Briton Held In Thai Drugs Swoop

Boater

This bloke is guilty of dealing in drugs!

Who go's out for a night out and takes enough marijuana to get more then a few people stoned?

In my younger days I kept it at home and rolled a few to take with me.

Stupid people get nicked, Right?

Bloody-hel_l, I'm getting the munches just thinking about it!

Syl

Edited by Syl

Why is it when a farang gets arrested in Thailand most people say he has been stitched up?

experience

farang open's legal sucessful business ,next he is surrounded by thai owned same business,then hassle starts only towards farang pay police you need this,cannot do that,you farang not thai.i would assume this applies to illegal business also.remember prostution is illegal in thailand,next time you pay barfine for a scantly clad lolita lookalike,you are a fellon.

• 4 months later...

Please see the new page freekevingriffin on Bebo dot com for more background information on this subject..

this is not Kevin to those who know and love him... very very sad.. the man is a KNIGHT!

we dont expect him to be freed BUT WE PLEA FOR LENIENCY! ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME TOO! ITS A NIGHTMARE!

HOW CAN WE FIND HIS GF? SOMEONE MUST KNOW MORE.. PLEASE HELP!

Edited by helpkevingriffin

I imagine most of us have read books written by ex-cons that were locked up in a Thai jail, there were a few that were set up and framed. it could well be what has happened to this guy. if he did do it then more fool him and hope he has a rough time, but if he was framed then I pity him and hope he gets out early and survives.

I imagine most of us have read books written by ex-cons that were locked up in a Thai jail, there were a few that were set up and framed. it could well be what has happened to this guy. if he did do it then more fool him and hope he has a rough time, but if he was framed then I pity him and hope he gets out early and survives.

Im not sure if he was set up or not - if he was its even more sinister than I imagined. he was apparently caught "red handed" - but I know he was forced into it in someway - His Girlfriend had already had threats.. I was raising money to come and pay some debts just before this happened..

thanks for your good wishes

very best regards

tim

in reply on other post if loan can be verified.. I dont know.. First I knew about his problems was mid January this year.. then NOTHING until his ex called me and told me she had found him on google.. we just felt sick. I was almost ready to come over with some money in beggining of February but then his phone went off.. didnt even know where he was, or where his Girlfriend was. Both just seemed to dissapear (we searched at first but showed nothing over here) until his ex found it

thanks and best regards

tim

Due to topic being locked and directed here..

Here is David Kevin Griffin - Background

Kevin went to Thailand for a year in 2005 to work for a company selling / renting properties. During that year he met "Nut" (easy translation) who became his girlfriend. From 2005 to present he never returned to the UK even though he knows he is well loved and sorely missed. Kevin even renewed his passport close to Thailand - he didnt want to leave Nut alone so long. His close friends such as me, his ex, stepdaughter and her friend spoke to him and Nut regularly and until mid 2008 everything seemed fine.. He was happy and Nut seemed like a really nice lady.. then noone heard from him AT ALL..

Note: we all call him Kev - he didnt like "david") so he is known as Kevin Griffin

I got a Phone call from Kev in mid January this year (2009) saying he was in some trouble - he had borrowed money from a "friend" over some months to pay bills (during the "bite" of the recession while work was tight) in the hope that things would get better but they didnt.. now this "friend" and his friends were threatening to hurt Nut to hurt Kevin - they suggested she work for them as a prostitute.. Kev rang me for help but i couldnt immediately..

Within 2 weeks I sold my van, mountain bike, some tools and other stuff in order to go to Thailand and help him.. Tried to call to see what to do next but his contact number had gone Dead! I didnt even know where he was! I found out much later but it was too late - on 4th February 2009 Kevin was arrested selling drugs to tourists! He now faces 5 years to Life imprisonment. Noone knows where Nut is. A friend suggested to put all this down on bebo etc - he did break the law but support and pleas of leniency from a lot of people may help.. and we may find his family and other firends..

