Pad Announcement To The International Press

sabaijai

Whatever all the opinionated farang think, it's interesting to not that ALL of my educated friends in Bangkok (Overseas MBA's, Executive level positions in BKK etc.) support the PAD.

Just goes to prove that education is no substitute for intelligence.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Britmarveric is correct in his comments. The government was elected, even if they have an incompetent and weak leader and are riddled with corruption. That's what the Thai people voted for and that is what the Thai people must put up with until the next election, at which time other incompetent and corrupt parties can run for office.

Democracy starts by accepting the government that has been elected, with all their failings and weaknesses.

As another poster commented, Thaksin was corrupt, just like all the other politicians in this basketcase country. But at least he also did a hel_l of a lot of good for this country.

Maggie Thatcher - where are you when we need you?!

Simon

Whatever all the opinionated farang think, it's interesting to not that ALL of my educated friends in Bangkok (Overseas MBA's, Executive level positions in BKK etc.) support the PAD. If it was so black and white like some of you make it out to be, I don't think PAD would capture the hearts and minds of such people.

Have you read Pantip.com website recently? I presume you can read Thai as you refer to Thaivisa posters as "opinionated farang". One of the highest traffic Thai based web boards and there is very little love for PAD there. You can sit there and believe that PAD has mass support over Bangkok, but very few Thai's i have spoken to support PAD anymore, a lot of people have lost faith in them, and this recent 'Terrorist' style move will diminish their support even further. Lets see if your executive level friends in Bangkok still support them when PAD cripple the countries economy and bring civil war to the streets of Bangkok.

I fully agree Wolfie.

The point is that the PAD now crossed a HOLY border-line in Thailand.

In every major uproar or the many coups, student fights etc. etc. the TOURISTS were untouchable.

The tourists were ALWAYS left alone because everybody realized that tourists were of major importance to the country's growth. We are talking some 14,4 million tourists, good for $ 15,6 BILLION of income to the country or 7% of GDP of the country. That is major money and of great importance to hundreds of thousands of workers in the tourist industry.

The PAD forgot that blocking airports, first three, a few months ago, and now again the two major airports in Bangkok, they have created a world wide anger amongst present and future tourists and creating great problems for thousands completely innocent tourists -stranded at the airports- who spent a lot of money in this country or about to spend it.

Apologizing on a website for the trouble, caused by the PAD, is not something thousands of tourists on the airports are welcoming very much; they are ANGRY and they should be !

The damage the PAD caused is enormous and it will NO DOUBT bounce back on them.

The blockade of the airports shows that Sondhi Limthongkul is desperate and he no longer was able to control the situation with -just- blocking Government House.

The airport blocking was a very dumb action; time will show so.

LaoPo

With deepest respect, People's Alliance for Democracy Tuesday, November 25, 2008

These f*cking idiots dont even know the word respect, never mind signing off with the words...

If the Government/Police wont do something about them, its time the Military did... they are no better than "Domestic Terrorists" in my (humble) opinion

<snip>

Dear jitagon,

I won't snip anything this time....

Maybe you need to get some feeling of what's going on in Thai people's mind.

7 Years I live with a Thai woman.

We talked and I convinced her Toxin is a crook.

Last year she sympathised with the PAD against the Isaan village idiots.

Over the last months (government building occupation) she slowly turned against the PAD (not understanding why the cops would not get the demonstrators out there as any Western country would have done).

We were on a flight out of Swampy 4h before they closed down the airport and ALL passengers on that plane were angry against the PAD.

Yesterday she started shouting at me on the PAD subject and said she would like to see the army SHOOT and KILL, do you get that?

She did spend some hours at the village talking with people.

She also told me the village rumour says the Bangkok Bank is financing the PAD and Isaan villagers are withdrawing their money from that bank (I wonder if Isaan rice farmers do have any to withdraw and asked her to mitigate whatever the vilalge talks about).

I wonder how many village people today would like to see the miliatry intervene with force (and shoot)

Civil war looks close enough to me :o

Edited by Jai Dee
quoted flame deleted

Still can't understand the PAD with all there support and educated people just don,t set up a Political Party and contest

the next election , instead of becoming terrorists and a pain to everybody , I think the reason they do not become a party

is because when push comes to shove and election is called ,they would be lucky to get 5% of the vote and be shown

for what they really are People against Democracy

PAD are bunch of thugs - def no different than what they are protesting. The difference - the govt was ILLEGALLY elected, and this is what pisses them off to no end. Any rate - get water canons out and break this stupidity up. Thailand once again the laffing stock of the world.

They had a chance to be voted in without resorting to the blatant vote buying and all that it encompasses.

Talk about arrogance and having the inability to do things legally !!!!!!

They didn,t take it and like their sponsored fugitive on the run, are out to change the constitution / laws of Thailand NOT to benefit Thailand and it,s citizens but to benefit themselves and escape just punishment for their crimes.

