I Want To Put A Name, Tel No Tag On My Cats

lotus eater

Collars in shops all seem to have a little tinkler/bell - never the option for anything else. Is there somewhere or any way I can get a tag with home info put on my cats? (Not electronic chips under the skin, please.) Maybe somewhere to etch this on a small metal tag which could be hung or somehow fixed on the collar?

Many a jeweller that etches personalized pens and trophies should be able to etch your information onto a small metal disc, maybe even supply the disc from some stock, Maybe English one side and Thai on the other.

One of my neighbours has a small dog with an ID tag made from an old UK penny (don't use a Thai coin or you'll be up on an LM charge :o ). Drill a hole in it and attach to the collar with a small key ring - one of those spring things that you prise apart and slide the keys around and onto.

Many a jeweller that etches personalized pens and trophies should be able to etch your information onto a small metal disc, maybe even supply the disc from some stock, Maybe English one side and Thai on the other.

One of my neighbours has a small dog with an ID tag made from an old UK penny (don't use a Thai coin or you'll be up on an LM charge :o ). Drill a hole in it and attach to the collar with a small key ring - one of those spring things that you prise apart and slide the keys around and onto.

"Many a jeweller" presumably means one of the ubiquitous gold shop clones ?? I'll certainly ask one. Thanks for the good idea about using largish coins.

These are better, permanent and won't be lost when Tinkerbell goes a wandering.........BramaLogo.jpg

Can't help but think that solution is unlikely to meet with unreserved approval... :D

Anyway, the fur will grow over again.

The cats and I have a tsste for black humour; but yes, as the cats are persians the surrounding hair would soon grow over.

"Many a jeweller" presumably means one of the ubiquitous gold shop clones ?? I'll certainly ask one. Thanks for the good idea about using largish coins.

These are better, permanent and won't be lost when Tinkerbell goes a wandering.........BramaLogo.jpg

Can't help but think that solution is unlikely to meet with unreserved approval... :D

The cats and I have a tsste for black humour; but yes, as the cats are persians the surrounding hair would soon grow over.

Well perhaps one of these little numbers will be a little more visible......

post-24617-1227746632_thumb.jpg

Well perhaps one of these little numbers will be a little more visible......

How cruel can you get??? Cat's delicate ears are very sensitive and the very idea of putting those great big tags on them is nothing short of heartless. I found that a simple tattoo of pussikin's postcode on the tongue does the trick - can't get lost, no fur to grow over it...... purrrrrfect.

By the way, just a couple of tips from experience: make sure to position it right at the base so there's room for another should you move and, since the little darling won't be able to eat for two to three weeks following the treatment, do be sure to give it a good meal before the procedure.

How cruel can you get??? Cat's delicate ears are very sensitive and the very idea of putting those great big tags on them is nothing short of heartless. I found that a simple tattoo of pussikin's postcode on the tongue does the trick - can't get lost, no fur to grow over it...... purrrrrfect.

By the way, just a couple of tips from experience: make sure to position it right at the base so there's room for another should you move and, since the little darling won't be able to eat for two to three weeks following the treatment, do be sure to give it a good meal before the procedure.

I still prefer the idea of getting a reputable taxidermist to stuff your pet cats. These days you can even have remote motors installed in their feet so as they can about in a lifelike mannner.

However, if you want to continue with Greenside's idea you might want to study the attched pix.

ch17_35.jpgfig-111-Reversed-Spiral-Bandage-for-Forearm-and-Arm--and-Figure-of-Eight-for-Hand.png

Khun Lotus eater

Clearly we have an abundance of 'dog people' on this forum :o

There is another (painless) alternative, but I just don't know if you can buy it in CNX (I bought it in Oz where they are readily available)

This is a harness set-up (I think it came as just a collar also) where there is a metal thing like a small capsule that unscrews. It's like some of those medi-bracelet things worn by hypochondriacs and/or truly sickly people. Within this you can fit a small piece of curled up paper on which you can write things like "Will taste better with black pepper and coriander" (no, only joking) or address/phone.

Have a hunt on the internet and get one posted to you (very small/light)

Here i just found this page quickly: http://furlongspetsupply.com/Pet_tags_pet_id.aspx

Not true! Here's a picture of the latest addition to the Greenside Ghetto....

425497160_o83qQ-L.jpg

My girlfriend hasn't come to terms with the dog yet so just imagine her surprise when she comes home from Surin and finds this little one curled up on our bed. BTW I never found those little capsule thingies stayed done up for very long - of course it may be that the cat was just curious to see what we were saying about him but the result was the same: no ID.

Edited by Greenside

Not true! Here's a picture of the latest addition to the Greenside Ghetto....

425497160_o83qQ-L.jpg

My girlfriend hasn't come to terms with the dog yet so just imagine her surprise when she comes home from Surin and finds this little one curled up on our bed. BTW I never found those little capsule thingies stayed done up for very long - of course it may be that the cat was just curious to see what we were saying about him but the result was the same: no ID.

Lovely, the love-child of Cat-Woman and Mr Spock :D (Dem's some pointy ears ya got there...)

Edited by phaethon