Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

I might be wrong, but I don't believe that the so-called fully synthetic Shell is actually a true, Group 4 ester based FULL synthetic. Don't ask me why, but for some reason oil companies can get away with calling it a full syn, when actually it's not.

Motul for example. Their 300v factory line is full syn and costs a bomb - about 600 baht a litre. The other oil they do - called 4T or sommthing like that, costs significantly less, claims to be a full syn, but is not.

Be careful out there...(if you want proper, full synthetic that is...:)).

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kwaker phuket closest to Krabi..

Dont even think about a second hand one at new price !! My buddy is selling a 1300 km one for 200k.

Looking at The Kwaker thai web site there is a dealer in Krabi anyone know if they can get hold of the Er6 and if they are ok to service there or is it better to get in Phuket or Surat

Thanks for you help Guys

Looking at The Kwaker thai web site there is a dealer in Krabi anyone know if they can get hold of the Er6 and if they are ok to service there or is it better to get in Phuket or Surat

Thanks for you help Guys

I do not believe there is a Kawasaki Big Bike dealer in Krabi.

Did you check on the Kawasaki Big Bike site?

http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/showroom_south.html

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

kwaker phuket closest to Krabi..

Dont even think about a second hand one at new price !! My buddy is selling a 1300 km one for 200k.

Hi can you send me more details. Where is your friend based and why is he selling it so soon. Is it a 2010 model or a 2009. Thanks

Scubakev. If its the bike i think it is, then the owner who is in Phuket brought a Ninja 650 to replace the Er6 and its a 2009 in orange with a seat cowl. luvely.

By the way Livin where is the owner. I haven't seen him posting lately. Also are you coming to the Thaivisa event.

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

Thanks for you help Guys

I do not believe there is a Kawasaki Big Bike dealer in Krabi.

Did you check on the Kawasaki Big Bike site?

http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/showroom_south.html

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

The catalog says there is one in Surrithani.

A beautiful bike with over 45,000baht Saving. If i remember its only about 4/5 months old max. with No1 full insurance......... Bloody bargain if ya ask me. But i got no money so no good for me :D :D

1300 km and 45k savings? Definitely a bargain, I'd say, at least if it didn't have any accidents. It's still under warranty for another year too so .... if I was into the orange and looking for a bike, great deal!

But, oh wait, it's an orange model, meaning it's a 2009 model, meaning it was 225K baht new, not 245. 245 is the new price for the 2010 model with ABS. Still a solid deal, but not quite the amazing bargain it would be at 45k Baht savings :) Orange was discontinued for 2010.

Edited by nikster

Yes its an 09.. Non ABS..

Remember its 1300 kms.. Just run in.. He bought that and then went straight to a F model on launch. Its in almost new faultless condition.

Its my understanding he has a buyer in a few months (mate moving here said he would take it) but its for sale at 200 if not. Agreen its not he 45k saving but its also not possible to buy a 09 at 225 anymore either. So replacement value ??

Also it has (remainder of) 1st class insurance @7,5000 and a seat cowl @8,000 rego 1,900 etc,etc. I was always crap at math. But shit still an excellent deal :)

tried to get my brother to buy it but he aint heere full time and felt it was a bit much to just leave as a holida toy for visits.

Also it has (remainder of) 1st class insurance @7,5000 and a seat cowl @8,000 rego 1,900 etc,etc. I was always crap at math. But shit still an excellent deal :D

tried to get my brother to buy it but he aint heere full time and felt it was a bit much to just leave as a holida toy for visits.

Heh heh- why don't YOU buy it LivinLOS and RENT it to your bro when he's in town! :D:D:)

Seriously good price on a well taken care of bike though- I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet.

Update: Getting Bridgstone Battlax tires on Friday. Woo - hoo! Good price too, around 9000; thanks Tony, your kind offer certainly helped negotiations along. I think maybe the first quote they gave me for 15k was some sort of mistake on their end but who knows, I just started the conversation with "you know, I was quoted 10k for these (the Pirellis) from BKK..." :)

Pirellis would have to be special ordered though, whereas Bridgestones are in stock and from what I hear pretty good performers as well.

I was out of the country the last month so this is my 1100 km service... nice to be back on the bike!

Edited by nikster

Update: Getting Bridgstone Battlax tires on Friday. Woo - hoo! Good price too, around 9000; thanks Tony, your kind offer certainly helped negotiations along. I think maybe the first quote they gave me for 15k was some sort of mistake on their end but who knows, I just started the conversation with "you know, I was quoted 10k for these (the Pirellis) from BKK..." :D

Pirellis would have to be special ordered though, whereas Bridgestones are in stock and from what I hear pretty good performers as well.

