Water Pump

4.real

Hi all.My water pump is kaput and I need a new one.

I have a single storey house with a tank What is the best pump for this property? and where is a good place to buy?

I do not need very high pressure and intend to fit it myself

I also have an underground storage tank where the old pump drew water from.

Thanks for any respose.4.Real

Go to the builders merchants on Pattaya Tai just past Big C in the same side heading into town not the small shop house places - ITS HUGE!

Mitsu's are about 20% cheaper there than the rest of the places i looked. I can't remeber the model # but a mitsu pump that could push water up 4 storeys cost me 5000THB + vat

I bought my small water pump from the DIY shop opposite foodland it was just over 2 Thousand Baht - its ok, you get what you pay for i suppose, but its seems ok for me, i have had it a couple of years and its only small. I have also seen them at Big C prices ranging from 4 - 6 thousand... good luck with it.

If you were happy with the pressure and flow-rate from your old pump, before it packed in, then it might be a good idea to replace it with an identical one - this will mean that you don't have to alter the connecting pipework.

Also, if the old pump can be repaired, you can keep it as a stand-by.

If you were happy with the pressure and flow-rate from your old pump, before it packed in, then it might be a good idea to replace it with an identical one - this will mean that you don't have to alter the connecting pipework.

Also, if the old pump can be repaired, you can keep it as a stand-by.

Yes I agree, try to keep the old one and maybe get it fixed. My old one, the insides were ok, it was the outer casing which had rotted, so we kept the insides and empty the toilet when it gets full, saves paying City Hall to come and do it.

Is your pump kaput beyong repair? Has anyone taken a look at it? My pump which is about 2 years old plays up every now and then. It makes the pumping noise but doesn't pump any water. Got shown how to fix it by the local handyman on the estate - now when it happens we take off the cover, unscrew one of the caps and fill it with water from a hose or watering can. Then it works fine again. No idea why it does it and it only happens every few months so never bothered getting it fixed properly.

Is your pump kaput beyong repair? Has anyone taken a look at it? My pump which is about 2 years old plays up every now and then. It makes the pumping noise but doesn't pump any water. Got shown how to fix it by the local handyman on the estate - now when it happens we take off the cover, unscrew one of the caps and fill it with water from a hose or watering can. Then it works fine again. No idea why it does it and it only happens every few months so never bothered getting it fixed properly.

Yes i have been shown to do that as well - its as if the water that we fill it up with, gives it more pressure.. it does work...

Usually the only time your pump comes on is when there is a demand. small minute leak is almost always the culprit. Mitsibishi is pretty good & don't tend to rot out (unless your on the ocean.) we have a 300 & a 200 the 200 stared cycling so i looked for & found a slightly(ever so slightly) water dripping from the (quality valves in Thailand) on the far end of the property. If your pump is fairly new I would have it checked . Mitsubishi & Hitachi will almost always make it the full 5 year guarantee.(if your not pumping sand through them.)

[

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR INPUT.

The pump is so old There is nothing to read on it.I had it checked but was told it was no good.

I do not need high pressure and do not want high pressure for fear of making a leak.

A good tip for anyone renewing piping.DO NOT USE galvanised iron.

Both here and my house in Bangkok both had these fittings.

Here I have had to have new piping as all the pipes under the house had these iron fittings.THEY EVENTUALLY RUST OR SOMEHOW GET A HOLE IN THEM.

Same with the house in bkk.Leaks from the fittings after 10 years.But I guess that is considered a lifetime here in Thailand...

I have 2 tanks .An underground tank and a metal tank.Which is best to run water to the pump from?

Thanks again for your help.4.Real.