New Models For The Thai Market

PeaceBlondie

3 hours ago, Namplik said:

I don't think even Honda knows....lol, what a mess on their own various websites they can not decide what engine they put in that bike... !?

I also heard it was over 150 but then last couple of years they decided, for Thailand, they go under to 149 to avoid the Thai tax bracket..... In any case, I am sure they don't have different engines and whatever it is, it's the same they use for Click 150i...And it is still less power/torque than VVA 155cc of Yamaha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

I don't think even Honda knows....lol, what a mess on their own various websites they can not decide what engine they put in that bike... !?

I also heard it was over 150 but then last couple of years they decided, for Thailand, they go under to 149 to avoid the Thai tax bracket..... In any case, I am sure they don't have different engines and whatever it is, it's the same they use for Click 150i...And it is still less power/torque than VVA 155cc of Yamaha.

The other website was for the american market, a little bit bigger volume there...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2018 at 10:19 PM, Damrongsak said:

Raider Philippine version - specs in English.  19 horsepower ( 13.6Kw ).  240 pounds ( 109 kg ).  I like it.  Interestingly, they also still sell an oil-cooled version with a carb.

http://www.suzuki.com.ph/motors/motor/raider-r150-fi/

I am amazed at 13.6KW (or 18.4HP) power claim even at 10k RPM it is usually beyond 150cc engines (Yamaha gets 14.8HP out of their new 155cc on NMax and Aerox), so I wonder if this has more valves or dual exhaust ports or something special... !?  (13.6KW is 200cc engine territory...)  

Power seems high, but they say "The new Raider R150 FI provides maximum output, inherited from Suzuki technologies developed for the MotoGP machine. It is more powerful than any previous model in the Raider Breed and in any other 150cc motorcycle in the country. "  It does have a big bore and 11.5:1 compression ratio.  And power is rated at 10,000 rpm. 

YZF-15 claims 14.2 kW/10000rpm out of 155cc with 11.6:1 compression. Something tells me these things aren't the best platform to build up a noodle cart.

I am amazed at 13.6KW (or 18.4HP) power claim even at 10k RPM it is usually beyond 150cc engines (Yamaha gets 14.8HP out of their new 155cc on NMax and Aerox), so I wonder if this has more valves or dual exhaust ports or something special... !?  (13.6KW is 200cc engine territory...)  
The Suzuki Raider has a 4 valve twin overhead cam engine.
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 7:34 AM, johng said:
On 7/5/2018 at 4:51 PM, Agusts said:

The Suzuki Raider has a 4 valve twin overhead cam engine.

I noticed the 4 valves, I think the new Yamaha 155cc engines have 4 valves too - it may be the twin overhead cam and high 10k rpm - that is their differences....

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
Interesting new adventure style Lifan KPT-200 has appeared on the Lifan Thailand website.

KPT-200CCreview.jpg.a10d7efe1c770aa254e6b0a8158b8b1d.jpg

It appears to be water cooled and fuel injected. That's new technology for Lifan.

Looks nice.
Any idea about the price?
I've rented a Lifan air cooled 150 in Vietnam two years ago.
Apart from a little lack of power it was a solid bike.
Guess the engine can't be killed. They're developing and producing small engines since years and their sales numbers are amazing.
One Problem with the bike might be some plastic parts and rust...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/18/2018 at 12:05 AM, madferit said:

Have anyone seen a KTM Duke 390 or the new Honda CB300R Neo Sports Cafe for rent in Chiang Mai or even Phuket? I am looking to rent one to try it out for a while before i decide if i am getting one.

I had that honda shortlisted when I bought a bike, but eventually went for a 2016 CB500F second hand. paid 125k vs the neary 150k of the neo cafe and absolutely no regrets. Having said that, the next bike might be the Neo cafe 650 unless honda decides to release it in the 500cc league too.

• 1 month later...

The new Honda 250RR looks interesting.  Not my type of bike, but twin cylinder, ride by wire, riding modes, USD forks and a claimed 0-100km of 6 seconds.

Not bad for a 250.

The same motor in a naked bike would be fun.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

98,000 baht for a 150cc !!!   how much was the Suzuki ? cheaper I hope ????

Having said that I go to the Uk Yamaha site and they have closest equivalent MT 125 ( not 150)

for an astounding  £4,299.00 !!!!!! now that is a rip offf !!!!!

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/motorcycles/hyper-naked/mt-125/

MT-125

At Yamaha we're famous for creating game-changing models that take motorcycling in a whole new direction - and the MT-125 A with ABS is ready to fire the imagination of younger riders looking for a new experience.

From £4,299.00

• Like 1