Farang Vs Asian

sego

In my experiences traveling throughout Asia, including Thailand is I find western women do not ever bother to initiate conversation, establish eye contact, or smile.  They seem to act the same way towards me as they do in their native countries.  Not hostile, or rude but an aloof indiference.  I feel invisible around western women.  My brother runs a yoga studio in Thailand.  He has many western and Thai women in his classes.  Virtually all of the western women never say anything, never smile, never establish eye contact with me.  They talk to the other western women and mostly ignore the men.  The Thai women however ALL notice me and other men.  They all establish some eye contact and at least acknowledge that I am there even if they dont all say something.  Many of them give really nice smiles and some begin conversations.  When I initiate conversations with the Thai women, they all respond with more enthusiasm, more electricity in their eyes than the western women.  Every western man I have asked about this agrees with me.  I find Thai women so enthusiastic and ready to talk, date and have sex. I am talking about regular Thai women, NOT bar girls.

My question is, Why do many western women seem to lack the enthusiastic desire to engage in any kind of interaction?

uh, Mr. Friendly Women, I take it that yours is a serious question, so I'm going to attempt to answer it. Maybe other women on the forum will also give you their own feedback.

There are obviously great men here in BKK, and in Thailand. However, if you would do a cursory check of some of the threads here on TV, you will also discover some extremely vile and venomous comments directed at Western women. Add that to some of the attitudes that we encounter on the street, and you would understand why we have become accustomed to ignoring Western men. It's a sad reality. I still encounter men that make eye-contact with me and seem interested, but I have partially lost my ability to assume a healthy attitude with a lot of men that I don't know. I think the venomous attitude that a lot of farang men bring here with them puts foreign women off. I just assume that an expat in Thailand is not interested in Western women, or, that we share completely different concepts of relationships, and attraction. This does not lend itself to flirting, or even being open.

The men that have usually been able to reach past this were the ones that made the first move to come over and talk to me. Otherwise, I just don't bother.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See an earlier post I made about the number of girls who have been sexually harassed and/or drugged before you make assumptions about why western women are unfriendly. After having had numerous perverts expose themselves to me as a teenager I learned to stop making eye contact with strangers. After hearing about many, many girls who have had their drinks drugged (at home, not in Thailand) you might not wonder why they aren't friendly with strangers anymore.

Walk a mile in a woman's shoes before you judge.

In my experiences traveling throughout Asia, including Thailand is I find western women do not ever bother to initiate conversation, establish eye contact, or smile. They seem to act the same way towards me as they do in their native countries. Not hostile, or rude but an aloof indiference. I feel invisible around western women.

How long did you spend "traveling throughout Asia, including Thailand" ?

A six-day package tour?

My brother runs a yoga studio in Thailand. He has many western and Thai women in his classes. Virtually all of the western women never say anything, never smile, never establish eye contact with me. They talk to the other western women and mostly ignore the men.

You must be one sorry-looking mother!

The Thai women however ALL notice me and other men.  They all establish some eye contact and at least acknowledge that I am there even if they dont all say something. Many of them give really nice smiles and some begin conversations.  When I initiate conversations with the Thai women, they all respond with more enthusiasm, more electricity in their eyes than the western women.  Every western man I have asked about this agrees with me. I find Thai women so enthusiastic and ready to talk, date and have sex. I am talking about regular Thai women, NOT bar girls.

What you are talking is "sh*t"!!!

I think I can modestly say that I know more about Thai women (and Western women) than you will learn if you live to be a thousand years old. The average (ie: non-working) Thai girl is no easier to bed than her western sisters. (Sure, it's easier to bullshit a starry-eyed semi-educated Isaan farm girl into letting you stick your *&^% in her with the promise of taking her back to your home country with you ... but if you stoop so low than you deserve to be castrated!)

It sounds to me like you're the typical economy class tourist scumbag who had his @£$% sucked under the table in a Silom no-hands restaurant without knowing the girl's services were included in the bill ... and you think this "experience" means that every Thai girl who smiles at you in the street recognizes you as an "old Asia hand" and wants to sit on your face.

