Scot Who Beat Up Pensioner Is Found Dead In Thai Hotel

sriracha john

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D H E L L O PEOPLE, THIS IS THE MEDIA!!!!!

WHADDA YA EXPECTA???? :D:wai::P

:D:D

:oI agree entirely. "Man falls down stairs and dies" does not sell newspapers "Man beaten to death in Thai hotel" does!

Boycot the rag papers that peddle such crap, maybe they will then report news correctly. :jerk: What am I saying? that will never happen !!!

My condolences to the family and friends of the deceased. Also, shame on the Scottish court that should have recognized a person with a serious problem and put him in some sort of treatment program and possibly probation rather than releasing him to end up like this. Sounds like this guy has a very serious alcohol problem.

Bar owner found dead in Thailand

Thai police Lt-Colonel Sompon added: "He had clearly been drinking heavily and had to be helped to his room by guest house staff."

Staff had helped Mr Stewart to his room in the early hours of the morning and was not seen again until the maid found him, still fully-clothed, during the afternoon.

A post mortem to establish the cause of death has still to be concluded.

- BBC / 2008-12-30

Could it not be the case that the injuries were inflicted prior to his return to the guest House? If he needed to be helped to his room it would not be out of the question that he was involved in a "ruck" prior to returning to his room. It seems that the guy had a tendency to fight after a drinking bout.

I think that the Police have done all that they can. Let's await the outcome of the PM.

Can't help feeling this guy was a loser and a nasty sort. Whether recent circumstances made him that way or it has long been the case, is impossible to say. As usual it's the surviving family that will suffer, but then again, I suspect they have been suffering from the husband/father for some time. Such is life, unfortunately.

He had a bar in Pattaya.

Should have supported itself and turned a profit if:

You don't drink all the profits.

You don't regularly get so blindly, blitheringly, violently DRUNK,

that you COULD mistake a pensioner for a Skinhead...

You don't do both, regularly in your own bar.

You are not so obnoxiously drunk by 11pm that you basically

clear your bar of all your patronage; they leave for their own safety...

Maybe not so, but it sure seems to fit the bloke.

Edited by animatic

Although there were injuries to Mr Stewart's face and head, Thai police have stated that they are not treating his death as suspicious.

What they can't be bothered to do a real investigation.... A fairly young man dies with injuries to his face and head, and police find nothing suspicious about it?

The injuries could be nothing but a simple drunken fall, or they could be from some one harming him..... I think the police should do their jobs and at least look into it and rule out the possibility of foul play.

RIP

RIP---<deleted>---this guy has just been convicted of a vicious assault on a 67 year old pensioner [ who he thought was a skinhead!!!!!]--why say RIP--good riddance, more like--foul play or not, who gives a .....!

2 wrongs dont' make a right - my dear hillbilly. If this guy was killed then by your f***ed up logic the murderer should be allowed to just walk into the sunset

I am sorry if 'my f...ed up logic' goes over your head--I maintain that I am not going to feel too sorry for an alchoholic who manages to beat up a 67 year old pensioner because the idiot mistakenly thinks he's a skinhead--get real!

My condolences to the family and friends of the deceased. Also, shame on the Scottish court that should have recognized a person with a serious problem and put him in some sort of treatment program and possibly probation rather than releasing him to end up like this. Sounds like this guy has a very serious alcohol problem.

No longer a problem apparently.

WHADDA YA EXPECTA???? :wai::P :jerk:

:D:D

:DI agree entirely. "Man falls down stairs and dies" does not sell newspapers "Man beaten to death in Thai hotel" does!

Boycot the rag papers that peddle such crap, maybe they will then report news correctly. :burp: What am I saying? that will never happen !!!

:o khundon, its good to see that you've come to the dark side brother! Media sux all round the world, not just here in thailand.....remember, they never let the truth stand in the way of a good story!

Also, shame on the Scottish court that should have recognized a person with a serious problem and put him in some sort of treatment program and possibly probation rather than releasing him to end up like this. Sounds like this guy has a very serious alcohol problem.