I was out of the country the last month so this is my 1100 km service... nice to be back on the bike!

great stuff nikster, enjoy.

let us know how they perform. :)

Edited by NormanW

Update: Getting Bridgstone Battlax tires on Friday. Woo - hoo! Good price too, around 9000; thanks Tony, your kind offer certainly helped negotiations along. I think maybe the first quote they gave me for 15k was some sort of mistake on their end but who knows, I just started the conversation with "you know, I was quoted 10k for these (the Pirellis) from BKK..." :)

Cheers Nikster- 9000 Baht certainly sounds better than 15k!

I've found the Bridgestone Battlax BT021's to be MUCH better than the Dunlops that came stock on the 2009 ER6n. Found the Dunlops surprisingly slippery while the Battlax's have excellent grip on both wet and dry. Hope you will like them too!

2010Ninja650R7.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

I don't know really, I just don't like to see dark oil in engines.

That means the oil is doing its job. If it remained "clean looking" it would mean that all the stuff causing the discolouring was being deposited around the engine.

agree

To keep the oil clear there are some things to do

1. Dont start engine long before take off. Take off as soon as engine is started. Cold idle engine gives much soot.

2. Avoid idle speed on engine and riding with low rpm, thats below 2500-3000 rpm for high rev engines like ER6.

3. Run 95 gasohol, burns cleaner than pure benzene and is approved for ER6. Also less expensive, and keeps the fuelsystem and injectors clean.

My first Dodge Ram pickup with 5,9 Cummins diesel I was scared how clear the oil looked even after 5k km, until I knew it had a centrifugal cleaningdevice for the oil.

Hi Guys, yes been away from the forum for a while now. As LiL says i had an emergency due to my father having head surgery so am in UK now, for how long god only knows....

As for my Orange ER6n that LiL kindly mentioned, i sold it to a guy from Chumpon, Pattaya, about a week before i rushed back to UK. A 60 year old french guy, really nice chap, with a super four Honda with over 100,000km's on it and wanted a new bike. He flew into Phuket, i picked him up, did all the necessary paperwork and off he rode. He's kept in touch with me and loving the bike so much so i'm pleased the bike went to a appreciative owner.

About 3 days before having to fly off, had a ride out to Krabi/Ao-Nang with my Aussie mate here on holiday, and as LiL rightly said looking to come here permanently in March 2010. He really liked the look of the Ninja 650R so he took that and i went on the BMW K1200R. He rides a CBF1000 in Australia so it was a very different bike for him to ride being a lesser cc and twin not in-line 4. He loved it to bits and wants to buy it, similarly i forgot how good the BMW feels on a long trip so we could be negotiating some deal here. As i've said before the BMW is far too quick for Phuket roads because of the density of traffic and <deleted> road surfaces, but i've got my car and Airblade for Phuket use so might just keep the BMW for decent rides out.

I don't think i ever really warmed to the Kawasaki's as much as i thought. I still think they are superb bikes and ridiculous value for money but i feel like i'm riding a 250 because of the size and particularly the noise. I wont begin to compare the BMW to the Ninja because they are chalk and cheese but both a top class bike in their own respect. The crazy thing is, the BMW is a million baht bike but its not 4 times better than the Kwaker so you have to appreciate the Kwaker for value for money and a fun ride at that. Would be interesting to hear other guys views about the change from riding big cc 4's to riding a twin at almost half the engine size.

Anyway good to catch up on the posts on this great thread and hope you guys are enjoying riding your kwaks.

Finally to the guys who bought their Ninja's from Phuket, have you had your green books and license plates yet. I'm a bit worried that they may be trying to contact me about this and i wont be there for some time. If any of you are in there sometime just tell them Simon who bought green Ninja is back in UK and wont be back for a few months, just so they know.....cheers.

Edited by Rickster

Hey Rickster. I was going to offer the same as Lilos, as I am going by there frequently, and the Mgr. knows me pretty well. He would probably let one of us pick the stuff up for you and return your red plate it if looks like your gone for a while. Hope your Dad will be Ok.

LiLos, I hear sex is good for your back...er is that what got you into trouble the 1st time?

One thing I noticed riding to CM (and before, but I forgot) - the ER-6n really loves the high revs. Only over 7k does she get really happy. At that point, suddenly, it turns into a different bike, it just rides so much better. I don't know what it is really, I think it might have to do with vibration dampeners - it seems to be designed so vibrations disappear at 7k RPM and higher. Anyone else noticed the same thing? I mean it's really quite a big difference. And not just at high speeds, also at higher RPMs in 1st and 2nd gear.

