Got Some Tile’s Done

stupidfalang

Hey guys, believe it or not. I had a worker at my place doing some tiling.

Guess what, he did a terrific job, no headache, straightforward. Tiling seems to be his specialty. First time this happened to me…

Labor and cement is charged 250 thb/m² lay on bare concrete. You have to buy tiles, grouting and plastic boarding yourself.

He’s name is Chang Bum 0845673809. His limbo is strictly Thai.

Neither the Misses nor I are in any way associated with him, just a jest for someone who did something good for us and maybe you need one.

Yes that is correct up to 300 baht a day if you pay them direct. I just laid over 300 square meters outside, one guy did the lot.

Edited by Rimmer

i can send my dog over there to check the tile job. we call her the QA. when she lays at different places around the house and wags her tail, an improperly laid tile will that hollow clap instead of solid concrete thud. a couple of days laying around your place she will have found all the bad tiles.

Oh well… it was just in jest.

If anybody can give me a contact of a guy that does decent tiling without any headache or management at 300thb/day, we will all appreciate that.

I’m not in building but guess that this comes to hmmmmmmm 10/m².

Not a big deal. It was just that I find it difficult to find decent workers to do some small jobs left and right.

I need some carpenter or woodworker to help me decorate a wall. Does anybody know one? I don’t mind pay a little more than daily wages. However it has to be hassle free concerning tools, transportation etc.

Your dog is always welcome as QC master…

If anybody can give me a contact of a guy that does decent tiling without any headache or management at 300thb/day, we will all appreciate that.

I’m not in building but guess that this comes to hmmmmmmm 10/m².

Not a big deal. It was just that I find it difficult to find decent workers to do some small jobs left and right.

I need some carpenter or woodworker to help me decorate a wall. Does anybody know one? I don’t mind pay a little more than daily wages. However it has to be hassle free concerning tools, transportation etc.

This really is a very interesting question. All the daily rate workers now seem to be working for 'Mr. I'll only give you a price for the whole job' He wants to quote a silly price for the work then pays the workers, (if they are lucky) a couple of hundred baht a day.

I am lucky in so far as I have workers accommodation and can bring workers from up country and they stay until the job is finished then we put them on a bus and send them home.

During my 300 sq meter drive tiling marathon I had to get Mr. Ten Percent in to do some tiling because my workers had gone home for a few days. Mr. Ten percent drank all the money I gave him for the workers. His workers consisted of three ladies and five guys, the ladies did the grouting and the guys got drunk... They managed to lay 15 meters in two days which all had to be taken up because of badly cut tiles and the dreaded hollow sound underneath.

After two days of them falling over each other and the pile of spoilt tiles grew to two feet high the GF ran them off and we paid transport for our regular workers to come back down from up country. Job finished now :o

I'm not in building but guess that this comes to hmmmmmmm 10/m².

I need some carpenter or woodworker to help me decorate a wall. Does anybody know one? I don't mind pay a little more than daily wages. However it has to be hassle free concerning tools, transportation etc.

This really is a very interesting question. All the daily rate workers now seem to be working for 'Mr. I'll only give you a price for the whole job' He wants to quote a silly price for the work then pays the workers, (if they are lucky) a couple of hundred baht a day.

I am lucky in so far as I have workers accommodation and can bring workers from up country and they stay until the job is finished then we put them on a bus and send them home.

During my 300 sq meter drive tiling marathon I had to get Mr. Ten Percent in to do some tiling because my workers had gone home for a few days. Mr. Ten percent drank all the money I gave him for the workers. His workers consisted of three ladies and five guys, the ladies did the grouting and the guys got drunk... They managed to lay 15 meters in two days which all had to be taken up because of badly cut tiles and the dreaded hollow sound underneath.

After two days of them falling over each other and the pile of spoilt tiles grew to two feet high the GF ran them off and we paid transport for our regular workers to come back down from up country. Job finished now :o

I’m not in the construction or real estate business and know next to nothing of tiles. My profession is like many of you far away from bricks and mortar.

Just want to tile that ugly bare concrete corner at the back of my place without to much fuss. Finding someone who wants to take that little 10m² jobs can be a pain.

Now I need that carpenter…

Edited by stupidfalang