Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Woohoo! Some of the new Carbon Fiber I've been working on is finally ready! biggrin.gif

Check it out-

Brand new Carbon Fiber Signal Shroud / Radiator Covers (left and right) for the 2009-2010 Kawasaki ER-6n:

ER6nCFShroudLft2SmSSR.jpg

Left side above, right side below:

ER6nCFShroudRtSSR.jpg

• Will fit 2009 and 2010 Kawasaki ER6n
  • Exceptional quality- 1 year warranty!
  • No drilling or cutting required.
  • Easy to fit- replaces EOM part using original hardware.

ER6nCFShroudLftSmSSR.jpg

Carbon Fiber Tail Piece:

ER6nCFTail1SmSSR.jpg

• Will fit 2009 and 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650R, ER6n and ER6f

Combine with a Carbon Fiber Seat Cowl (coming soon!) for a very cool look:

ER6CFSeatCowl4.JPGER6CFSeatCowl3.JPG

Tire Hugger / Chain Guard! This one is awesome!

ER6nCFHugger5SmSSR.jpg

ER6nCFHugger1.JPG

ER6nCFHugger7SmSSR.jpg

Carbon Fiber Frame Covers- Too cool! cool.gif

ER6nCFCoverSSR.jpg

Right side above, left side below:

ER6nCFCover2SSR.jpg

ER6nCFCover4SmSSR.jpg

Carbon Fiber Front Fender:

ER6nCFFrontFender4SmSSR.jpg

ER6nCFFrontFender1SmSSR.jpg

Looking for other Carbon Fiber or Kawasaki EOM parts for your Ninja 650R, ER-6f or ER-6n? Let me know and I'll be happy to list them on eBay for you!

ER6nCFFrontFender2SmSSR.jpg

Whaddya think???

I'm going to install some of these parts on my Ninja 650R tomorrow and will post pics as soon as I can.

Ride On!

Tony

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of these are very cool. Are they actual carbon fiber or are they some other plastic with that carbon fiber look painted on - I know the latter can look pretty realistic.

Erm.... take a look at the pics- does that look painted on? :) We're making these carbon fiber parts using original Kawasaki EOM parts which we sand down, then overlay with carbon fiber and resin. This insures a perfect EOM fit since the Carbon Fiber pieces keep the original tabs and mounting points.

Ride On!

Tony

Since you guys overlayed and didn't use a mold with a gelcoat first layer, how did you get the clear finish? Lacquer? Is there an Ultraviolet light inhibitor mixed in to either the resin or clearcoat, to avoid yellowing from sunlight?

I'm not very knowledgeable about these things... The shop that is making these parts for me specializes in automotive composites and paint and really seems to know what they are doing. Their prices are not cheap but the quality is better than I expected so I think it's worth it. I'll double check but I believe these parts are made using UV resistant resin and finished with automotive clearcoat. Ride On! Tony

Some of these are very cool. Are they actual carbon fiber or are they some other plastic with that carbon fiber look painted on - I know the latter can look pretty realistic.

Erm.... take a look at the pics- does that look painted on? :) We're making these carbon fiber parts using original Kawasaki EOM parts which we sand down, then overlay with carbon fiber and resin. This insures a perfect EOM fit since the Carbon Fiber pieces keep the original tabs and mounting points.

Ride On!

Tony

I had the front fender of my Craptinum PX175 painted, and they did it in that simulated carbon fiber look, and I'll tell you what, it looks very real. Ill have to take a picture.

There was a little discussion about oils here a while back and someone wanted a pic of the oil container used by the Phuket kawa guys. Had my new ER6N abs serviced by them recently and have attached a pic of the bottle. Picked up the bike the same week my mates were flying in from OS to head to Chiang Mai for a few days riding so decided to get on the pi$$ with them instead of riding up to Chiang Mai while they flew..so organised some ER6 from Pops in CM. Lobbed up on the Saturday and he has four brand new ER6N and F abs with 3 kilometres on them. Unbelievable. Off we headed to Chaing Rai and another ride to a place called Samoeng ?? (I think). Awesome bike roads as you probably all know. Will take mine back soon.

Came back to Bangkok and took mine down to Phuket which was kind of boring and at times very wet. Got clobbered a few times but as they say, the worst day riding is better than the best day working. Got it serviced in Phuket. on the way back stayed at Ban Ta Khun, Chumpon and Prachuan Kiri Khan. Prachuan is a cute town and want to go back there as well and spend a night on a fishing boat, should be interesting.

Before I headed to Phuket, got panniers and top box fitted at Dr Bike. They did a great job and compared to Aus prices, cheap as chips. Might look like the pizza guy but my gf is happy.

