First Time To Koh Samui - Advice Plz :-)

No one but completely unseasoned travelers take a taxi from the airport. Take the minibus; maximum fare anywhere is 150/person.

Samui is a lower class version of Phuket. Think of it as a sort of hayseed version. There are many places here that are not yet developed, and there are many places here that are.

Most of Lamai is girlie bars, and if anyone disagrees, just look at tonight when all of them were closed for the funeral. 60 to 70 percent of the village was darkened. Without prostitution, Lamai would be little more than a very small strip of restaurants, non-ladybar pubs, massage parlors and a smattering of souvenir shops.

Wow. Strong statement Mark. :o

I guess you living there this post say alot about yourself? :D

I did cable riding in Koh Samui. It was fun. Youtube here

I took the train with family from Bangkok, asked sister to buy tickets for me, 1st class was full so she bought second class. :o

Kids love the train ride but wife and I hated the roaches along with stinky bathroom. My advice; don't take the train.

But if you did, arrangement for boat ride to Koh Chang and land transporttion to hotel can be arranged at train station in Bangkok.

Way back to Bangkok, was gonna do the halfway boat ride and half VIP bus but after getting seasick doing island hopping for only an hour, we decided against it. So we went back to BKK by plane, was expensive but worth it.

It seems Koh Samui was the most expensive, comparing to Pee Pee or Phuket or Koh Chang.

Good luck and have fun. cheers.

Hi The best Restaurant In KOh Samui is Shalimar Indian FOod you will never be disapointed there,as well as they have a TAilor shop and u will never get ripped of.HighFashion Tailors is the best shop in samui,i visited Samui nearly 5 times and the clothes i made are still the best.

High Fashion is run by Cash...is that his restaurant too....used to get kickbacks from him but would say not the best quality clothes on the Island....Big Buddha, Elephant trekking, Waterfalls, Snake Farm and the bar scene are all great...enjoy Samui.... has some wonderful places...try Chong Mon beach, thats lovely.....