Farang Vs Asian

sego

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a nice girl Brit, I like to let guys down gentle, the "I'm married" approach, apart from being true, works nicely & most guys are gentlemanly enough to step aware gracefully, but there are always a few :o

Brit, Also got to say that a few men who wouldn't normally approach me in the west found no problem doing so (in a blunt manner) when I was in LOS & then were incredulous when I refused their advances stating that they normally wouldn't try with me in the west but thought they stood a better chance in LOS as there were so many women around they could pay for that they thought I would be flattered. :o AS IF. If I don't fancy someone then no amount of drinks, offers of dinner or crap chat up lines will make me like them more & so what if there are bars full of gorgeous thai women that they could go with, the fact of the matter is, I give mine for free & therefore can afford to give it to a guy I fancy.  :D

I completely agree with Boo as the same kinds of situations happens to me.

At first thought, I thought I turned pretty, then I understood these men only wanted a one free night stand :D

Also, I haven't turned (yet) frustrated and usually answered the question "isn't hard for a farang girl to live in Thailand with all this "competition? (understand Farang vs Asian)" ," no, it's not," and I really mean it.

I have met, here, men who still treat me in a gentleman way (just like you, Brit

:D ) and have met my dear girlfriends for whom our friendship is more important than some guy who might not worth much.

britmaveric  Yesterday, 2004-12-07 16:39:12 Post #34| 

Defender of the Realm

QUOTE(Boo @ 2004-12-07 23:14:40)

I'm a nice girl Brit, I like to let guys down gentle, the "I'm married" approach, apart from being true, works nicely & most guys are gentlemanly enough to step aware gracefully, but there are always a few

Boo- indeed you are a lovely person!!! 

So are you my lovely, your always at the top of my wish list of Thai Visa members to buy a drink for

:o

Guess I'd do a runner if an old geezer followed me down the street too!!!  :o However I understand your perspective- can be a bit daunting. However those that are controlling  are bound to be a waste of time regardless of where they are..guess its sort of stereotypical view they might have wrongly gained that women in asia should be passive and servile in nature.

:D That's funny, but to be fair to the geezers, they weren't the ones following me. Both times they were men in the 30-40 range. All of the dating encounters were also with younger guys. So we can't really blame everything on the elderly men.

Boo: I like your new Avatar. It seems to have metamorphsed from a forest ghost into this benign, funny-faced, dyed-in-the-rag muppet :D I like it.

britmaveric  Yesterday, 2004-12-07 16:39:12 Post #34| 

Defender of the Realm

QUOTE(Boo @ 2004-12-07 23:14:40)

I'm a nice girl Brit, I like to let guys down gentle, the "I'm married" approach, apart from being true, works nicely & most guys are gentlemanly enough to step aware gracefully, but there are always a few

Boo- indeed you are a lovely person!!! 

So are you my lovely, your always at the top of my wish list of Thai Visa members to buy a drink for

:o

Boo-Well you are on the my list as well dear! I'll happily collect my chang on one condition that I can buy a few rounds for you! Or could get you in on a few tequila shots with the rest of the gals

I have met, here, men who still treat me in a gentleman way (just like you, Brit wub.gif ) and have met my dear girlfriends for whom our friendship is more important than some guy who might not worth much.

Sego- Cheers for the compliment - flattery will most certainly get you anything darling!

I'll qualify that.... as long as it doesnt involve shaggin! I value my life too much- my gf would be feeding the ducks with my most valued commodity!!! :o:D

Nat - Seriously I'd give my right arm for any of you ladies- really met some special people. :D

Thank you sweetheart. :D

your friendship is precious to me.

In my experiences traveling throughout Asia, including Thailand is I find western women do not ever bother to initiate conversation, establish eye contact, or smile. They seem to act the same way towards me as they do in their native countries. Not hostile, or rude but an aloof indiference. I feel invisible around western women. My brother runs a yoga studio in Thailand. He has many western and Thai women in his classes. Virtually all of the western women never say anything, never smile, never establish eye contact with me. They talk to the other western women and mostly ignore the men. The Thai women however ALL notice me and other men. They all establish some eye contact and at least acknowledge that I am there even if they dont all say something. Many of them give really nice smiles and some begin conversations. When I initiate conversations with the Thai women, they all respond with more enthusiasm, more electricity in their eyes than the western women. Every western man I have asked about this agrees with me. I find Thai women so enthusiastic and ready to talk, date and have sex. I am talking about regular Thai women, NOT bar girls.

My question is, Why do many western women seem to lack the enthusiastic desire to engage in any kind of interaction?