I have a couple of questions for the more experienced in here and hopefully you can help.

1- Am using a Nokia N97 and have tried both a hacked copy of Garmin Mobile XT which was <deleted> and also the Nokia maps and directions. Accuracy on the N97 is crap and i find it useless for navigation where streets are 5 metres apart and the N97 accuracy is 50m+. Tells me to take too many premature turns and cant telll if I'm on an elevated road or the road next to it. Have been in many circles using it. What can you guys suggest from experience? I'm finding it a little frustrating and find the bangkok roads intimidating at the best of times.

2- In Sydney I own an R1200GS and a Rocket III, both shaft drive. I'm not experienced with chains and wonder what i need to use. Someone mentioned "blue stuff". Any clues on where to get it?

3- Have to say that washing the little bugger is finnicky. Want to put an extended flap on the front and something a bit bigger than the hugger on the back. Any suggestions on where to buy in bangkok? I am staying in Pink Lao at the moment.

4- Does anyone have english manuals yet. Kawa Rama 9 are unable to let me know when one will be available.

Have to say I find the bike awesome for a sports tourer. it's easy to fall in love with them, maybe because they are thai (-:

post-86429-1254977877_thumb.jpg

1- Am using a Nokia N97 and have tried both a hacked copy of Garmin Mobile XT which was <deleted> and also the Nokia maps and directions. Accuracy on the N97 is crap and i find it useless for navigation where streets are 5 metres apart and the N97 accuracy is 50m+. Tells me to take too many premature turns and cant telll if I'm on an elevated road or the road next to it. Have been in many circles using it. What can you guys suggest from experience? I'm finding it a little frustrating and find the bangkok roads intimidating at the best of times.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Nokia N97 has a GPS receiver. I believe it uses cell tower triangulation to determine position which is less accurate than real GPS, hence your problems with accuracy. Suggest you try a real GPS unit such as Garmin 60Csx or Zumo if you have deep pockets.

2- In Sydney I own an R1200GS and a Rocket III, both shaft drive. I'm not experienced with chains and wonder what i need to use. Someone mentioned "blue stuff". Any clues on where to get it?

The "Blue Stuff" is called Putolene and it's a ceramic chain wax. Advantages are that it's more water resistant than regular chain lubes which is handy during the rainy season. Also it hardly flings off at all. You can buy it at most motorcycle shops such as Red Baron, Fastcorner, and Dirtshop to name a few. If you're going to use this you need to thoroughly clean your chain of whatever lube you are now using before you apply the Putolene. It does not mix well with standard petroleum chain lubes.

3- Have to say that washing the little bugger is finnicky. Want to put an extended flap on the front and something a bit bigger than the hugger on the back. Any suggestions on where to buy in bangkok? I am staying in Pink Lao at the moment.

The ERMAX hugger extends back a little further (maybe ~3-4") than the stock hugger but not sure if it will help you keep the bike cleaner... Looks like this:

SNV13257_resize.JPG

Compare to the stock hugger (well, this is carbon fiber, but same mold as stock):

ER6nCFHugger5Sm.jpg

I believe the ERMAX huggers are available at K-Speed and Ueno shops which are on the other side of the river and a bit tricky to find... If you call them they might be able to send you one and save you the trip.

4- Does anyone have english manuals yet. Kawa Rama 9 are unable to let me know when one will be available.

Bard posted a link to the english service manual on our Secret Soi Riders Club site but I don't think I'm allowed to post the link here on ThaiVisa... With a little Google magic you should be able to find it.

Have to say I find the bike awesome for a sports tourer. it's easy to fall in love with them, maybe because they are thai (-:

Ha ha! Well said! Happy Trails!

Tony

There was a little discussion about oils here a while back and someone wanted a pic of the oil container used by the Phuket kawa guys.

Not wishing to turn into a mega bore about this subject...

So Veloil, a privately owned Thai company, claims their semi-synthetic oil exceeds the API-SG specification. However Veloil have not had this oil certified, or indeed any of their oils certified by API. You can check here.

http://eolcs.api.org/

Nor have they answered my emails about their oils.

So I will continue to rely on JASO "MA" certified fully synthetic oils to keep the moving bits from destroying each other whilst preventing the clutch from slipping.

If Veloil CANNOT be bothered or simply CANNOT get their oils certified then I CAN be bothered to spend a few Baht extra and use a properly certified oil.

Just IMO FWIW....

Errr... with so many name brand quality oils available I'm not sure why you would waste your time with the Veloil...

