Current Re-entry Stamp Requirements?

The Thai visa page says the Fee is 1,000 baht, but I've seen other postings saying it's now 1,900 Baht.

What is the current Fee and document requirements... Photo, Photocopies of passport, etc. ?

I don't recall Photo and copies from previous stamps.

Please reply ASAP, as I'm going to Immigration tomorrow for my Final One-Year Extension Stamp.

Thanks,

CS

The Thai visa page says the Fee is 1,000 baht, but I've seen other postings saying it's now 1,900 Baht.

What is the current Fee and document requirements... Photo, Photocopies of passport, etc. ?

Please reply ASAP, as I'm going to Immigration tomorrow for my Final One-Year Extension Stamp.

Thanks,

CS

A Re Entry Permit is 1,000 Baht for a single and 3,800 Baht for a multi entry.

A one year extension costs 1,900 Baht.

Thanks,

CS

A Re Entry Permit is 1,000 Baht for a single and 3,800 Baht for a multi entry.

A one year extension costs 1,900 Baht.

'So Sorry' :o to refute you, but as this page on the Thai Immigration Website clearly shows...

The CURRENT Fee for a "Re-entry permit endorsement" is 1,900 Baht -

Thai Immigration Fees

So now I know about the fee, But I'm still interested to know if I need a Photo and Passport photocopy.

Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks,

CS

'So Sorry' :o to refute you, but as this page on the Thai Immigration Website clearly shows...

The CURRENT Fee for a "Re-entry permit endorsement" is 1,900 Baht -

Thai Immigration Fees

Look again and you will find that the fee of 1,900 Baht is for a "re-entry permit endorsement" for holders of Permanent Residence, who are granted this privilege of paying a higher fee. The hoi polloi who have an extension of stay or some kind of visa entry pay only 1,000 Baht, listed a little lower on that web page under the heading "Application for re-entry permit"

--

Maestro

The current TM8 form "APPLICATION FOR RE-ENTRY PERMIT INTO THE KINGDOM" specifies "APPLICATION FEE FOR IS 1,000 BAHT PER SINGLE AND 3,800 BAHT PER MULTIPLE".

You definitely need the photo.

Copy of the passport, I do not recall needing one. But why not take a copy....better to have and not need than to need and not have.

The current TM8 form "APPLICATION FOR RE-ENTRY PERMIT INTO THE KINGDOM" specifies "APPLICATION FEE FOR IS 1,000 BAHT PER SINGLE AND 3,800 BAHT PER MULTIPLE".

You definitely need the photo.

Copy of the passport, I do not recall needing one. But why not take a copy....better to have and not need than to need and not have.

I needed a copy so best to do. Plus the photo plus the 1,000 Baht fee.

Note to Thread Moderator:

Yesterday I posted an apology in this thread for my error in refuting the Cost of 1,000 Baht and incorrectly quoting the cost as 1,900 baht... Due to my confusion reading the Thai Immigration web page with it's embedded window and White window scroll-bar against a white background... I missed noticing the scroll bar, and the correct information is/was buried lower down the scroll...

In the same posted I asked what the difference was between a "Re-entry permit endorsement" a 1,900 Baht, and an "Application for re-entry permit" at 1,000 baht (which has since been clarified to some degree in a posting above by Maestro.)

My question is.... What happened to that Post? Did I offend someone in someway?

If a post of mine is deleted, it would be nice if someone would advise me (or any other poster) of the fact and the reason.

Again, I apologize to anyone that may have been put-out by my error in research, and my confusion re-Thai immgration nomenclature.

Thank you... Rant Over

CS

//Edit: This post has been answered by PM -- Maestro

Edited by Maestro
Added edit note.

I just downloaded this TM8 form because I need to obtain a re-entry permit tomorrow. Looking at this form I find it very cumbersome to understand what is to be placed on what line. Not for that fact that I can't read English as it is my mother language. Likewise my wife reads Thai as she is Thai but for the life of both of us this form is really screwed up as far as layout goes. Did anyone else feel the same way?

Anyone have any examples or know of any online to see what information is to be placed on what line?

Again, I apologize to anyone that may have been put-out by my error in research, and my confusion re-Thai immgration nomenclature.

CS

No problem with me. We are stuck with a load of out of date, confusing and wrong information on the Immigration Sites.

That is why this forum is so valuable to all members.

Glad you got your permit.

I just downloaded this TM8 form because I need to obtain a re-entry permit tomorrow. Looking at this form I find it very cumbersome to understand what is to be placed on what line. Not for that fact that I can't read English as it is my mother language. Likewise my wife reads Thai as she is Thai but for the life of both of us this form is really screwed up as far as layout goes. Did anyone else feel the same way?

Anyone have any examples or know of any online to see what information is to be placed on what line?

Just follow the form sequentialy.. Requested Data Title is on the Left - Fill space on the Right of the Request.

The Dates wrap around to the next line.... First give the Date 19

(Next line) Month 09 , then Year 2008

If you make a mistake, don't worry... They check the form when you submit it... They'll fix it.

Be sure to get a number at the Front Reception First.

CS

I just returned (3 hrs ago) from the CM Immigration office where I obtained my re-entry permit.

The cost was 1000 baht (single entry)

They required the following:

1000 baht

TM.8 form with photo attached

Passport

Copy of passport pages (Main picture page, current visa extension page, last entry stamp page, and TM.6 'Departure card')

NOTE: I had to sign all copies of the passport pages required.

'Easy as pie' (whatever that exspression is supposed to mean) as it only took about 1/2 hour. :o