That's right, blame it all on the failed nanny state for not slapping his wrist harder. Or maybe the punter that talked him into investing in a bar in Pattaya? Why not the airline that carried him back here?

Sounds like you think his friends, family and more importantly himself are to be absolved of all blame for his failure in society and his unfortunate demise. About sums it for the British after years of being mollycoddled... it has led to a generation that thinks it's always someone else's fault or responsibility.

Hmmm, don't suppose anyone knows what bar this guy owned ?

Reason being, a friend of mine hangs out in a bar owned by a guy named "Steve", who was having financial problems related to a business partner.

It had something to do with him sending money to his partner to do improvements to the bar, only to find that little if anything was ever done. Met the guy once a couple years ago but can't remember if this is the same guy.

Could be just a coincidence. Probably a lot of "Steves" in town

Hmmm, don't suppose anyone knows what bar this guy owned ?

Reason being, a friend of mine hangs out in a bar owned by a guy named "Steve", who was having financial problems related to a business partner.

It had something to do with him sending money to his partner to do improvements to the bar, only to find that little if anything was ever done. Met the guy once a couple years ago but can't remember if this is the same guy.

Could be just a coincidence. Probably a lot of "Steves" in town

Mr Kerryd,

Ahhh the suspicious mind.....nothing gets past you....perhpas you could give away the day job & become a detective OR better still why not write some novels. They'll have to wake up early to get one past you. :o

Mr Kerryd,

Ahhh the suspicious mind.....nothing gets past you....perhpas you could give away the day job & become a detective OR better still why not write some novels. They'll have to wake up early to get one past you. :o

Not suspicious really. I'm not suggesting (or suspecting) foul play. The bar in question is only a couple of blocks from my place but I've only been there once (nothing special about it, single shop house bar. Only reason you'd go there is if you knew other people that went there.)

Just seems like a coincidence (and if it did happen to be the same place, I'd warn my buddy to not get sucked into becoming a new "partner" in that business).

Although there were injuries to Mr Stewart's face and head, Thai police have stated that they are not treating his death as suspicious.

What they can't be bothered to do a real investigation.... A fairly young man dies with injuries to his face and head, and police find nothing suspicious about it?

The injuries could be nothing but a simple drunken fall, or they could be from some one harming him..... I think the police should do their jobs and at least look into it and rule out the possibility of foul play.

RIP

RIP---<deleted>---this guy has just been convicted of a vicious assault on a 67 year old pensioner [ who he thought was a skinhead!!!!!]--why say RIP--good riddance, more like--foul play or not, who gives a .....!

2 wrongs dont' make a right - my dear hillbilly. If this guy was killed then by your f***ed up logic the murderer should be allowed to just walk into the sunset

I am sorry if 'my f...ed up logic' goes over your head--I maintain that I am not going to feel too sorry for an alchoholic who manages to beat up a 67 year old pensioner because the idiot mistakenly thinks he's a skinhead--get real!

I never mentioned feeling in any way about the guy - sorry you imagined that. My point relates quite simply to the killer - if indeed their is one - being allowed to go undetected just because the deceased was a bad ass.

So it seems quite clear hat my logic is beyond your simple hillbilly comprehension. Or do you maintain that it is ok to murder anyone that assaults another person.

PS some 67 year old guys (pensioners) can be bad asses also - so lets not play to the media hype "67 YEAR OLD PENSIONER'

You are 100% correct all police are not bad, allot I am sure are honest and good... But that does not change the fact that many are known for bribe taking, shooting people they fight with even tourists, magic falls from a tall building, hence the reason people are so quick to question their actions.

So one of the very sad and surprising lessons we learn is that if you die alone in a small guest house in Pattaya, you cannot always count on the full CSI Miami team to turn up and clarify the situation .

I missed the bit about why his wife and child were not with him, or why he was alone in a guest house instead of at home...

MyPL,

Everything you are saying is based on the assumption that the matter wasnt properly investigated.

As for him being 'scum' you're words.....I guess you could say if he plays hard and loses, then thats his problem. Perhaps he lived by the sword and died by the sword....BUT anyone who gives a poor old pensioner a touch up like that probably had it coming.

