Help Me Out

sharecropper

Not generally known as a procrastinator, I am having serious trouble deciding on an avatar for myself for TV. Do you go with something aspirational - like somehere you love to visit or would like to live, or something from your past? Or avoid personal stuff altogether, and find something from TV's avatar stock, or what?

What made you choose your avatar?

Thanks.

If you're a Brit you could use your local soccer teams logo.

Or you could use the guidelines you outlined in your first paragraph. Find something that tickles your funnybone, put up a pic of a family member, a landscape, something that represents your job or life, etc, etc.

It's a personal thing and only you can decide what you want.

Edited by Old Croc

How to find an avatar for a master chief?

Found one in HALO, mostly to piss some hardcore dude members off.

Then you can choose an animated one as this member Here

Some have their avatar as the "persona online" they present. Angry, sad, careless, moody, old, young, no care, smartass, idiot, total idiot, have no clue, not much to say ect ect.

Good luck with your avatar, if you are not happy with your first choice, then change it later.

MC

Edited by Master Chief

I've liked dragons since I was a kid (way back in the early days of Dungeons & Dragons). Found a wallpaper I liked and shrunk it down.

Avatars are strange things that mean different things to different people. Some use an avatar that reminds them of a favourite sport/team/place/pet. Some use famous people (or cartoon characters). Some use exotic and/or eye-catching avatars that stand out in people's minds when they see them.

Some keep their avatars for years, while others change them on a regular basis. People often make assumptions on a persons looks/character/personality based on that person's avatar.

We've had discussions in the past, particularly after a TV Party, where people have said things like "I thought you'd look different because of your avatar" or "I pictured you differently" and so on.

The good thing with avatars is that you can change them. As time goes on you may find other avatars that you think better suit you, or that you simply like better and you change it. Eventually everyone will get used to the new one and forget whatever you used before.

Just make sure its clean, no obscene avatars are allowed :o

That rules out a face shot then.

Thanks for all your advice and comments so far.

Seeing as you are struggling with this 'life changing decision', I recommend you use the same methodology that you employed in coming up with your wallpaper for your computer monitor and / mobile phone.

Just make sure its clean, no obscene avatars are allowed :o

That rules out a face shot then.

Thanks for all your advice and comments so far.

With the name "sharecropper" a picture of any current stock exchange chart, would suffice :D

Or a nicely tilled field?

That could work. But has the field been cropped as much as the share prices have recently ?

Not generally known as a procrastinator, I am having serious trouble deciding on an avatar for myself for TV. Do you go with something aspirational - like somehere you love to visit or would like to live, or something from your past? Or avoid personal stuff altogether, and find something from TV's avatar stock, or what?

Thanks.

Whatever you do, don't use a personal photo, in my opinion. For one, it's boring. For two, on such a populous forum where anyone can join I'm paranoid and don't want people knowing who I truly am. My avatar is of picture from the airplane I was in of a place that I loved to be.

Thanks.

Whatever you do, don't use a personal photo, in my opinion. For one, it's boring. For two, on such a populous forum where anyone can join I'm paranoid and don't want people knowing who I truly am. My avatar is of picture from the airplane I was in of a place that I loved to be.

And all this time I thought yours was a close up of the duck's rear-end in the other poster's avatar

Mine caught my eye - Doesn't reflect my carm warm non violent persona. But who cares...?

Not seen yours before - that's excellent. However I finally went with a big municipal building, built in about 1290 in the medieval city of Perugia in Umbria, Italy -a place I'd like to spend more time in.

The Everton FC logo is already in use, I also noted the aquatic/exotic holiday themes (ducks, atolls etc) and toyed with loads of great scuba diving shots, but what the hel_l. And as one poster said - if you get bored, just change it!

many thanks.