90 Days Reporting Late

I went to Jomtien Immigration yesterday. The place was jammed with tourists getting extensions and whatnot but there were only two people ahead of me for the 90 day report. One was a fairly prosperous-looking 50+ guy with his well-dressed Thai wife; the other was a younger blonde lady accompanied by a translator. In both cases they had failed to report in time and were fined the 2,000 baht. Can happen to anyone, I suppose, but I'd have thought that folks with money would be better organized than folks without. Probably they didn't know that they can just send the maid to do it.

Anyway, despite the post-holiday chaos, I was in and out in 6 or 7 minutes. Kudos to Jomtien Immigration for a well-run shop.

I went to Jomtien Immigration yesterday. The place was jammed with tourists getting extensions and whatnot but there were only two people ahead of me for the 90 day report. One was a fairly prosperous-looking 50+ guy with his well-dressed Thai wife; the other was a younger blonde lady accompanied by a translator. In both cases they had failed to report in time and were fined the 2,000 baht. Can happen to anyone, I suppose, but I'd have thought that folks with money would be better organized than folks without. Probably they didn't know that they can just send the maid to do it.

As long as the maid (or whoever) is Thai, yes. Don't bother sending a maid of another nationality there, all they get is flak on their own status (even when completely legal).

:o

Well fined 2000 baht, but what if you was late by 3 months reporting?

I will still be 2000 baht unless you really got immigration angry and they decided to impose the max fine of 5000 baht and 200 baht per day that is called for in the immigration act.

But from reports it is 2000 Baht no matter how long.

I was over 10 years late filing. :o At that time the rule was not being enforced but caught up with me during an extension renewal. 2000 Baht and a stamp in the passport. I now have a popup events calendar to remind me. Just did it yesterday, 5 minutes in and out.

I was over 10 years late filing. :o At that time the rule was not being enforced but caught up with me during an extension renewal. 2000 Baht and a stamp in the passport. I now have a popup events calendar to remind me. Just did it yesterday, 5 minutes in and out.

PM me when you are going.

I did mine yesterday also so we are on the same schedule.

Maybe this reminder should be on the Thaivisa.com toolbar?

http://toolbar.thaivisa.com

I have a reminder set on my phone for the day before it is due.

Plus a wife that knows about the fine because the immigration officer told her. It will never be late.

I am frankly amazed at the number of foreigners who can't remember a date when something important requires some action whether its its a wedding anniversary , a birthday , Doctors appointment or to go to Immigration etc etc. You can buy a calendar at many stores or print off internet. Put it in a prominent position and mark the important dates with a marker pen. Is that so difficult ?? or is it trying to remember to turn it over each month. Sorry to be so sarcastic but I am dumbfounded how many people cant actually navigate their way through life without their Mum to remind them to do something.

Officially it is a 5,000 Baht fine and 200 Baht for every day late. In reallity it is usually 2,000 whatever the lateness.

My 90 Day Reminder from Immigration.

This information leaflet of the immigration office quotes wrongly from the Immigration Act:

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

The law states the maximum fine but current internal guidelines at the Immigration Bureau seem to be a flat fee of 2,000 Baht regardless how late the report is made.

--

Maestro

My last 90 day report was due on November 4th. Forgot all about it till december and at the moment am budgeting tightly for many things so i don't want to go and fork out 2000 baht for it right now.

I am hoping to ride it out for the time being and deal with it down the line.

i wonder though, if I just don't do it again will they ever notice? I've been here for 8 years and I didn't start doing it till the third year in, and then i only got a 2000 baht fine.

My last 90 day report was due on November 4th. Forgot all about it till december and at the moment am budgeting tightly for many things so i don't want to go and fork out 2000 baht for it right now.

i wonder though, if I just don't do it again will they ever notice? I've been here for 8 years and I didn't start doing it till the third year in, and then i only got a 2000 baht fine.

They will notice eventualy. Maybe when you do your next extension.

Well,I'm not sure I should admit to this,but one time last year I forgot to go and report.When I realised,I was about three weeks late,and I was flying to Vietnam in a weeks time,so I just left it and hoped for the best.No one said anything at the airport,I just got the usual exit stamp.No-one said anything when I came back either,and when I renewed my extension (retirement) again nothing was said.I have since done the 90 day report twice,so I assume(hope) that it wasn't noticed.You might be lucky!!I think that if you leave Thailand and return,you might get away with it,if you go in to report next time without having left,then they will probably notice

Yes, doing a border run you can usually avoid the fine for a late 90-day address report, but being on an annual extension of stay you will need a re-entry permit (1,000

Baht) if you don’t have it already and at this time they may notice that you are overdue for your address report and fine you.

--

Maestro