Ten Days Until The End Of The World

Bangyai

20 ways the world could end

none of us will ever make it out alive in the end, so live it up while you can!

Just 20? Better have a look here: http://www.exitmundi.nl/

If that's the case, can we say what we want here in TV for the next 10 days without getting banned.

Just depends, unless it takes another 5 billion or so years until the sun burns out......

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will you be doing as the end of the world approaches ?

Waiting for you and all the other "Chicken Littles" to sign over all of your worldly posessions to me, as I will certainly be here on the 11th.

What will you be doing as the end of the world approaches ?

Waiting for you and all the other "Chicken Littles" to sign over all of your worldly posessions to me, as I will certainly be here on the 11th.

Don't say that it's bad luck for you and you can be gone before the 10th. :o

you can have my chicken avatar.

Whoever wins the current political ding dong, their moment of triumph could be brief. This article from the telegraph.What will you be doing as the end of the world approaches ?

What will I be doing??? Something tanned, sexy and half my age. Way to go !!!

Cost? 500 baht all night so plenty of time there :o

Legal bid to stop CERN atom smasher from 'destroying the world'

Opponents of the project had hoped to obtain an injunction from the European Court of Human Rights that would block the collider from being turned on at all, but the court rejected the application on Friday morning. However, the court will rule on allegations that the experiment violates the right to life under the European Convention of Human Rights.

The Telegraph, 2008-08-31, last updated: 9:15AM BST

Full text here: www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/2650665/Legal-bid-to-stop-CERN-atom-smasher-from-destroying-the-world.html

--

Maestro

Get the lowdown about the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) with this rap video:

As a physics baccalaureate whose favorite subjects included quantum mechanics, all I can say is very, very clever (and also entertainingly educational to the layperson). Two thumbs up! Thanks for the reference.

So many missed opportunities...

WWI

WWII

Cuba crisis (JFK)

Vietnam war

Gulf war

Irak invasion

OK, no survivals this time.

Imagine the effect on the universe: one dead planet amongst billions :D

No joke, I booked a 5 star hotel in Pattaya from 2 to 8 september, I think I will extend to sept 10th :o

Get the lowdown about the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) with this rap video:

--

Maestro

No wonder it's the end of the world, got those crazy freaks working there.

They should be on MTV.

Rest easy i live 2 ks from CERN and everything seems ok

Not for long. :o

Edited by GaiYaang

So much for any End-of-the-World parties. The Large Hadron Collider has already made two small operational tests. Sept. 10 will be when particles will be sent entirely around the ring for the first time. However, it'll still be running at a lower speed. Sorry, no mini black holes will be making their debute. That won't happen until sometime next year when the LHC will run at full speed.

In the meantime, PARTY ON! :o:D

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/200...25/1290475.aspx

Edited by AmeriThai

Come on guys we must up our game, we got to save the world :D , starting today get out there and try to plug as many holes as possible, maybe we wont be successful but at least we will go down fighting :D , I will admit that I personally will have to clear this one with the holes at home :o and I therefore might perish already in the early stages of the great fight for our survival, it's hard to be a hero :D

Whoever wins the current political ding dong, their moment of triumph could be brief. This article from the telegraph.What will you be doing as the end of the world approaches ?

What will I be doing??? Something tanned, sexy and half my age. Way to go !!!

Cost? 500 baht all night so plenty of time there :o

cheap charlie!

There were similar fears before the first nuclear bomb went off- that it would ignite the atmosphere and destroy the world. I wouldn't normally say "trust the scientists," but given the amount of energy necessary to create a *real* black hole (usually happens during supernova explosions), I rather doubt that anything that we humans can put together would manage it, even if we were doing it deliberately.

Hydrogen Bomb - correctly and it was feared (by some) that it's chain reaction could trigger a much larger chain reaction and ignite ALL the hydrogen there is in this world.... didn't happen.

And the project at CERN is running for some time - merely fusion projects and trapping minute particles (Particle Physics) shooting through earth and everything on it all the time - so don't worry we get shot any moment at any time!

Quite interesting stuff though... more here:

Hopefully T'kar and Yeto stay put!

Edited by Samuian

No wonder it's the end of the world, got those crazy freaks working there.

Here is an interview with the CERN scientist Katherine McAlpine who posted the video on YouTube, with the permission of CERN bosses, under the nick AlpineKat. Like I mean you know she’s quite something.

Rapping the Higgs Boson: Katherine McAlpine (aka AlpineKat) talks particle physics, the Large Hadron Collector, and Rapping at CERN

Continued here: http://news.oreilly.com/2008/08/rapping-th...son-kather.html

post-21260-1220256599_thumb.jpg

Caption: Kate McAlpine at the LHC.

Credit: Telegraph

Source: http://www.universetoday.com/2008/08/27/la...r-rap-is-a-hit/

--

Maestro

well i suppose we will have to wait untill september the 10th .......

What's the story on this?

Other media outlets have not reported on it.....therefore...... :D

Alot of the papers are reporting it today ...... :D

Not Thai papers. Thailand is the centre of the universe anyway and most of us have already been sucked here........er ...no pun intended.

I was just thinking this could end up like one of those cheap disaster movies where all the experts bar 1 say " No worries mate ' Later on, the one bloke is totally vindicated and saves the day single handed. Now what does the bloke do with a run away black hole. I know what you're gonna say....' plenty more where that came from '. :o