The PAD are peacefully demonstrating as is their right, as for being the laughing stock of the world, it just shows how out of touch you are with world wide opinion, it is the present bunch of thugs / mafiosa who are supposed to be governing Thailand and acting on behalf of all it,s citizens that are the cause of the ridicule.

Like all law abiding citizens, they are pissed off with the TRT and it,s surrogate government / governments soon to be plural hopefully, as they await their fate for their latest electoral shortcomings.

Guess what !!! should they get the fate they deserve, they have the 3rd surrogate party ready to step up to plate to continue their phoney crusade of allegedly being a government of the people.

The truth is they are out to benefit for themselves alone, along with their coherts of 8 years of pilaging the countries coffers, while along the way manipulating / changing the law as and when it always suits themselves at the expense of the majority of Thailands hard working, honest citizens.

You of course see the PAD as ( " A bunch of thugs " ) when by all intents and purposes you are an honest, hard working /individual.

Tell me how you / anyone would react should you suffer a similar fate via an unethical dishonest bunch of crooks, do me a favour pleaseeeee

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

^Legally elected and PAD are thugs plain/simple. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO BLOCKADE GOVT BUILDINGS OR AIRPORTS. If you are that thick then I think you need to read up on what peaceful protests are. Any rate - this will end badly and PAD will have no one to blame but themselves. Hmmm hopefully the DAAD will sort them out. :o

Britmarveric is correct in his comments. The government was elected, even if they have an incompetent and weak leader and are riddled with corruption. That's what the Thai people voted for and that is what the Thai people must put up with until the next election, at which time other incompetent and corrupt parties can run for office.

Democracy starts by accepting the government that has been elected, with all their failings and weaknesses.

As another poster commented, Thaksin was corrupt, just like all the other politicians in this basketcase country. But at least he also did a hel_l of a lot of good for this country.

Maggie Thatcher - where are you when we need you?!

Simon

And this I believe is how most of the international community sees it.

BKK Pundit

This article shows some interesting points of view and in fact quotes PAD as saying dissolving parliament is not enough.

I think for a lot of people the PAD are showing their true colours; their demands change regularly, they are not open to any compromise and cannot be trusted.

I think basically the PAD wants to create a power vacuum and wants to push through New Politics.

You stick with what u elected for better or worse - once every Thai realizes this then we can move forward. However until then we have to deal with instability and this circus like environment.

Richard M. Nixon was forced to resign in disgrace. Once the person you elected proves to be a criminal

you don't let up on him or his cronies. Perhaps the Thai's realize a little more than you think.

"The PAD are peacefully demonstrating as is their right"......I have my doubts that this includes closing down Int'l airports.

"Like all law abiding citizens" I have my doubts that this includes firing into the crowd as shown on numerous video clips.

Bottom line for me, political beliefs and sitiuatins not withstanding, taking over and closing down an int'l airport and putting thousands of innocent travelers at risk is not acceptable under any circumstances. The fact that it happened (fisrt time anywhere in my memory) but has been allowed to stand confirms. not only that no one is in charge, or knows what to do. No matter which side of this fiasco you support, you are going to lose on this one.

You stick with what u elected for better or worse - once every Thai realizes this then we can move forward. However until then we have to deal with instability and this circus like environment.

Richard M. Nixon was forced to resign in disgrace. Once the person you elected proves to be a criminal

you don't let up on him or his cronies. Perhaps the Thai's realize a little more than you think.

I don't recall a storming of JFK. Did I miss something in this comparison?

^Perhaps, but the PAD are a bunch of criminals, so what is the difference??? :o

The difference is.....no one else wants to step up to the plate. If not PAD then who?

No one wants to be a garbage man. But someone has to take out the garbage.

Remember, it was ordinary citizens in the US who initiated the fall of Nixon.

I'm actually affected by this. My mom is scheduled to fly into swampy on Dec. 3

for my baby's first birthday. That looks iffy now. I still support PAD.

Yes, you missed something. Nixon resigned and quietly went away. Thaksin is trying to hold onto power at all costs and the results of his ego are easy to see.

Whatever all the opinionated farang think, it's interesting to not that ALL of my educated friends in Bangkok (Overseas MBA's, Executive level positions in BKK etc.) support the PAD. If it was so black and white like some of you make it out to be, I don't think PAD would capture the hearts and minds of such people.

Have you read Pantip.com website recently? I presume you can read Thai as you refer to Thaivisa posters as "opinionated farang". One of the highest traffic Thai based web boards and there is very little love for PAD there. You can sit there and believe that PAD has mass support over Bangkok, but very few Thai's i have spoken to support PAD anymore, a lot of people have lost faith in them, and this recent 'Terrorist' style move will diminish their support even further. Lets see if your executive level friends in Bangkok still support them when PAD cripple the countries economy and bring civil war to the streets of Bangkok.

And there in your post is the truth. They are a right wing, self appointed elitist mob. Thank you for pointing that out.

If there ever was a Thai Hitler it is Sondhi and there are very dangerous times that these supposed "educated Thais" are dragging the country into.

General BlancmangeApong has to answer for this as he emboldened them by letting the loose. They have tasted power now and thats what this is about for PAD.

