Suvarnabhumi PAD Protest Continues

Jai Dee

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AOT Apparently have announced that airport will re open for cargo freighters between 0900 at 1800 tomorrow.

A period which may be extended in due course

and whats the source of this information? sick and tired of waiting for a breakthrough news for the simple fact that an international airport can begin operations again. is that too much to ask?

The Nation: http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/r...newsid=30089977

Chart Thai Party leader Banharn Silapa-archa said on Tuesday he was bracing for any eventuality for the verdict on the party dissolution case.

"I am still upbeat and have no worries for whatever will happen," he said before departing the court.

Banharn complete making his closing statement to defend his party from disbandment and left the court room around 10.20 am.

Matchima Thipataya Party leader Anongwan Thepsuthin has began to deliver her closing statement around 10.40 am

~Well isn't it curious we have heard NOTHING further about this alleged abduction...?

No sign that this policeman is still being held, no demands for his release.

We don't even have a NAME for this allegedely 'kidnapped officer'.

Maybe he got in the car to go have a negociation and then was dropped off again.

Seems a bit odd this silence, no?

No, it was recorded and broadcast on TV. He didn't get in the car, he was grabbed and forced into it. Obviously not a negotiation. I read somewhere he was released later.

You are not referring to the female undercover cop that was discovered at the entrance to the airport trying to persuade people arriving to not protest and go home instead? She was shown on stage, had to 'publicly' apologize, but wasn't hurt.

You missed the one where the cop was physically dragged and forced into a saloon car that was carrying fake red cross markings on the hood and trunk? It was on NBT a couple of nights ago. Nothing 'alleged' about it on national television. Sorry you missed it.

Sort of things that get missed. Like the small bombs that used to go 'pop' in the middle of the PAD rallies, injuring a few. The police were never invited to investigate these by PAD as they were obviously done by the PAD leadership to foment anger and violence at the cost of the lives and limbs of their own masses.

Now the RPG's fired at DMK airport the past 24-hours? Now THAT is the real thing.

Edited by NanLaew

Like the small bombs that used to go 'pop' in the middle of the PAD rallies, injuring a few. The police were never invited to investigate these by PAD as they were obviously done by the PAD leadership to foment anger and violence at the cost of the lives and limbs of their own masses.

WOW!

That's quite a statement!!!

Like the small bombs that used to go 'pop' in the middle of the PAD rallies, injuring a few. The police were never invited to investigate these by PAD as they were obviously done by the PAD leadership to foment anger and violence at the cost of the lives and limbs of their own masses.

While there is no proof to that, I find it a very plausible opinion of why they won’t let police investigate these small bombings after they happen, in some cases waiting several hours before police are allowed to investigate.

It's a bit late now, but general Chamlong was saying last night that PAD never "seized" the airport. They went out there to protest the PM's arrival. That didn't happen, but Serirat closed the airport anyway, without any discussion with the PAD. Serirat is also known to have links with the UDD and PPP.

It seems like a great sleight of hand on Serirat's part and he's got away with it. Everyone is greatly inconvenienced. The PAD are painted into a corner. The media leap into the blame game. The clueless foreign media have a lot to say, and who benefits?

Well, Chamlong could have told everyone to just go home on that first day, right? He made a choice as the PAD leader and should accept it.

As a seeker of truth and justice I have stepped back from the emmotive stuff and taken the personalities out of things, and what are you left with,

1.The government are democratically elected and legitimate.

Allowing for the warts and all, there is no international critisism of the government or the election process.

Here we go again Mr Truth and Justice Seeker:

1. Several parties forming the current 'government' (and I use that term loosely) will likely be dissolved for electoral fraud. For the SECOND TIME. The judgement could come as early as TOMORROW. Now, if you think a government that repeatedly engages in electoral fraud can claim to be 'democractically elected' or 'legitimate', then you probably need to do a bit of reading.

2. Re. international criticism, had the present Thai government been permitted to use force against the protestors resulting in another massacre, there would have been plenty of concern expressed by the international community. Fortunately it was denied that option. So while it is a largely peaceful protest, and with an internal legal solution likely at hand, there's not a lot to complain about. And does international criticism of the electoral process really matter when Thailand's own Electoral Commission has declared the election to be as crooked as a dog's hind leg?

Jeez.

1.As a seeker of truth and justice I am now confused how a government can engage in electoral fraud, as you alledge.

Can you read up on that and inform me please.

Surely at the time of the election they were not the government but a legtimate political party with stated policies?

The coups, the court rulings, the dissolutions, the allegations,the courts themselves,...do you see the pattern here!.

2.Hypothetical.

Anarchy

Non democratic

The EC, who do they answer to? LOL

electoral fraud was rampant, my wife was given two hundred baht for voting for the PPP, she was happy when she got back from the voting booth in the local school, she said some got 500 baht.

It's a bit late now, but general Chamlong was saying last night that PAD never "seized" the airport. They went out there to protest the PM's arrival. That didn't happen, but Serirat closed the airport anyway, without any discussion with the PAD. Serirat is also known to have links with the UDD and PPP.

It seems like a great sleight of hand on Serirat's part and he's got away with it. Everyone is greatly inconvenienced. The PAD are painted into a corner. The media leap into the blame game. The clueless foreign media have a lot to say, and who benefits?

Well, Chamlong could have told everyone to just go home on that first day, right? He made a choice as the PAD leader and should accept it.

He could off, the conspiracy theory presented by Xangsamhua does not hold water in my opinion....

~Well isn't it curious we have heard NOTHING further about this alleged abduction...?

No sign that this policeman is still being held, no demands for his release.

