Student Visa On A Temporary Swedish Passport?

Overstay is not that serious. It is just paying the fine and leave the country. After that you can just as easily get a new visa and permisison to enter. They do make a note in your passport, but so far it never has any consequences. Staying legaly is however always advisable, but in your case is is an option.

Technicaly you would risk arrest till you can pay the fine and buy a ticket out of the country. That is not very likely, especialy in your situation where you wait for a passport.

Thanks Mario2008, I understand the risk is minimal, but I still prefer to stay legally. But thanks anyway for the information.

Then you have no other chooise then to go and try. Good luck.

It seems to be that way, thanks for the luck :o

Who needs adventure traveling? Just get some visa issues, that's more excitement than any river rafting, scuba diving or sky diving...

Phom Phen was many good reports new.

Very friendly.

"Torist visa, no problem, one or two entries?"

Thanks PoorSucker, maybe Phnom Phen would be my best option then, considering that they have a Swedish embassy in the event that anything goes wrong.

Have you calculated that a Cambodian visa will take a hole page, excluding stamps

Thanks, yes, since I need a lot of stamps for the Student Visa, I'm considering to use my old, broken passport as it's still valid and has many free pages. It's just a matter of whether they will accept the fixed page or not, or even notice it. If they do not accept it, I also have my emergency passport that is at least valid for entry into Cambodja. If I then get the exit stamp in the temporary passport, then I will have to get a new temporary passport on the Swedish Embassy in Phnom Phen. This passport will then have two empty pages for Visa stamps (as I take it they will not transfer my then expired Non Immigrant B visa stamps as they have expired upon me entering Cambodia).

Edited by ForrestGump

Alright, back in Thailand again after a quite nervous trip to Vientiane in Laos on my broken passport. I decided not to go to Cambodja, since I've read too many bad reports of Phnom Phen. But everything went just fine in Vientiane and now I have a one year Non Immigrant ED visa :o

Even though the main page was both taped and glued, quite obviously, in order to not fall off, nobody even mentioned it. My impression after this trip is that they hardly even looked at the passport except for the stamps - very different from when I have been flying into Thailand where they've turn the passport inside out. When I entered Thailand a couple of hours ago in a taxi, I didn't even have to show my passport myself. The driver parked 10 meters from the immigration booth and just walked out with my passport showing it to the officer. Shaded windows in the car too, anyone could have been sitting there.

I brought my temporary passport along, just in case there would have been a problem. But I never had to show it. My new passport will arrive in Bangkok in a week, so all I have to do now is go to immigration to transfer the stamps.

The embassy staff in Vientiane was friendly and helpful, and so so where everyone else that I met. I could definitely recommend going there for visas.

Once again, my deepest thanks to everyone who contributed and replied to my questions and worries. If beer could be transported from the Nong Khai train station where I'm at right now, through the phone modem on my laptop, all of you would have a beer now.

Cheers!

Edited by ForrestGump