Wake up, you lame-arse stromper! Thai girls smile because they're Thai girls ... not because they want to piss themselves laughing at the sight of your truncated phallus!

My question is, Why do many western women seem to lack the enthusiastic desire to engage in any kind of interaction?

Maybe they lack enthusiasm because they have you tagged as just another farang sh*thead ?

Face up to it, Dilbert ... western women living in Thailand see a dozen ambulatory men like you every day, and western women on holiday came to Thailand to get away from you and your ilk.

You can't win in Thailand! Next year, go to Bognor or Blackpool or somewhere your pasty skin and pimply face might turn on the local girls!

Edited by Boo

Next year, go to Bognor or Blackpool or somewhere your pasty skin and pimply face might turn on the local slags!

Ahem! I used to live not far from Bognor and the girls are neither slags nor turned on by pimply, pasty-faced lard-<deleted>. Can't comment on Blackpool as have never been there.

Bit more respect for Bognor girl, if you please.

There are obviously great men here in BKK, and in Thailand.  However, if you would do a cursory check of some of the threads here on TV, you will also discover some extremely vile and venomous comments directed at Western women.

Sad, but true!

For 30+ years my preference in women has been "dark skin and/or slanted eyes" ... but that's "surface" stuff. It's what grabs my attention when I walk into a room. It's why I like walking the streets in Thailand, Viet Nam, Cambodia, Laos, Burma, Goa, Japan, India, Indonesia, Polynesia, and other "non-Euro" countries. Long black hair, dark skin, high cheekbones, slanted eyes, attract me.

I'm not saying I'd go for a wild-looking Isaan girl over a lighter-skinned Chiang Rai girl an Indian girl over a Japanese girl ... if equally beautiful then they'd both be equally appealing. I haven't shut the door on blue-eyed blondes, however. I've been propositioned by a few western women in Thailand in my lifetime. :o

Men who make vile and venomous comments about western women invariably have, at least in their own minds, "suffered" at the hands of a western woman. I have no doubt that some western women are "ball breakers" and that their ex husbands/boyfriends have legitimate gripes ... but those gripes should be against that specific woman ... not against all western women.

The "other" comment I've found derogatory to western women on this forum is that Thai girls are "better in bed". I've found that, unless your partner is some sleazy Paris or Hamburg whore who's not worth pissing on unless you're too drunk to know better, you get back what you give in bed. OK ... I'll agree that Thai bargirls give you everything they've got and take everything you can give, but I've known white girls who have put me on my hands and knees before breakfast too.

I guess the bottom line is, Kat, that some men treat all women with the respect they deserve as women, while others are just arsewipes. :D

Well, thanks anyway Rod, it certainly is nice to have a man say these things. Coming from a woman always gets one of us accused of being a ball-breaking feminazi. Normally, coming from a man would get you accused of being whipped but considering the way you put yourself across, I don't think anyone would have the nerve to say that!

He was banned, is he back again??

Thanks a million Rod :o

Well, thanks anyway Rod, it certainly is nice to have a man say these things. Coming from a woman always gets one of us accused of being a ball-breaking feminazi. Normally, coming from a man would get you accused of being whipped but considering the way you put yourself across, I don't think anyone would have the nerve to say that!

He was banned, is he back again??

Thanks a million Rod  :o

Sorry sbk. Your pal's lack of ability to keep semi civil has led to yet a further and much longer ban. Mother F......'s ain't an acceptable term hereabouts.

Sorry sbk. Your pal's lack of ability to keep semi civil has led to yet a further  and much longer ban. Mother F......'s ain't an acceptable term hereabouts.

Yet that thing calling himself joe strummer gets to insult people and nothing happens?!? I think your priorities are somewhat confused. If it's a choice between hearing someone say "shit" and being called something derogatory I'd prefer hearing 'rood'. But then I ain't in control here.

