Exporting

Bizz;

Can you be a bit more specific, what goods etc. The treatment of different goods entering the EU varies greatly.

As an example is it food, textiles, furniture, motorcycles ???

Does the manufacturer have an export lisence ?

Will they be going by sea or Air ???

Bizz;

Can you be a bit more specific, what goods etc. The treatment of different goods entering the EU varies greatly.

As an example is it food, textiles, furniture, motorcycles ???

Does the manufacturer have an export lisence ?

Will they be going by sea or Air ???

textiles, furniture

There will be no quota on Garment/Textile as from next year. So you dont need to worry about the one that sends you the goods. No real license needed. To send goods from Thailand abroad you dont need to be a company. However depending on the quantities. Furniture depends on the age. Antiques or New. If new I would suggest you choose China. Thailand is already importing most of its furniture seen in the department stores around bangkok from China. I suggest you have a look at www.globalsources.com They are great for all the things you might be looking for.

Good luck.

When you import products into Europe you need to get a tariff commodity code from

the VAT office in your country, every item has a commodity code and each code

determines the amount of duty paid. VAT is then applicable to all items coming into

Europe.

This will add allot of costs to your original price.

A 20” container from Asia to European then road haulage costs about 2250euro’s.

Plus Duty plus VAT.

Also you need to find out from the destination country if you are able to bring those

items from that country.

There is a high duty added to any Thai silk coming into Europe, infact I believe you

need a licence in Europe to import Thai silk.

You need to speak with your local VAT office and tell them what you wish to import,

then get the commodity code, then find out all the costs

I import into Europe so it is possible, but it is not as easy as it seams.

There will be no quota on Garment/Textile as from next year. So you dont need to worry about the one that sends you the goods. No real license needed. To send goods from Thailand abroad you dont need to be a company. However depending on the quantities. Furniture depends on the age. Antiques or New. If new I would suggest you choose China. Thailand is already importing most of its furniture seen in the department stores around bangkok from China. I suggest you have a look at www.globalsources.com They are great for all the things you might be looking for.

Good luck.

Can you please elaborate on this, no quotas next year where did you get this information.

Good luck.

www.globalsources.com Great site great information thanks.

When you import products into Europe you need to get a tariff commodity code from

the VAT office in your country, every item has a commodity code and each code

determines the amount of duty paid. VAT is then applicable to all items coming into

Europe.

This will add allot of costs to your original price.

A 20” container from Asia to European then road haulage costs about 2250euro’s.

Plus Duty plus VAT.

Also you need to find out from the destination country if you are able to bring those

items from that country.

There is a high duty added to any Thai silk coming into Europe, infact I believe you

need a licence in Europe to import Thai silk.

You need to speak with your local VAT office and tell them what you wish to import,

then get the commodity code, then find out all the costs

I import into Europe so it is possible, but it is not as easy as it seams.

tariff commodity code from vat office . I am vat registered and have applied as i have a no of limited companys here in Ireland.The cost of freight is ok i was awair of this. So far all you people have been a great help

I will sell/supply PM me your spec. What quantitiy, grade etc do you want.

Sorry, in this business, you don't give those contacts for free.

Welcome to the Garment and textile business, it is secretive. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Bizz

sorry that I didnt reply earlier.

Ring your local vat office, tell them what you wish to import and from where, they will tell you the correct depts to call.

You need to find out what the commidity code is (every item has a different code)

Then find out how much duty is required for that code.

You will need to make two different calls, one to find out the code, second for the duty payable.

This is not difficult. If you need any more info email me and I will be able to repsond quicker.

I remember reading in a previous thread that you need to prove the origin of the wood used for furniture.

I don't send alot to Europe, but to get the proper "proof of Origin" it takes 3 days and must be stamped by the government.

To get it, only the Owner/Manager of the business or their delegate can apply. The owner/manager is the person on the yellow ID card for the business. You have to go to the Government twice, and its a real inhibitor to getting stock shipped.

Normally,they are not required for direct Air-freight. The reason for that is if they came on a direct flight, then they must have come from Thailand. The real "hot button" is where you are sending LCL via a feeder ship to a mother ship. then you can switch the cargo for stuff not manufactured in Thailand and send your Thai goods back.....

Good Luck, furniture would be lucrative, particularly in Europe.

People thank you for your help and as i progress i will update this tread.

Clearly there is more to do and to look into finding sources and reliable ones are indeed diffacult and secretive also this i understand being in busuiness for the past 16years.

You have quided me and got the brain cells working overtime again.