Kawasaki Bangkok uses only Shell brand oils - customers can choose mineral oil, semi-synthetic, or full synthetic. If you bring your own oil they're happy to use that as well

If I remember right Yamaha Bangkok uses Mobil.

No idea what Ducati, Triumph, and BMW service departments use. Anyone?

Ducati is Shell, I bet the Italians sleep together with the Dutch Oil giant. Shell is in Italy not only into Ducati, a major MotoGP sponsor to the Italian two-wheeler, but they also are the oil and fuel supplier of the F1 cars of Ferrari.

No wonder that the Shell CEO has his holiday house in Italy....

Thanks for the tips Tony. FYI the N97 is AGPS in that it has inbuilt PS receiver and also uses the network to assist locstion. Still <deleted>. I'm back in Sydney next week and can pick up a C60xs for A$449 plus 60 for the mount from a place called Johhny Appleseed. Seems the prices for them in BKK are outrageous.

Didnt think to tell the dealer what oil to use. Asked him when I picked it up. dam_n.....

There was a little discussion about oils here a while back and someone wanted a pic of the oil container used by the Phuket kawa guys.

Not wishing to turn into a mega bore about this subject...

So Veloil, a privately owned Thai company, claims their semi-synthetic oil exceeds the API-SG specification. However Veloil have not had this oil certified, or indeed any of their oils certified by API. You can check here.

http://eolcs.api.org/

Nor have they answered my emails about their oils.

So I will continue to rely on JASO "MA" certified fully synthetic oils to keep the moving bits from destroying each other whilst preventing the clutch from slipping.

If Veloil CANNOT be bothered or simply CANNOT get their oils certified then I CAN be bothered to spend a few Baht extra and use a properly certified oil.

Just IMO FWIW....

Totally agree, and the Shell oil Kwaker BKK uses, JASO MA and high API is only 95 baht at Supercheap Phuket. Cheaper than Veloil.

Thanks for the tips Tony. FYI the N97 is AGPS in that it has inbuilt PS receiver and also uses the network to assist locstion. Still <deleted>. I'm back in Sydney next week and can pick up a C60xs for A$449 plus 60 for the mount from a place called Johhny Appleseed. Seems the prices for them in BKK are outrageous.

Didnt think to tell the dealer what oil to use. Asked him when I picked it up. dam_n.....

I have a 60csx and am really happy with it.. I did USA ebay and got it for a steal and the Thai maps are easy to add (send me a PM if you need them).

I know its not really a car GPS but I use it in the car as well as I have very little need of it, once every few months trip to bangkok or similar. The 60csx is great on a bike, good battery, little bit ruggedised etc.

Searched high and low for semi synthetic oil but eventually got some while filling up my little twist and go Suzuki at the ESSO garage at the top of Pattaya Tai on the Sukhumvit.

4 litres for 935 baht with 2 free bottles of water and a free Mobil 1 T-shirt. Yipppeee!

So I will try and get the oil changed (again, 4th time in 2500kms) next week. Yes I do like to have fresh oil in my sump ALL the time. hehe.

The mechanic (Narm) wanted to check my engine again so he did that yesterday, all OK. I have attached the pic of the computer screen so you can see what things they check for. (Injectors, solenoids, actuators etc. If you look at the bike while he clicks start on the computer, things move on your bike, its very spooky moving things remotely.

Very clever, as the multi plug USB connection is under the seat.

I have also attached the Yamaha cleaning stuff they use for my chain before applying the blue wax. (must allow to dry before applying blue wax btw).

Sorry they didnt have any blue wax by Plutoline (i think) in all sold out.

They have just got in the reflective wheel tape for 500 baht, arhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Keep those good times rolling!

Norman

post-52293-1255227367_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1255227409_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1255227497_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1255227549_thumb.jpg

I have also attached the Yamaha cleaning stuff they use for my chain before applying the blue wax. (must allow to dry before applying blue wax btw).

Sorry they didn't have any blue wax by Plutoline (i think) in all sold out.

Norman

Do you have good luck with the blue wax? While having my bike in for a valve adjustment recently, the chain wasn't it's normal clean and lubed condition I keep it, so the Kawasaki boys did it with the blue wax. At first I was impressed how it stayed on the chain after the short ride home, but the next day left for a 750 km ride up to Mae Sai and the Golden Triangle. On the return noted the chain was nosier and that all the chains rollers had turned an even brown for the first time ever. Chain would boil spit too. Was planning to show the Kawasaki shop when I arrived, but after a road side shop spray lube the chain very slowly returned to a more normal color on the ride from CR.

