A Nice Ending To The Year

billd766

I Have been working in New Zealand for the last 6 months keeping in touch with Thailand generally through family and friends as well as keeping abreast of the happenings here through TV and the Nation/BKK Post.

I arrived around 01.30 on Friday 19th and there were about 8 people in front of me at the immigration desk. The lady before me had not filled out the arrival form, (no time I suppose on an 11hr flight from Sydney), so the immigration officer (male ) told her to fill in the form at the desk and waved me around to the side. He dealt with me politely and pleasantly and I suppose it was less than 10 minutes that I was in the queue.

I picked up my bags almost straight away and was second in the queue for a taxi.

He turned the meter on straight awy and I told him where I wanted to go. That we got lost was my fault and not his so I gave him a 60 baht tip.

In the morning I went down to Sukhumvit and got my medication (much cheaper here than in New Zealand) went back to my friends place, picked up my bags and did a little shopping in Seacon Square. The girls are much better looking here and they smile as well, ate exotic international food (KFC spicy) and drove 400km home.

On Monday I went looking in Big C, Makro and Power Buy in Nakhon Sawan to buy and fridge freezer for my wifes' birthday and Xmas present which was her idea and not mine. I bought from Big C in the end as they had the best choice and prices and the girl at the check out gave me back 1,000 baht I had overpaid.

My wife and son still love me and there have been a few parties to welcome me home.

It is the village fair this week and I went to the bank this morning then to 7/11 where a nice girl stopped me and said in English that I had dropped a 1,000 baht note as I left the bank and wouldn't take anything apart from a smile and a thank you very much from me.

After all the bad publicity and bad news that I have heard and read about in Thailand I must confess I have seen and heard none since I came home, only smiles and nice people.

This of course is what is normal out in the sticks but it happens in BKK as well.

I love it here in Thailand and aim to live the rest of my live here as I have done since 2001 apart from going offshore to work.

:D :D :D :D :o

edited for very bad spelling

Edited by billd766

Welcome home Bill..... And yes we are blessed with being able to stay in this fine country. Yes, it does have some problems but overall a pleasant place to live as I intend to do so. I'm sorry that all those guys that want to always take the piss and chase the women don't have the same perspective.

What a load of doodoo, you mean to tell me that without Thai people looking out for you and fixing all your incompetent mistakes you would be a walking disaster? How did you survive the trip over here?

Welcome.

I find that there is always one and sometimes more that always look at the dark side.

You have obviously no idea about me at all and not a lot about Thailand either IMHO but its your choice.

Lighten up and be happy as there is a lot more misery in the world without you adding to it.

This week I have heard the happiest and nicest sounds in the world.

Children playing and enjoying themselves.

They don't worry because as parents it is our job to protect them as much as we can.

They will learn in time that all is not perfect but it is not all doom and gloom either.

Sabum, have a nice day on me.

:o:D :D

28 Dec, Thai Rath

On 27 December at Klong Dan police station Pitaya Muladi, aged 30 from Maha Sarakham, arrived with a bag containing a large amount of cash. In front of several witnesses police counted 1,136,000 baht in 10 piles of 1,000 baht notes.The passport of Derek Maintale, a Canadian aged 31, his phone number and some shopping receipts were also in the bag.

The police phoned Derek and after correctly describing the bag and its contents, they asked him to come down and pick it up.

Pitaya, employed by the Prakai Siam company to collect the cash from telephone boxes, said he was travelling in the Prakanong area when he saw a Honda Civic with its boot open. A bag then fell out on the road so he stopped to pick it up and tried to catch up with the Honda but lost it.

He then opened the bag, and seeing a lot of cash inside, took it to the police station.

Derek arrived at the police station with his Thai wife, an airhostess and declined to be interviewed by the media. His wife said

the cash was to buy a Harley Davidson motorbike but they first had to go to Nakhon Sawan to visit her relatives for New Year. Afraid the money would be stolen if on the car seats, she thought the boot was safer, but the lock didn't fasten tight.

Delighted to get the money back, the couple gave Piyaya 50,000 baht as a reward for his honesty.

Believe it or not?!

1,000 baht I had overpaid.
I had dropped a 1,000 baht note

nasty habits with 1000 baht notes.....think of the money u could save if you looked after them better :D

Yeah perhaps the OP could post us back with his daily movements....wouldnt mind following him around for a while :o

1,000 baht I had overpaid.
I had dropped a 1,000 baht note

nasty habits with 1000 baht notes.....think of the money u could save if you looked after them better :D

Yeah perhaps the OP could post us back with his daily movements....wouldnt mind following him around for a while :D

Sorry you missed me today but I was at Khampaeng Phet.

Bad news though, I didn't drop any money or overpay.

Still there is always tomorrow when I go to Klong Lan Pattana.

:o:D

Welcome HOME biggrin.gif

Happy New Year

Dave

Thanks Dave

2 more weeks and then I am back in NZ for 6 months

:D:P

The glass is definitely half full.

Thanks Mackayae

And tonight it will be full again

:jerk: :wai:

Edited by billd766

What a load of doodoo, you mean to tell me that without Thai people looking out for you and fixing all your incompetent mistakes you would be a walking disaster? How did you survive the trip over here?

Welcome.

I find that there is always one and sometimes more that always look at the dark side.

I'm not looking at the dark side man, you DO have a problem if you are constantly losing money like that, I find it hard to believe though

You have obviously no idea about me at all and not a lot about Thailand either IMHO but its your choice.

How did you get that? I pointed out your incompetence at holding onto your own money, Thailands great, it has nothing to do with that or you.

Lighten up and be happy as there is a lot more misery in the world without you adding to it.

Im light, but not so light I'm losing money to every little breeze that swooshes by, like you.

This week I have heard the happiest and nicest sounds in the world.

Children playing and enjoying themselves.

They don't worry because as parents it is our job to protect them as much as we can.

They will learn in time that all is not perfect but it is not all doom and gloom either.

Sabum, have a nice day on me.

:o:D:D

I responded mostly in jest, if you are indeed losing money like that regularly you should try a little harder to pay attention to what you are doing, Thailand has lots of stupid accidents were people die because they werent paying attention. I'm being serious now, its all fun and games until you get mowed down by the bus that hopped the curb while you were looking at the pretty sights in the other direction.