Bangkok Rock Climbing?

anyone interested in climbing in BKK - let me know.

I was an instructor for 10years in the UK, moved to thailand 3.5 years ago and havent touched it. Am off to Krabi in about a month and was going to head to the raquet club to get a little bit of training in before doing a little bit down south.

let me know if anyone is interested!

Paddy

hi!! my name is lara. i am spanish, and i am moving to bkk in 3 weeks to live a year there working for spanish embassy. I am really interested in beginning climbing in bkk this year, and this forum is all I found in google with a little bit of content.

I am an absolute beginner, and I am looking for a place to begin indoor climbing, partners to join me or maybe even a teacher??

please anybody contact me << Use PM >>

thaaaaaaaanks!

hi, my name is Tony, start climbing for 2years now, i am also looking for climbing partners, pls call me if u interesting

my number is 0800584348, i will be ok until 25sep

thanks,

tony

• 1 year later...

Dear all,

I have been climbing some years ago and now I would like to recover this activity. My level at that time was 6A, but i guess it is almost gone.

I am living in Bkk (coming from Spain) since 4 years and i would like if there is some climbing club where I could join and climb with another people.

I would like also to know how to do for getting the material, ropes, harness, etc... I want to do this again, but i d not want to invest in the whole "climbing set" since the begining.

I am also looking fro some partner wishing to do this with me (available after 19:00). As I am not practicing climbing for long, it will be also good for refreshing terms and technics.

feel free to post here a message or send me a PM so we can talk further about it.

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Thought I would revive this thread. Looking for quality indoor climbing in Bangkok. It looks like The Rock at the Soi Klang Racquet Club offers the best experience, but just called them and their wall is closed for renovation for 6 months. Are there any other places in Bangkok worth checking out? I was once very good (about 15 years ago!) and am looking to get back into it.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would revive this thread. Looking for quality indoor climbing in Bangkok. It looks like The Rock at the Soi Klang Racquet Club offers the best experience, but just called them and their wall is closed for renovation for 6 months. Are there any other places in Bangkok worth checking out? I was once very good (about 15 years ago!) and am looking to get back into it.

You wont be climbing at this place for a while.. the climbing wall burnt to the ground

I can understand perfectly why long stay folks would like to find some place to climb rocks in BKK, or Thailand in general.

But going all the way back to the OP, why would anyone so dead set on climbing rocks not go somewhere else on holiday?

Or, more to my experience, why not enjoy what BKK is famous for instead of seeking a half-baked rock climbing venue?

I suspect the OP is long gone, but anyone else have some insights? I'm not dissing the guy, just trying to understand.