What's up with the blue stuff and a burnt chain?? :)

Cheers,

Kevin

Norman

Do you have good luck with the blue wax? While having my bike in for a valve adjustment recently, the chain wasn't it's normal clean and lubed condition I keep it, so the Kawasaki boys did it with the blue wax. At first I was impressed how it stayed on the chain after the short ride home, but the next day left for a 750 km ride up to Mae Sai and the Golden Triangle. On the return noted the chain was nosier and that all the chains rollers had turned an even brown for the first time ever. Chain would boil spit too. Was planning to show the Kawasaki shop when I arrived, but after a road side shop spray lube the chain very slowly returned to a more normal color on the ride from CR.

Cheers,

Kevin

Hmmm, don't know about that Kevin, mine seems ok with no brown deposits.

Although I've never done a straight 750kms in one go.

My chain I think has always been noisy and yes it does get hot, but the heat is probably due to the heat transfer from the front cog from the gearbox.

Keep those good times rolling.

Norman.

Norman

Cheers,

Kevin

Hmmm, don't know about that Kevin, mine seems ok with no brown deposits.

Although I've never done a straight 750kms in one go.

My chain I think has always been noisy and yes it does get hot, but the heat is probably due to the heat transfer from the front cog from the gearbox.

Norman.

Maybe if I change the rear sprocket and get a green top quality chain hehe that would make things a little better??????

Interesting... I didn't know the blue chain stuff doesn't mix with normal chain oil so I sprayed lots of chain oil on anyway. I think it's quieter than before. Also if the two don't mix then it's not interesting to me, chain oil seems to work just fine and I can buy it here out in the boonies in any shop in town.

I mean - are there any problems with plain old chain oil? If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Hi Guys just after some advice I am moving to Krabi soon and would like to get hold of a er6n or er6f where is the nearest dealer and what price are they going for now as i have been offered a second hand one in samui for 250,000 with out abs. It look like the going price for a new one is not to far off this. If buying form a dealer does this inculde the plate and green book or do you need to pay extar for that. I am new to all this as have been on koh tao for the last few year where i had a sl 230 but with out any paperwork as it is not needed there. As moving to the main land i would like somthing a bot bigger. Also will the bike be easy to get servied in Krabi.

Thanks

Hi Guys just after some advice I am moving to Krabi soon and would like to get hold of a er6n or er6f where is the nearest dealer and what price are they going for now as i have been offered a second hand one in samui for 250,000 with out abs. It look like the going price for a new one is not to far off this. If buying form a dealer does this inculde the plate and green book or do you need to pay extar for that. I am new to all this as have been on koh tao for the last few year where i had a sl 230 but with out any paperwork as it is not needed there. As moving to the main land i would like somthing a bot bigger. Also will the bike be easy to get servied in Krabi.

Thanks

The N is less actually, at 245k, The F *Ninja 650R now) is 257k. All legit with book etc. Phuket Kawasaki has many N's and a few F's.

Thanks

The N is less actually, at 245k, The F *Ninja 650R now) is 257k. All legit with book etc. Phuket Kawasaki has many N's and a few F's.

Kwaker Phuket, add 1900 baht for book, plate, insurance and tax.

Edit:First class insurance covering 180k damage/theft, bailbond, 3rd pary is 7600 baht for a year.

Edited by katabeachbum

NormanW.. why are you changing your oil so much. i can understand maybe 2 max 3 times in 2,500km's. do you intend changing every 750 km's. should be more like 5,000 to 7,000km's. Because every time you change you oil and filter consider that for a small amount of time some parts of your engine are running without oil until it pumps around.

A guy on the Kawa forum in the States found that he was getting more metallic debris in his oil when he was short changing went back to the recommended and all was ok. These days oil is superior to the old days especially if you are using synth or semi.

makes sense really so i thought i would share.

Regards Allan

NormanW.. why are you changing your oil so much. i can understand maybe 2 max 3 times in 2,500km's. do you intend changing every 750 km's. should be more like 5,000 to 7,000km's. Because every time you change you oil and filter consider that for a small amount of time some parts of your engine are running without oil until it pumps around.

A guy on the Kawa forum in the States found that he was getting more metallic debris in his oil when he was short changing went back to the recommended and all was ok. These days oil is superior to the old days especially if you are using synth or semi.

makes sense really so i thought i would share.

Regards Allan

Cheers and thanks for that.

I have just bought some semi synthetic so will leave it a bit longer next time.

I don't know really, I just don't like to see dark oil in engines.

Love the sight of clean oil through the sight glass on the side of the engine block.

Stick some tape over the sight glass. What ya can't see blah,blah. problem solved :)

Just got the oil changed with Mobil semi-synthetic, phew that was close it was almost dark brown!

Next change will be @ 5000kms (Honestly, I think).