the Pattaya area.

Bill was 470bht which included large glass red wine, and tiger beer, very impressed and will definately use again.

Wemt La Bocca last night, ordered four cheese pizza. Watched them making the base as we enjoyed the free entrees, Pizza was the best by far I have eaten in the Pattaya area.

Bill was 470bht which included large glass red wine, and tiger beer, very impressed and will definately use again.

Picture of Four cheese Pizza and wood fire oven :)

post-121798-0-87244700-1332552829_thumb.

post-121798-0-41400900-1332552879_thumb.

]

i admit its in my nature to be mercenary but based on TV members reviews, i went there the other night, had pizza and other bits and pieces

i am genuinely sorry to say i was not impressed.

i will give la bocca a try next time

where is it please?

-AquaPazza on Jomtien Beach Road (near Soi 12) does a beautiful pizza pie.

(Sit there at sunset and watch as a million or more birds fly in to nest in the trees across the road. Amazing site.)

-Cafe LaMar, further down Jomtien Beach Road also has a decent pizza.

(nice place to sit and relax too)

LaBocca

AquaPazza

Cafe LaMar

Hopf

Pizza Big

Toscano