Must be a power thing... :o

Sorry sbk. Your pal's lack of ability to keep semi civil has led to yet a further  and much longer ban. Mother F......'s ain't an acceptable term hereabouts.

Yet that thing calling himself joe strummer gets to insult people and nothing happens?!? I think your priorities are somewhat confused. If it's a choice between hearing someone say "shit" and being called something derogatory I'd prefer hearing 'rood'. But then I ain't in control here.

Must be a power thing... <_<

Who on here do you think is saving that idiot ? We ban, and it is pooville for the banner ( albeit brifly ), we don't ban, and we are protecting clowns. It ain't easy..

Must be a power thing... :o

Who on here do you think is saving that idiot ? We ban, and it is pooville for the banner ( albeit brifly ), we don't ban, and we are protecting clowns. It ain't easy..

So why not inject a dose of reality into the proceedings? Pub-life (big in Soapieland) runs on the following principles:

1> Say what you like.

2> If someone objects consider moderating your speech and/or stance. then again, if only one objects then it's OK to say "Stuff you".

3> If enough people object you either DEFINITELY alter or the landlord boots you out.

Civilised and not governed by the personal attitudes/prejudices of one person, or a small handleful in relation to the numbers involved.

I understand banning someone for bad language but Rod was hardly insulting any member specifically, which DrPP, as you know, goes on in this forum from time to time. I am assuming warnings had been issued to Rod over his language in the past? I thought this board had a mechanism that automatically filtered out that kind of language? Seems like a good idea.

I understand banning someone for bad language but Rod was hardly insulting any member specifically, which DrPP, as you know, goes on in this forum from time to time. I am assuming warnings had been issued to Rod over his language in the past? I thought this board had a mechanism that automatically filtered out that kind of language? Seems like a good idea.

sbk

You are the least likely person on TV that I want to fight with. I respect you, and your ideals. Your faith in former member Rod is misplaced. Sorry.

In my experiences traveling throughout Asia, including Thailand is I find western women do not ever bother to initiate conversation, establish eye contact, or smile. They seem to act the same way towards me as they do in their native countries. Not hostile, or rude but an aloof indiference. I feel invisible around western women.

How long did you spend "traveling throughout Asia, including Thailand" ?

A six-day package tour?

My brother runs a yoga studio in Thailand. He has many western and Thai women in his classes. Virtually all of the western women never say anything, never smile, never establish eye contact with me. They talk to the other western women and mostly ignore the men.

You must be one sorry-looking mother!

The Thai women however ALL notice me and other men.  They all establish some eye contact and at least acknowledge that I am there even if they dont all say something. Many of them give really nice smiles and some begin conversations.  When I initiate conversations with the Thai women, they all respond with more enthusiasm, more electricity in their eyes than the western women.  Every western man I have asked about this agrees with me. I find Thai women so enthusiastic and ready to talk, date and have sex. I am talking about regular Thai women, NOT bar girls.

What you are talking is "sh*t"!!!

I think I can modestly say that I know more about Thai women (and Western women) than you will learn if you live to be a thousand years old. The average (ie: non-working) Thai girl is no easier to bed than her western sisters. (Sure, it's easier to bullshit a starry-eyed semi-educated Isaan farm girl into letting you stick your *&^% in her with the promise of taking her back to your home country with you ... but if you stoop so low than you deserve to be castrated!)

It sounds to me like you're the typical economy class tourist scumbag who had his @£$% sucked under the table in a Silom no-hands restaurant without knowing the girl's services were included in the bill ... and you think this "experience" means that every Thai girl who smiles at you in the street recognizes you as an "old Asia hand" and wants to sit on your face.

Wake up, you lame-arse stromper! Thai girls smile because they're Thai girls ... not because they want to piss themselves laughing at the sight of your truncated phallus!

Maybe they lack enthusiasm because they have you tagged as just another farang sh*thead ?

Face up to it, Dilbert ... western women living in Thailand see a dozen ambulatory men like you every day, and western women on holiday came to Thailand to get away from you and your ilk.

