Thai Airways Drastically Reduces Flights From Today

Krub

Thai Airways seems to be pulling through at the last minute folks. After spending the entire day in communication with my agent, Thai Airways says someone will be waiting at the gate for my daughter and I and they will try and get us on TG 629 and worse case scenario on Cathay CX 703.

Fingers crossed! Will be arriving in BKK on lucky 13.

TG has to take care of you because it is the return leg of your journey...believe TG629 leaves approx 7pm. If you dont make it then push for Royal Jordanian...it leaves at 2030 ...as opposed to CX703 at 10pm ish (a long wait with a one year old!!)

Have a safe journey and glad its all working out...

Does anyone know TG's loads currently? Some say its peak season and flight will be fully booked while another agent tells me there were many cancellations. I booked my return flight from LAX on Jan 10th hoping after the peak season seats would be available.

I flew from Chiangmai to Bangkok last night on a 777-200 which was only half full. I then had a connecting flight to Australia, (777-400) which also suffered from severe lack of passengers. Great to stretch out and have a sleep, but not real good for the airlines coffers. I also noticed the lack of passengers at the airport. Way down on what I usually see there. Maybe the writing's on the wall!

I need to make an unexpected trip to the UK over Xmas - will be up in BKK so will fly from there on TG - some good prices on BKK-LHR-BKK - like Bt 56k which seems OK to me over what is supposed to be peak period. Booked online and went to reserve seats and the planner shows no more than 50% load I would say (although no doubt there must be some ticket holders not yet allocated to a seat).

Also got a quote for biz class but that was more like 75% full and the quotes around Bt 125 - 150k depending on exact dates of travel. For that kind of difference I am taking the chance that I can blag a couple of seats at the back of the bus and stretch out!

So to me, it certainly does look quiet compared to previous years...

CC

I need to make an unexpected trip to the UK over Xmas - will be up in BKK so will fly from there on TG - some good prices on BKK-LHR-BKK - like Bt 56k

quntas and british airways are flying daily bkk - london for 43k departing for 17.12 to 1.01.2009. They are direct flights as well and probably a better service (you never know when thai airways is going to cancell your flight and not telling you about it). Looks, like you have overpayed 13k

This list was posted on another forum

I found out that my flight had been cancelled (21 December) and without any information from TG was re-booked on the next day's flight

Check your booking BEFORE heading for the airport !

EUROPE/AFRICA

*A340-600 aircraft on Bangkok - London route, TG910/911 with following frequencies and periods

* 16DEC08 - 10JAN09 Day 247 (Day x247: 744)

* 11JAN09 - 28MAR09 Daily

It seems that not only does TG not inform their customers, they also do not update their website. At the moment, flight TG910 from Bangkok to London is still listed as a daily flight for the period 02 JAN – 09 JAN 2009.

post-21260-1229100461_thumb.png

--

Maestro

I need to make an unexpected trip to the UK over Xmas - will be up in BKK so will fly from there on TG - some good prices on BKK-LHR-BKK - like Bt 56k

quntas and british airways are flying daily bkk - london for 43k departing for 17.12 to 1.01.2009. They are direct flights as well and probably a better service (you never know when thai airways is going to cancell your flight and not telling you about it). Looks, like you have overpayed 13k

Better service in BA economy? ha ha - rather dip delicate parts of my anatomy in boiling oil than subject myself to 12 hours of that!

Seriously? OK, I'm a Star Alliance gold card member and prefer to fly with them for the obvious reasons of lounge access, extra baggage allowance and chance of upgrades ... I'm a regular flyer and fell out with One World over their abysmal airmile redemption policy some years ago, but that's just me and may not be relevant unless you spend a lot of time in the air ... I'm 6"2" and the legroom in the BA / Quaint Arse cattle class seats is too tight for me - did look at their premium economy cabin but price wasn;t much less than TG biz ... and just to cap it off, the BA / QF flight times suck - excuse me, 'do not suit my schedule' - so quite happy with the choice I have made ta muchies (at this stage at least - will let you all know if it all goes a bit pete tong)

CC

This list was posted on another forum

I found out that my flight had been cancelled (21 December) and without any information from TG was re-booked on the next day's flight

Check your booking BEFORE heading for the airport !

EUROPE/AFRICA

*A340-600 aircraft on Bangkok - London route, TG910/911 with following frequencies and periods

* 16DEC08 - 10JAN09 Day 247 (Day x247: 744)

* 11JAN09 - 28MAR09 Daily

It seems that not only does TG not inform their customers, they also do not update their website. At the moment, flight TG910 from Bangkok to London is still listed as a daily flight for the period 02 JAN – 09 JAN 2009.

post-21260-1229100461_thumb.png

--

Maestro

Maestro,

TG has reinstated most of the flights that were cancelled for about 5 days last week.

Bangkok London flights are now back to twice daily at least until January 10

By cancelling flights for about 5 days in their schedule they have created a big big mess as customers started and have re-booked themselves on other flights. When they re-instated the cancelled flights, they were pretty empty and with a lot of award availability too

Better service in BA economy? ha ha - rather dip delicate parts of my anatomy in boiling oil than subject myself to 12 hours of that!

Seriously? OK, I'm a Star Alliance gold card member and prefer to fly with them for the obvious reasons of lounge access, extra baggage allowance and chance of upgrades ... I'm a regular flyer and fell out with One World over their abysmal airmile redemption policy some years ago, but that's just me and may not be relevant unless you spend a lot of time in the air ... I'm 6"2" and the legroom in the BA / Quaint Arse cattle class seats is too tight for me - did look at their premium economy cabin but price wasn;t much less than TG biz ... and just to cap it off, the BA / QF flight times suck - excuse me, 'do not suit my schedule' - so quite happy with the choice I have made ta muchies (at this stage at least - will let you all know if it all goes a bit pete tong)

CC

If you choose one of the flights on days that were briefly cancelled and then re-instated,you will be pretty much guaranteed a light load as most customers on the original flight re-booked to other flights.

Enjoy your flight