About To Apply For Oz 3mnth Tourist Visa For My Tgf

Hello,

We are about to apply for a 3 month tourist visa to Australia for my Thai girlfriend. I am on a Temporary residence 457 visa and am intending to financially support her. We have known each other for 5 months, with 3 trips to visit her in Thailand. She has previously visited her brother in Holland and returned within the visa dates. She owns a third share in a small clothing shop in Bangkok, land near Udon Thani, and has buy to rent agreements on a car and a motorbike.

I would like to thank the members of this board for the help I have recieved in putting this application together and ask for anyone with knowledge to take a look and comment on the email (below) I have just sent my gf detailing what she needs to do. Have I done everything I can???

I have done a lot of research into this, and we really hope to be successful first time, so I think this could be a good resource for other people in similar situation - Just trying to share the knowledge. Also, must mention www.ozvisathai.com as a great resource.

Here we go, sorry for the long post!

Hi Baby,

You need to read this carefully and do everything ok, getting a visa to Australia is not as easy as Europe. I promise I have researched this a lot!

I have included:

Form 48r - You need to fill this in. Talk to me about it if you are unsure, we will check it together ok. This is the main form and everything has to be in English and correct!

My address is: xx, xx, Australia

I will send you in the post:

Letter of Invitation you must include this along with the envelope it came in.

Letter from me to Australian Embassy: Explaining my visa situation, and that I will support you and make sure you keep to the visa rules

Statutory declaration: This is a legal document saying I will pay your expenses and make sure you keep to the visa's rules

Evidence of MY income: You already have a letter from my employer stating what I earn. I will send bank statements and payslips. This is to prove I can afford to support you.

Evidence of our relationship: I will send my phone records with your numbers highlighted (make sure you put both these numbers on form 48r). Also photos of you and me together and with your family, and photocopies of my passport with the Thai visa stamps to prove I have come to visit you. The reciept for the Western Union money transfer I sent when your shop wasnt making so much money.

You need to add:

Letter from your Employer: Get a letter from your two friends you own your shop with saying that they will look after the shop and you have a job to return to when you come back to Thailand. This must be in English ok. Get them to sign it also. Also put in your Thai document proving ownership of the shop.

This is very important because you have to prove that you are going to leave Australia and return to Thailand before your visa expires. This is the main thing that they look for to make sure you do not overstay and become illegal. VERY IMPORTANT OK KHAP!!

Your Thai Documents showing ownership of land and car and motorbike. This is also very important for the same reason.

Your bankbook (not a copy): Hopefully with some money in it!

Photocopy of your ID card (front and back)

Photocopy of your passport details page. Also photocopy of your visa to Holland because this is good. It shows you will not overstay a visa.

Passport sized photo of you

Proof of your travel insurance

YOUR PASSPORT! So they can put the visa sticker in.

Speak to me if you are unsure ok baby, makesure everything is there and in a nice tidy folder, makesure you look nice, respectable etc then:

You have to take all this to:

VFS Bangkok

Thai CC Tower

Unit 2 & 3, 34th Floor

889, South Sathorn Road Yannawa

Bangkok 10120

With an application fee, which you have to pay. It should be 3200 Baht plus a processing fee of 535 Bhat. If you take the money with you , you can transfer it into a money order when you are there because they do not take cash and I cannot pay by credit card.

That should be it. You should expect to hear from them in 5 or 6 days after you apply. If they call you just remember to be truthfull and honest about everything and we should be ok.

Hello,

We are about to apply for a 3 month tourist visa to Australia for my Thai girlfriend. I am on a Temporary residence 457 visa and am intending to financially support her. We have known each other for 5 months, with 3 trips to visit her in Thailand. She has previously visited her brother in Holland and returned within the visa dates. She owns a third share in a small clothing shop in Bangkok, land near Udon Thani, and has buy to rent agreements on a car and a motorbike.

I would like to thank the members of this board for the help I have recieved in putting this application together and ask for anyone with knowledge to take a look and comment on the email (below) I have just sent my gf detailing what she needs to do. Have I done everything I can???

I have done a lot of research into this, and we really hope to be successful first time, so I think this could be a good resource for other people in similar situation - Just trying to share the knowledge. Also, must mention www.ozvisathai.com as a great resource.

Here we go, sorry for the long post!

Hi Baby,

You need to read this carefully and do everything ok, getting a visa to Australia is not as easy as Europe. I promise I have researched this a lot!

