Naughty Cheats At Siam Paragon

chivo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it theft, unless the sample was removed from a product that the person had already bought, nothing has been stolen from them.

You seem a bit slow so I'll use small words.

When you sell something that doesn't belong to you ---------- That is Thievery.

It wasn't stolen from the consumer though. Technically the free sample belonged to the shop, they could sell it if they wanted. Perhaps the sales clerk was stealing from the shop, but it doesn't matter to the consumer. He bought it not knowing there was a free sample and then was happy to pay extra for a filter, end of story.

Edited by madjbs

Well ,interesting how some posters hold the moral high ground over a few 100 baht and probably will go home and grab a pirate DVD to watch tonight and perhaps listen to a pirate cd, and then check their TV updates from their PCs bought at pan tip with windows pirated latest edition.

Well ,interesting how some posters hold the moral high ground over a few 100 baht and probably will go home and grab a pirate DVD to watch tonight and perhaps listen to a pirate cd, and then check their TV updates from their PCs bought at pan tip with windows pirated latest edition.

Is it news to you that the entirety of humanity are hypocrites?

Gotta call down the management in those kinds of situations. Just pull the guy/gal's name tag right off and present your case. Tell them the evidence you require is on the cctv system. These peons are out of line if they think they can take this kind of blatant path to a more comfortable life.

:o

cc: CKPD admin (Consortium to Keep the Peons Down)

How is bribing a policeman the same crime as stealing from a shop customer?

My morality was in question.

If one is willing to participate in Police Corruption to benefit oneself, then how the fawk can one question anybody else's morality ?

As I have stated on previous threads about corruption in Thailand, Farangs love it as long as they benefit by it, yet are totally opposed to it when they don't.

Morals.....

You're havin' a laugh. :o

Edited by Maigo6

.....One even told me the discount was for Thai people only. Give me a break.

Here's another break: Thai Airways often have 'special discount fares' and such - ....and written below - the ads say something like 'for Thais only.'

Sometimes it's the other way round. Many hotels in Thailand charge a higher room rate for Thais than they do for tourists. Sometimes as much as 25% more.

Here's another break: Thai Airways often have 'special discount fares' and such - ....and written below - the ads say something like 'for Thais only.'

Sometimes it's the other way round. Many hotels in Thailand charge a higher room rate for Thais than they do for tourists. Sometimes as much as 25% more.

Jeez Dan, don't say that, you'll be accused of making an inflammatory post against the Thai bashers. :o

So does air asia, on almost every ticket, yet nobody is ever refused........

If one is willing to participate in Police Corruption to benefit oneself, then how the fawk can one question anybody else's morality ?

So if you've ever bribed a policeman you can no longer judge other people's morality? I guess you have no problem with murders, rapists, pedophiles, etc..? (seeing as you can no longer question other peoples morality)?

That could be due to the disgusting state many leave the room in , my wifes sister works as a cleaner in a hotel .

????? what evidence do you have for this and what's the advantage? The only times I have heard about higher hotel prices it was for farangs - that's why several Thais i know book hotel rooms for their farang friends.

So if you've ever bribed a policeman you can no longer judge other people's morality? I guess you have no problem with murders, rapists, pedophiles, etc..? (seeing as you can no longer question other peoples morality)?

To say I would have no problem with rape and kiddy fiddling is a little bit out of order, yet on an anonymous internet forum you have free reign to type what you want, whatever turns you on pal.

Rape and kiddy fiddling never entered my head at all, why would it enter yours ? :o

Edited by Maigo6

Buying pirated cds etc at the going rate is not the same as stealing them is it? Buying it is not part of your job, is it? OK, it might have been nicked at some stage along the way, but it's not the same as someone stealing from customers who they are supposed to take care of professionally and have a certain level of trust in being served honestly.

????? what evidence do you have for this and what's the advantage? The only times I have heard about higher hotel prices it was for farangs - that's why several Thais i know book hotel rooms for their farang friends.

???????

What evidence do you have for this and what's the advantage ? The only times I have heard about higher prices it was for Thais - that's why several Farangs I know book hotel room for their Thai friends.

The evidence I have is many rate sheets given provided by hotels for travel agents and so-on. But just try inquiring at any 4 or 5 star hotel in Pattaya, Hua Hin or many other places and you will be told about a "local rate" which is higher than the tourist rate. Never known a hotel charge a cheaper rate for Thais, actually, but I guess it may happen in certain places.

I think the reasoning behind it is that Thai guests will spend less money on souvenirs, tours, gifts, etc. and will eat Thai food rather than expensive western food.

To say I would have no problem with rape and kiddy fiddling is a little bit out of order, yet on an anonymous internet forum you have free reign to type what you want, whatever turns you on pal.

Rape and kiddy fiddling never entered my head at all, why would it enter yours ? :o

I was merely trying to illustrate the flaw in your logic by taking your concept of morality to the extreme end of the spectrum.

I was not saying that you actually like bad people, on the contrary i assume that you do not, which goes to prove my point.

Buying pirated cds etc at the going rate is not the same as stealing them is it?

Try telling that to a Judge in a court of Law. :o

You mean in Thailand?

So you think it's OK to criminally buy pirated software just cos it's in Thailand ?

But I thought you were against criminal acts............. :D

Rape and kiddy fiddling never entered my head at all, why would it enter yours ? :D

I was merely trying to illustrate the flaw in your logic by taking your concept of morality to the extreme end of the spectrum.

I was not saying that you actually like bad people, on the contrary i assume that you do not, which goes to prove my point.

So, would you pay a bribe that a Policeman will put straight in his pocket, or would you follow the correct procedure and pay the full ammount at the police station ?

Would you aid and abet a criminal act ( Policeman taking bribe money ) or not ?

Yes you would !!!!!!! :o

And YOU would do this cos it benefits YOU!!

Edited by Maigo6

Buying pirated cds etc at the going rate is not the same as stealing them is it?

So if the store clerk was ripping of said farang at the going raite, it's all good.

Sorted.

The going rate was free, Sorted.

The overhead cost was free. The going rate for ripping off farangs (and anyone else for that matter) is whatever they are willing to pay without kicking up a fuss.

Sorted.

:D

Try telling that to a Judge in a court of Law. :o

You mean in Thailand?

So you think it's OK to criminally buy pirated software just cos it's in Thailand ?

But I thought you were against criminal acts............. :D

So what you are saying just because a Foreigner may or may not have Illegal software or they may or may not be prepared to bribe a policeman, that is OK for a shop sales person to rip of a customer on the assumtion that he may or may not have done these things? Or did I miss understand?

So if the store clerk was ripping of said farang at the going raite, it's all good.

Sorted.

The going rate was free, Sorted.

The overhead cost was free. The going rate for ripping off farangs (and anyone else for that matter) is whatever they are willing to pay without kicking up a fuss.

Sorted.

:D

Ok for the streets but not where the cost is displayed and a 'free' label is attached to an item in an upmarket store. Double sorted.icon12.gif