God Help Thailand with Sondhi and BlancmangeApong in the positions they are in.

I live in Udon Thani. A while back PAD had a planned rally here. PAD set up tables, had literature, and scheduled speakers. All peaceful, just a rally to explain their point of view. Anti-pad thugs (paid of course) invaded and assualted people. It was reported 2 people killed but I could never confirm that. I did talk to a Thai lady I know and with pride she told me how her nephew made 200 baht for beating up PAD people with a stick.

I knew then that sooner or later PAD would respond with violence if they had to. You can only be kicked so many times before you fight back.

I did talk to a Thai lady I know and with pride she told me how her nephew made 200 baht for beating up PAD people with a stick.

It was widely reported that the brother of the local MP was screaming off the truck, offering 10,000 baht for killing any PAD leaders.

That's when PAD started guarding its rally sites really seriously. At that point Udon was the largest attack, but there were also reports of many little skirmishes aroundd the country and many peaceful rallies were cancelled.

The PAD are peacefully demonstrating as is their right

Your joking, right? Peaceful? So i guess the news the other day clearly showing PAD members with firearms, shooting at people, attacking people, holding knives to the throats of people is "peaceful" in your opinion?

The only people i see being "peaceful" in all of this, is the Army... the rest of them are turning violent.

the govt was elected, and this is what pisses them off to no end

Oh, and I thought it was "Thaksin ohk pai" all the way.

How did you manage to miss that little reason to be pissed off, BM?

Whatever he did, it wasn't enough to put voters off voting for him! Along with the army and Installed temporary government legislating against him winning.

Thaksin at worst cost the country a bit of tea money to line his pockets and his cronies and that is accepted practice in Thailand.

The PAD have lost billions of baht and a lot of this will be long term losses not realised for months to come.

PAD have no support in comparison. A few misguided soles with time on their hands emboldened by the worlds most cowardly army.

^Legally elected and PAD are thugs plain/simple. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO BLOCKADE GOVT BUILDINGS OR AIRPORTS. If you are that thick then I think you need to read up on what peaceful protests are. Any rate - this will end badly and PAD will have no one to blame but themselves. Hmmm hopefully the DAAD will sort them out. :D

You sum yourself up nicely, what a pathetic ,yet dangerous statement to make

Words of a description not allowed on Thai Visa would be forthcoming that are a lot stronger than Thick

I hope your forecast is not true and the Illegal government do the right and honourable thing by following the sound and reasonable advise they where offered yesterday.

For the record i live in the North East among the local mafiosa who constantly terrorise the locals and order them to vote for their chosen candidates....

Peaceful and democratic.......................you haven,t got a clue.

I humbly suggest instead of spending your time in the bars when you are in Thailand, you get out and about, travel to this area, spend some real quality time here and perhaps you will then think twice before coming out with the quotes of someone who is truly out of touch.

Save your comments for those who would listen and appreciate them.

Me, i have other important priorities that concern our families and their futures..........................Ect.Ect.

The term OLSS comes to mind when i look back on your posts...............if you cannot work it out .................Tough

N. F. Comment

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

Of course your educated friends in Bangkok know best. What was I thinking?

No, no by all means, please, what was I thinking? Universities, degrees, international education. All completely overrated things really.

^Perhaps, but the PAD are a bunch of criminals, so what is the difference??? :o

The difference is.....no one else wants to step up to the plate. If not PAD then who?

No one wants to be a garbage man. But someone has to take out the garbage.

Remember, it was ordinary citizens in the US who initiated the fall of Nixon.

I'm actually affected by this. My mom is scheduled to fly into swampy on Dec. 3

for my baby's first birthday. That looks iffy now. I still support PAD.

Read my lips.

The PAD dare not stand for election because they have no popular support.

PAD are demonstrating in a relatively peaceful manner - I say 'relatively' in regards to the large scale of the demonstrations, and in regard to real threats to their demonstrations. Those threats are both actualized (bombs) and potential (police and/or army action).

It's interesting to note the virulent hate by some T.Visa posters to PAD's demonstrations.

Obviously, PAD supporters feel strongly about getting a semblance of somewhat-decent leaders in Thai gov't. There haven't been any remotely decent political leaders at the helm for nine years. Yes, the ballot box is the best way to effect change - but elections are sorely tainted in Thailand - so they can't really be termed elections. Not a whole lot different than Zimbabwe in that regard.

Yeah, you missed something. The American system works. The pressure was enough to cause the resignation of Nixon. Here, the puppet PPP will not go anywhere without a bit of assistance.

With deepest respect, People's Alliance for Democracy Tuesday, November 25, 2008

These f*cking idiots dont even know the word respect, never mind signing off with the words...

If the Government/Police wont do something about them, its time the Military did... they are no better than "Domestic Terrorists" in my (humble) opinion

Never a truer word spoken! Enough is enough, I cannot understnad why nothing is being done?

Could the government be letting them get away with this just to let them cause as much mayhem as possible? Then smash them when the government has sympathy from the "average" Thai?