I have included:

Form 48r - You need to fill this in. Talk to me about it if you are unsure, we will check it together ok. This is the main form and everything has to be in English and correct!

My address is: xx, xx, Australia

I will send you in the post:

Letter of Invitation you must include this along with the envelope it came in.

Letter from me to Australian Embassy: Explaining my visa situation, and that I will support you and make sure you keep to the visa rules

Statutory declaration: This is a legal document saying I will pay your expenses and make sure you keep to the visa's rules

Evidence of MY income: You already have a letter from my employer stating what I earn. I will send bank statements and payslips. This is to prove I can afford to support you.

Evidence of our relationship: I will send my phone records with your numbers highlighted (make sure you put both these numbers on form 48r). Also photos of you and me together and with your family, and photocopies of my passport with the Thai visa stamps to prove I have come to visit you. The reciept for the Western Union money transfer I sent when your shop wasnt making so much money.

You need to add:

Letter from your Employer: Get a letter from your two friends you own your shop with saying that they will look after the shop and you have a job to return to when you come back to Thailand. This must be in English ok. Get them to sign it also. Also put in your Thai document proving ownership of the shop.

This is very important because you have to prove that you are going to leave Australia and return to Thailand before your visa expires. This is the main thing that they look for to make sure you do not overstay and become illegal. VERY IMPORTANT OK KHAP!!

Your Thai Documents showing ownership of land and car and motorbike. This is also very important for the same reason.

Your bankbook (not a copy): Hopefully with some money in it!

Photocopy of your ID card (front and back)

Photocopy of your passport details page. Also photocopy of your visa to Holland because this is good. It shows you will not overstay a visa.

Passport sized photo of you

Proof of your travel insurance

YOUR PASSPORT! So they can put the visa sticker in.

Speak to me if you are unsure ok baby, makesure everything is there and in a nice tidy folder, makesure you look nice, respectable etc then:

You have to take all this to:

VFS Bangkok

Thai CC Tower

Unit 2 & 3, 34th Floor

889, South Sathorn Road Yannawa

Bangkok 10120

With an application fee, which you have to pay. It should be 3200 Baht plus a processing fee of 535 Bhat. If you take the money with you , you can transfer it into a money order when you are there because they do not take cash and I cannot pay by credit card.

That should be it. You should expect to hear from them in 5 or 6 days after you apply. If they call you just remember to be truthfull and honest about everything and we should be ok.

If your GF wants to stay more than 3 months make sure they don't stamp condition 8503 "no further stay" and she will need an X-ray to check for TB if longer than 3 months.

Good Luck .

The best resource is www.immi.gov.au, it is even better now they have the visa wizzard. Just provide exactly what they ask for.

Edited by CbrLad

Just a note....

That website is technically illegal...

Under the law it is illegal to assist or advise anyone other than close family in obtaining a visa for Oz unless you are a registered agent or work in a position where Immigration is a part of the job.

Edited by gburns57au

Hello,

It is always good to hear that someone has got some benefit from the site. Thanks and good luck with the application.

If your GF wants to stay more than 3 months make sure they don't stamp condition 8503 "no further stay" and she will need an X-ray to check for TB if longer than 3 months.

Good Luck .

My understanding is that a chest x-ray is only required if a visitor plans to study for more than 4 weeks.

Under the law it is illegal to assist or advise anyone other than close family in obtaining a visa for Oz unless you are a registered agent or work in a position where Immigration is a part of the job.

The site is a guide and does not offer any assistance or advice on an idividual basis. It states that on the website. I spoke to a friend of mine who is an immigration lawyer and he said as long as it is only a guide there are no legal issues.

The site is a guide and does not offer any assistance or advice on an idividual basis. It states that on the website. I spoke to a friend of mine who is an immigration lawyer and he said as long as it is only a guide there are no legal issues.

Check the site and the definition of immigration assistance on form 956.

Edited by gburns57au

Check the site and the definition of immigration assistance on form 956.

I did and there is no problems with the website due to this statement : 'migration agents who operate outside Australia do not have to be registered.'

I live in Thailand and the site is hosted in the US. Like I said I don't 'operate' at all. The site is a guide and is free. I do not help people on an individual basis to prepare applications as I am not qualified to do that.

However, thanks for pointing this out. I in no way want to break any laws or mislead people. I only constructed the site because I knew of people making some very silly mistakes leading to visas being refused.

BTW I hope everyone giving advice on visa applications for Australia on this forum is a registered immigration agent....:o