The D-Tracker was the opposite, the higher the RPM the more it would shake and rattle.

One thing I noticed riding to CM (and before, but I forgot) - the ER-6n really loves the high revs. Only over 7k does she get really happy. At that point, suddenly, it turns into a different bike, it just rides so much better. I don't know what it is really, I think it might have to do with vibration dampeners - it seems to be designed so vibrations disappear at 7k RPM and higher. Anyone else noticed the same thing? I mean it's really quite a big difference. And not just at high speeds, also at higher RPMs in 1st and 2nd gear.

The D-Tracker was the opposite, the higher the RPM the more it would shake and rattle.

yepp

the ER6 is a 7-11 engine.

Good low end torque for a 650 and runs well from 2500 to 7000 rpm, but 7000 to 1100 its brilliant.

but in 2nd gear at 10000 rpm speedlimit is already passed. :) G-d bless LOS trafficlaw enforcement :D 2 nd gear would be sufficient to loose driverslicene on highway in my homecountry

yepp

the ER6 is a 7-11 engine.

Good low end torque for a 650 and runs well from 2500 to 7000 rpm, but 7000 to 1100 its brilliant.

but in 2nd gear at 10000 rpm speedlimit is already passed. :) G-d bless LOS trafficlaw enforcement :D 2 nd gear would be sufficient to loose driverslicene on highway in my homecountry

I don't know, let me go out and check.

hehehehe

By the way, how does your bike run on gasohol?

I've only ever put the red 91 in!

Any difference?

Thanks.

I run 91 benzene first 1000 km. Next 1200 km I have run 95 E10 gasohol. According to Kawaker thats ok (as with all new cars).

Gasohol keeps the fuelsystem clean, and less soot in engine. I have not noticed any difference in perfomance or measured any difference in milage. Its less expensive and higher octane for those really hot days. So why not? :)

LOL, yeah around the local roads, I am in 1st and 2nd gear only. 3rd is too fast for around here... you'll hit a chicken or a dog or one of those kamikaze motorbikes practicing the no-look turn from the soi...

New Bridgestone tires are brilliant, no slipping problem anymore, they're glued to the road. Much less ABS kicking in on the downhill even though the roads were wet for half of the way, somewhat spoiling the great tire premiere. Bike performed admirably considering the conditions though.

Riding through a tropical rainstorm on the highway also once and for all convinced me that ABS is awesome. It's just great to know that at any time, you can just hit the brakes as hard as you can, and you will stop close to the optimum possible within the parameters of physics. Of course this confidence then makes one go faster, canceling out any net safety advantage :)

Edited by nikster

Didnt tell me you sold that... Must have happened fast.

If you need me to drop in to Phuket Kwaker with that message no prob, next time i am passing.. Or when I can again move and this <deleted> back heals.

Yeah the sale came from nowhere really and the guy was dead set on having it so came down to phuket immediately. Thanks for the offer but as your backs a bit iffy i'll ask Scubba if he'll have a word next time he's at the HKT dealership.

Hey Rickster. I was going to offer the same as Lilos, as I am going by there frequently, and the Mgr. knows me pretty well. He would probably let one of us pick the stuff up for you and return your red plate it if looks like your gone for a while. Hope your Dad will be Ok.

Thanks a lot mate, appreciate your help. I'm sure they are not too bothered about the red plate but if you can tell him my predicament and that i will come down as soon as i am back in Phuket which should be around end of November but at this moment in time i can't say for sure as he's in and out of surgery at the moment, not looking good though. If there is a problem about the red plate PM me and i'll send a mate down who is looking after the bike for me, but i'd rather wait and do it myself.

Again thanks to all :)

Didnt tell me you sold that... Must have happened fast.

If you need me to drop in to Phuket Kwaker with that message no prob, next time i am passing.. Or when I can again move and this <deleted> back heals.

Yeah the sale came from nowhere really and the guy was dead set on having it so came down to phuket immediately. Thanks for the offer but as your backs a bit iffy i'll ask Scubba if he'll have a word next time he's at the HKT dealership.

Thanks a lot mate, appreciate your help. I'm sure they are not too bothered about the red plate but if you can tell him my predicament and that i will come down as soon as i am back in Phuket which should be around end of November but at this moment in time i can't say for sure as he's in and out of surgery at the moment, not looking good though. If there is a problem about the red plate PM me and i'll send a mate down who is looking after the bike for me, but i'd rather wait and do it myself.

Again thanks to all :)

Hope he pulls through and everything is back to normal again. And you return to keep those good times rolling.

NormanW