You just jump in and blame the cops for not doing a propper investigation - his injuries may not have been consistent with an assault or foul play....end of story, what tests did you want them to do on scene? No doubt a post mortem will be done & if the doctor comes up with anything different they will go from there.

I did not blame cops, I stated they should do their job.... A man dies in a hotel room, he has wounds to his head and face and its not "suspicious"? I also stated that it could be a simple drunken fall.... but lets be honest there seems to be alot of suspicious deaths in thailand that never really get investigated.....

How you know for sure,the police not tell you everything.

RIP

I never mentioned feeling in any way about the guy - sorry you imagined that. My point relates quite simply to the killer - if indeed their is one - being allowed to go undetected just because the deceased was a bad ass.

So it seems quite clear hat my logic is beyond your simple hillbilly comprehension. Or do you maintain that it is ok to murder anyone that assaults another person.

PS some 67 year old guys (pensioners) can be bad asses also - so lets not play to the media hype "67 YEAR OLD PENSIONER'

You certainly have a point about the fact that some 67 year old dudes are s$#tbags too, but any man in his 30ies or 40ies that hits a man in this age group has no excuse....you shouldnt go around belting people full stop, yet alone people in that age group. Anyway, I hate to be the one that says it, but i can't help myself, what goes around comes around, I'll save my sympathy for those who really deserve it. Theres no doubt about it, Thailand certainly has its fair share of farang scum around the place, you don't have to walk very far in any given place to see that. :o

<Portions of cited post have been deleted for brevity>

QUOTE: ...."You certainly have a point about the fact that some 67 year old dudes are s$#tbags too, but any man in his 30ies or 40ies that hits a man in this age group has no excuse....you shouldnt go around belting people full stop, yet alone people in that age group. Anyway, I hate to be the one that says it, but i can't help myself, what goes around comes around, I'll save my sympathy for those who really deserve it. Theres no doubt about it, Thailand certainly has its fair share of farang scum around the place, you don't have to walk very far in any given place to see that. :o" END QUOTE

My friend, you have hit the proverbial nail on the head with that statement...none of us are saints but I have sure seen a lot of losers over here...societal misfits most of them...and excessive drink was in large part responsible for their current predicament. Pattaya seems to attract a disproportionate share as well. Live hard, die hard.

Edited by Fore Man

<Portions of cited post have been deleted for brevity>

QUOTE: ...."You certainly have a point about the fact that some 67 year old dudes are s$#tbags too, but any man in his 30ies or 40ies that hits a man in this age group has no excuse....you shouldnt go around belting people full stop, yet alone people in that age group. Anyway, I hate to be the one that says it, but i can't help myself, what goes around comes around, I'll save my sympathy for those who really deserve it. Theres no doubt about it, Thailand certainly has its fair share of farang scum around the place, you don't have to walk very far in any given place to see that. :D " END QUOTE

My friend, you have hit the proverbial nail on the head with that statement...none of us are saints but I have sure seen a lot of losers over here...societal misfits most of them...and excessive drink was in large part responsible for their current predicament. Pattaya seems to attract a disproportionate share as well. Live hard, die hard.

Having a trained eye & nearly 20 years experience in dealing with puss heads.....i can't help but notice. The tatoo to tooth ratio here is something else :D . The bars are full of bad attitudes and ugly looks....I steer clear of those places now, I wouldnt want to be sharing flesh with some of those lowies.

Good on ya Fore man :o

The guy is dead, he has family left behind, and that is a tragedy.

The guy was sentenced by a court and fined a fair deal of money

for an assault so I'll agree he wasn't the sort I would like to meet.

Anyone can chose to walk away from a 67 year old

and not beat them up.

However, I got interested in the internet snippet / sound bite news reporting

that we have to live with these days and started wondering too...

"PS some 67 year old guys (pensioners) can be bad asses also - so lets not play to the media hype "67 YEAR OLD PENSIONER' "

Here's a write up of the pensioner incident...

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2008/11...y12193935t0.asp

"The depute fiscal told the court that the complainer, a regular at the Inn, had entered at around 11.30pm.