We don't even have a NAME for this allegedely 'kidnapped officer'.

Maybe he got in the car to go have a negociation and then was dropped off again.

Seems a bit odd this silence, no?

No, it was recorded and broadcast on TV. He didn't get in the car, he was grabbed and forced into it. Obviously not a negotiation. I read somewhere he was released later.

You are not referring to the female undercover cop that was discovered at the entrance to the airport trying to persuade people arriving to not protest and go home instead? She was shown on stage, had to 'publicly' apologize, but wasn't hurt.

You missed the one where the cop was physically dragged and forced into a saloon car that was carrying fake red cross markings on the hood and trunk? It was on NBT a couple of nights ago. Nothing 'alleged' about it on national television. Sorry you missed it.

Sort of things that get missed. Like the small bombs that used to go 'pop' in the middle of the PAD rallies, injuring a few. The police were never invited to investigate these by PAD as they were obviously done by the PAD leadership to foment anger and violence at the cost of the lives and limbs of their own masses.

Now the RPG's fired at DMK airport the past 24-hours? Now THAT is the real thing.

You are ignoring the point.

Where is he now?

And why no press at him being held by PAD???

Total silence from the authorities, is suspicious.

We see him in a car, but no one is questioning his where-abouts

from the government or police side???

I mean really why not be asking for his release and make a stink about it?

Just a wild opinion, I think, maybe, I am no expert, etc.: the court will dissolve the parties today. Somchai will not resign. PAD will stay at the airport past December 5th, maybe past Dec. 15th.

Haha PB, I have to admit that you are very probably spot on. Sigh.....

If the court rules that the PPP is disbanded, Somchai would lose his PM status immediately. It would not be a question of waiting for him to resign. He would be out then and there.

First lesson in crowd control: if you see a group of protesters/hooligans moving towards an no-go area, you make sure you block the roads toward it.

PAD's move from GH to the airports could not have been a surpriese. It must have taken them at least an hour to get there and hours to get fully mobilized! The police just let it happen!

This is something that I've been wandering all the time, how was that all possible?

perhaps they were lookng around to much for farangs without a helmet :o

Im surprised that people dont understand yet how it could happen. It happens very easily when:

- you are under strict instruction not to use force

- your boss agrees with the PAD action

ISnt it obvious by now that the police and military fully support this?

Very smart way of controlling PAD advancement to the airport. So the whole road is blocked up by PAD supporters cars/buses/trucks, and tail back a couple of miles. No passengers can go in and out of the airport. Airport will be closed automatically anyway.

Al jazeera TV just now reporting (approx 12.30 noon) that Somchai's PPP Party must be disbanded for commiting electoral fraud and he himself to be banned for 5 years from politics.

The Red gang outside apparently haven't heard the news yet. Not yet appeared on BBC/CNN (surprise surprise)!

PM meant to appear in Bkk at King's pre birthday parade today, however he's hiding out in CM.....

hmmmm could be an interesting day. Hopefully no flashes of violence between the two 'parties' dispersed throughout the city.

It's also going to be interesting to see what the Yellows do when they learn that they have achieved one of their objectives (ie. PM out). Will they still be at the airport this time tomorrow????

If the court rules that the PPP is disbanded, Somchai would lose his PM status immediately. It would not be a question of waiting for him to resign. He would be out then and there.

The only worry then would be his replacement...if it turns out to be another Thaksin puppet then we are in trouble :o

Q: What grade are you in? (only ask as many of your comments are very childish, at best)

Q: What kind of a democratic Govt desires to remove vote-fraud rules from it's constitution?

Q: Will you be as vitriolic against the Red-UDD if they follow through on a promise to 'seige' the constitution court (or worse)?

Even peaceful people lose patience. In every other Western country, thousands of people of a MINORITY seizing an international airport, causing billions in damages and job losses in the millions, would have been immediately arrested and thrown into jail. If they didn't comply with court orders, as the PAD are doing, and barricading themselves in the airport and closing it with barbed wires, they would have been shot.

And my joking posts are not more childish than the PM or the PAD, who are turning Thailand into the biggest joke on earth.

That's the truth. Accept it or not.

your truth

electoral fraud was rampant, my wife was given two hundred baht for voting for the PPP, she was happy when she got back from the voting booth in the local school, she said some got 500 baht.

I suppose you mean some got 500 baht for voting for the Democrat.

Nope, they had better positions in Thai society.

Breaking news: http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/r...newsid=30089984

Constitution Court dissolves People Power Party.

The Constitution Court dissolves People Power Party and ban its executive board members for five years.

No text in this article and no other on Tha Nation, but maybe it is true. If somebody knows more, pls post immediately!

The Constitution Court dissolves People Power Party and ban its executive board members for five years.

No text in this article and no other on Tha Nation, but maybe it is true. If somebody knows more, pls post immediately!

I just saw it live on Thai television. In a nutshell:

- PPP is dissolved.

- 37 PPP members are barred from politics for five years, including Somchai

So Thailand now has no Prime Minister.

WOW!

That's quite a statement!!!

The chief police investigator sadi that they were PADs own bombs. Diplomatically he suggested they went off by accident.

I just saw it live on Thai television. In a nutshell:

- PPP is dissolved.

- 37 PPP members are barred from politics for five years, including Somchai

So Thailand now has no Prime Minister.

Well one could argue they never did have a real one in PM Somchai - name only. However now this verdict is reached has anyone got first hand knowledge as to whether there is movement out of both airports by the Yellows yet ? Afterall it is half time now so maybe yellows out, reds in and then if there is no score it will be decided on penalties !