Is Tot Ok For Online Games.

Sakeopete

TOT came to our gated community to offer their high speed internet. I was not home and my wife told them we have TT&T ATM. The rep said we would get much faster speeds through TOT as their terminal is much closer to our home. I would like to try TOT but I remember a while back that they blocked many online game sites including WOW. I really don't want to go through the hassles of setting up TOT to find out I can't play online games. I don't trust the word of any of their staff as we all know how good information from customer support in Thailand is. Can anyone here using TOT confirm they can play online games and also how often does their TOT connection drop, I hate DC death? Cheers.

Yup I have been using TOT for online gaming (mostly on the PC playing FPS like BF2, TF2, but also WOW and Warhammer online, additionally I play lots of shooters on my 360 over Xbox live ).

Connection drops are infrequent, no more than than a few times a month, which in my experience is no better or worse than True. I have a 2m down 512 up package, which I think is a bit on the slow side but its the best home package they had.

I used to play on nagrand and got 300-400 which was playable, even did pretty well in pvp.

However I gave up that game because I came to realize that it was full of time sinks which is not surprising in an subscription based mmo but I bored sick of the go kill 20 of this, ad infinitum, and the stupidly low drop rates requiring farming areas for hours just for quest items, which is why I now play WAR which keeps on getting better with every patch.