Does Your Wife Know Your Atm Pin Number?

george

Yes or no!  

227 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your wife know your ATM pin code?

Yes. Why not?

If anyone cannot trust their Wife they should not have married her.

I agree, My wife has the pin to all three of my cards, if I cant trust my wife then who can I trust?

I dont understand why one would get married if there was no trust.

and Master Chief, uhh! :o you should just divorce now mate and get it done with.

No, she has no reason to know. I give her her pocket money every Saturday. She has never asked me what it is and I have never asked her what hers is.

Nothing to do with trust.

Strangely, I was thinking yesterday what would happen if I died - would she be able to get my money in the bank?

Edited by Neeranam

Mine does... and I know hers too.

Trust is implicit if you are going to have a successful marriage.

:D

Having said that... the actual card is in my wallet in my pocket... 24/7. :o

I agree with Masterchef.

My missus has the number to my 'everyday' account. Then agan, I'm not married & have thus not made (or had to deeply contemplate) the commitments that marriage entails. I never gave my PIN number to long term English, Danish or Australian girlfriends either...

Thus, I'm in agreement with everyone, except, JD - which is exactly where I like to be. :o

Same here. My card is always in my wallet, along with her ATM card (at the moment).. We both know each others pin.

Heres a question...off topic...sorry....Do you let let you significant other check your mobile phone?

Yes, because I don't want her (Thai) paranoia to begin... I'm not in the slightest bit interested in checking her phone though - her business is her business, I trust her and don't wish to question her (then again I'm not as insecure as your average Thai...).

Both these Q's bring up an interesting cultural differance. I'd suggest that the vast majority of Thai men don't let the women know about the majority of their finances, or their 'second' mobile phone; gig, mia noi, etc. Thus, using European values (complete honesty?) would be very unusual and one-sided, perhaps...

Generally I try to make sensible decissions that'll keep the missus happy and content.

No, she has no reason to know. I give her her pocket money every Saturday. She has never asked me what it is and I have never asked her what hers is.

Nothing to do with trust.

Strangely, I was thinking yesterday what would happen if I died - would she be able to get my money in the bank?

If she isn't a signer on the account then it would be as per your will, but that process takes a long time.

Heres a question...off topic...sorry....Do you let let you significant other check your mobile phone?

Do we get a choice?

:o

Why not? Do you have anything to hide?

If my misses checks my phone she will find the occasional missed call from my boss and text's from DTAC.

Yes she does.

It is no big deal really. I still have the power to stop the card and the most she would get is one days limit. 20K Thai baht.

To all the above posters talking about trust in a such a supercilious way, I would say: Never trust anybody, even family. Ever.

Virgil got it right in The Aeneid.

Yeah, of course she knows it, in fact we have a joint account and put all our money together, and we share a debit / ATM card for the same account.

By the way, this:

I give her her pocket money every Saturday.
must be a joke. Unless of course you're confusing the word wife with daughter... :o Edited by dantilley

I didn't notice at first that this was a poll.

Where is the "My wife is the main bread winner and so it is more a case of me knowing her PIN #" option?

Thanks for heads up globalj. Your poll choice is now added.

Where is the "My wife is the main bread winner and so it is more a case of me knowing her PIN #" option?

I have never given my PIN to anyone nor will I ever. Never been married but am in a long term relationship. There is no need for anyone to know and it potentially saves a lot of hassle in case the relationship goes sour.

IMHO i think it is naiv to share your PIN.

Not wife, but husband. And since its our bank accounts,they are our ATM cards.

Does it count as a yes vote on the poll if he has to ask me the PIN because he can never remember it ?

I was being serious.

At the moment my misses brings in 35k/month, which is exactly 35k/month more than I do.

I bloody well hope to remedy that soon though.

I'd suggest that the vast majority of Thai men don't let the women know about the majority of their finances, or their 'second' mobile phone; gig, mia noi, etc. Thus, using European values (complete honesty?) would be very unusual and one-sided, perhaps...

A lot of Thai men hand over their ENTIRE salary to their wife, and the wife will give them spending money each day. And as for your 'European values' of complete honesty, that's the biggest joke I've ever heard. You can find married Euros in Nana every single night, I'm sure they're being completely honest when they tell their wives they're just going out for a pint with the lads.

Yes. Why not?

If anyone cannot trust their Wife they should not have married her.

Well said that man, my wife has my credit card ie duplicate card in her name all bank books and chanotes and I'm 6000 miles away for 5 months of the year!!