“By last orders at 12.15am he had consumed three pints and made his way to the premises’ toilets."

My bladder would have gone after two pints.... and I'm only in my forties.

My remark about the Court taking a more pro-active approach to dealing with a serious (alcohol) problem has nothing to do with the 'Nanny' state. It has to do with protecting citizens from dangerous people--not turning them out on the street knowing full well they are likely to do it again. Whether he spent time in jail or in some other place of rehabilitation makes no difference to me. Many prisons have reasonably good treatment programs.

My point is, I wouldn't want to run across this guy some night after getting a haircut!

Sad for all involved and it may not have been preventable, but some attempt could have been made to improve his life and that of his family.

WHADDA YA EXPECTA???? :wai::P :jerk:

:DI agree entirely. "Man falls down stairs and dies" does not sell newspapers "Man beaten to death in Thai hotel" does!

Boycot the rag papers that peddle such crap, maybe they will then report news correctly. :burp: What am I saying? that will never happen !!!

:o khundon, its good to see that you've come to the dark side brother! Media sux all round the world, not just here in thailand.....remember, they never let the truth stand in the way of a good story!

:DNeverdie Don't know about the dark side (my eyesite not good enough for that) but I had used a bar (bar name and his name edited by me) owned by a very nice, rich English guy, married for many years to a Thai with young child.

I went in one night in early March 2004 I think it was, he told me his wife had gambled away 10,000,000 Bht. He paid off the debt and kicked her out but kept the child. Set ex up with another business etc.

Did not divorce her but got another GF which the ex found out about. :D

Wife lured him to remote farm on pretext of picking up kid but was waiting for him with brothers and cousin, they tried to shoot him but failed (gun was homemade I believe) so beat him senseless with sticks and set fire to him.

The Thai lady who ran his bars raised alarm with police when he failed to come to the bars as he usually did.

Police did their thing and his family in UK hired private dick to push police etc.

I think wife did it for the money as alive but divorced = half money and property, dead = all money and property. If she was not caught.

They caught them and I think all got the Death Penalty but I expect will just spend years in the nick.

He was one pub owner, who did not deserve to die the way he did.

Happy 2009 to you and all TV members. :burp:

RIP

RIP---&lt;deleted&gt;---this guy has just been convicted of a vicious assault on a 67 year old pensioner [ who he thought was a skinhead!!!!!]--why say RIP--good riddance, more like--foul play or not, who gives a .....!

Quite right.

What good will a police investigation do? Bring hm back from the dead perhaps?

Why waste resources on scum like this?

RIP

I agree that it does seem a little suspicious, but it's hard to feel any sympathy for this guy considering he beats up pensioners. Not exactly the "high quality" person that the Thailand is trying to attract.

I agree he deserves no sympathy, but if foul play did exist, then the perpetraters :o are still at large mmmm!

khundon,

Yes I have heard a few stories like that one over the years...that is an aweful way to go. I am certainly not suggesting that bar owners all deserve to meet that type of fate. There are certainly some charming people in this world. Anyway my days of cruising the bars & putting up with the antics you suggested are LONG LONG gone....now I just watch from the distance & never fail to be amused by that type of circus.

Anyway cheers to you chap!

RIP

RIP---&lt;deleted&gt;---this guy has just been convicted of a vicious assault on a 67 year old pensioner [ who he thought was a skinhead!!!!!]--why say RIP--good riddance, more like--foul play or not, who gives a .....!

Well Happy New Year to you--I'm not sure which Misterman you are but Mr.Pleasant you're not--I made a comment, validated by many TV members,implying that this gent did not seem like a nice person and would not be missed too much to which you reply by attempting to insult my 'logic' and being generally rude about myself--good start to 2009--keep up the good work.

P.S. I don't know where you get the bit about someone being murdered since it appears to most of us that he was 'falling down drunk' and suffered self-inflicted injuries--my post was stating that he probably would not be missed 'whatever' the circumstances-a point that most posters seem to agree with.

I expect, true to form, you will reply with more personal insults--as I say Happy New Year to you.