You can't win in Thailand! Next year, go to Bognor or Blackpool or somewhere your pasty skin and pimply face might turn on the local girls!

<<"How long did you spend "traveling throughout Asia, including Thailand" ? A six-day package tour?">>

I have been to Thailand 7 times over 6 years and have lived there over 1 year in total.

<<"You must be one sorry-looking mother!">>

How do you come to that conclusion? You have never seen me before! If I was truly a "sorry-looking mother" Thai women wouldnt initiate a fraction of the interest that they currently do.

<<"What you are talking is "sh*t"!!! I think I can modestly say that I know more about Thai women (and Western women) than you will learn if you live to be a thousand years old. The average (ie: non-working) Thai girl is no easier to bed than her western sisters. (Sure, it's easier to bullshit a starry-eyed semi-educated Isaan farm girl into letting you stick your *&^% in her with the promise of taking her back to your home country with you ... but if you stoop so low than you deserve to be castrated!)">>

With all your experience in Thailand I would think by now you would have developed the skill to get non working in bed easier than western women! One has to really try hard not to get laid with normal Thai women. Most of the time it is effortless. How often do you try and get normal Thai women in bed? Do you speak some Thai? I have quite a few friends who have also come to Thailand and they universally agree that normal Thai women are so much easier to meet, much more enthusiastic and ready to go to bed faster than western women with less effort. Hey,...WHY ARE YOU SO HOSTILE?

<<"It sounds to me like you're the typical economy class tourist scumbag who had his @£$% sucked under the table in a Silom no-hands restaurant without knowing the girl's services were included in the bill ... and you think this "experience" means that every Thai girl who smiles at you in the street recognizes you as an "old Asia hand" and wants to sit on your face.">>

You are totally clueless! Why dont you ASK questions instead of just assuming of who I am, and what type of experiences I have had?

<<"Wake up, you lame-arse stromper! Thai girls smile because they're Thai girls ... not because they want to piss themselves laughing at the sight of your truncated phallus!">>

Did you have some traumatic experiences with Thai women? Are you hardened and cynical? Why the attitude? With your extensive experience in Thailand, surely by now you have been able to notice the difference in the smiles and know when they feel some attraction to you and when they are just smiling because they are Thai?

In my experience, normal Thai women find many reasons why it will work with western men instead of finding all the reasons why it wont work like many Farang women do. I dont say anything rude to western women and if any gal initiates a conversation with me I usually respond with a smile and try to engage them. Normal Thai women seem to have a built in readiness, curiosity, and enthusiasm to engage western men that seem lacking in western women. What I find puzzling is why would western men in Thailand try to engage western women in a rude, or hostile way when western women dont have anywhere near the enthusiasm that Thai women do? Why bother? Why not deal with normal women who are enthusiastically ready?

I have been having resisting the urge to post here, but;

Boo

You said a while back

I like to let guys down gentle, the "I'm married" approach

I wish that was approach was 100% reliable, but sadly, it isn't. Somethine it seems to invite a challenge - why I am not sure.

I will now keep my mouth firmly shut. :o

SBK;

I can't resist this one either,

Walk a mile in a woman's shoes before you judge.

It Hurts like anything - I went to a fancy-dress party once as a Womens-Hockey Player - I was the coach and put up to it.

I don't think my feet will be the same again. Ouch ! :o

• 2 months later...

I_like_friendly_women : Are you saying western girls are not normal ?

You may find it puzzling, that these western male treat western women rudely, well open your eyes !!

It's happening like all the time.

I've been living in many different countries, and that made me very open and friendly toward people I encounter by chance. So I don't see myself as abnormal, like you're trying to say western girls are.

And when you are right saying western girls are not as friendly as thai girls, that's only first sight. I guess most of the girls like me can't help but wondering if the guy looking at them is not just an other f****r. Met too many not to be suspicious. Maybe Thai girls don't worry about flirting with an a**, I do. And western girls are definitely very friendly once they are sure you're not one of those perverts hanging around.

Edited by Lola8288