Kevin was NOT really a drug dealer . OBVIOUSLY NEW TO IT OR NOT VERY GOOD BECAUSE HE GOT CAUGHT ANYWAY!

In those 2 weeks since the phone call I had I dont know what happened - I can only ASSUME that these "friends" maybe forced Kevin to work for them to sell their drugs or something very similar - I KNOW KEVIN, A 49 YEAR OLD TOP BLOKE - WOULD NOT RISK ANYTHING IN THAILAND WITHOUT A VERY GOOD REASON - HE IS VERY AWARE OF THINGS THERE - HE HAS LIVED THERE FOR 4 YEARS SELLING AND RENTING MANY PROPERTIES TO ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE. HE HATED THE STREET PEDALERS OF DRUGS IN SPAIN.. HE HAS A STEPDAUGHTER.. SO WHAT CHANGED?

I have Known Kev since 1994 when I first worked installing sound equipment at Bennys Nightclub in Radcliffe, Manchester. Along with Della (ex british Karate champ at the time), Dave (Top DJ) and Mel (Daves Girlfriend) they promoted club nights there. For this reason I know about Kev and the clubs Drugs policies - it wasnt tolerated - if seen they were thrown out. Kev would not risk his/theclubs reputation or his liberty. Kev is a grafter - a worker - he always has been.

By 1998 Kev had finished working in the clubs and had a small transport company that contracted for TNT parcels manchester - I was trucking, had an apartment in Belgium and was trucking UK - Europe but we still stayed very close - like brothers - we jus clicked from the start - KEVIN is a lot of fun and together we had a good laugh all the time.

To clarify something about the news report if you read it - Kev did smoke weed - in the UK he took painkillers which ruined his stomach lining (for a back problem) - he found, along with thousands of others, that cannabis relieved it without his stomach bleeding BUT he does NOT deserve prison for that.

Since february there has been little I can do now - the Thai Police paraded him in Public and its on You tube (will link the videos in).

I dont know what to expect from this page but I hope somehow people can support him.. He is in a Hellhole now. I know he broke the law but there is a real story behind this - Kev is not a low life and shouldnt be treated as such - he is a proper gent and I know he would have done ANYTHING to protect his girl.

ANY ADVICE IS APPRICIATED eico_smile2.gifeico_smile2.gifeico_smile2.gif WHERE TO START?

Kevin has a new page devoted to him on BEBO dot COM / freekevingriffin

Noone expects him to be freed - BUT WE PLEAD FOR LENIENCY - KEVIN IS A TRUE GENTLEMAN!

Edited by helpkevingriffin

please note: I did not say Kevin did this - I dont know - Im guessing. If he did there is no excuse and he will be punished - I just hope we can make a plea for leniency considering the circumstances.. If anyone knows what REALLY happened then a good man could be in Jail for a long time - please help him.

Also.. some of the subject lines have dubious tags.. "police corruption".. does someone know something we dont?

many thanks for any help or advice

best regards

tim

I don't know what's more unsettling;

- the bouncy newslady reading the story or,

- the cop that shoves the accused's head to provide a better photo op, or

- the expression on the accused's face or,

- the strong likeliood that he had "ecstasy" and cocaine on him.

Even if the some of the drugs were a plant, he admitted to the weed, which is sufficient to see his car seized, his visa revoked and a heap of legal grief.

I have a bad feeling he will be pressured to snitch on his customers in order to have an easier time of it. Desperate people will name names when it comes to their own skins.

I agree, what load of shit,,,,,,,,,the american/thai ? woman was as professional as he was id say !,. will thailand ever catch up,.

maybe im ignorant of it but i didnt think weed was so bad there.. can understand with the other shit they say they caught him with though.. kev had told me he hardly smoked there cos of weather etc so i dont know exactly what happened.. If Nut was in any danger, or he thought she was, I know he would say nothing no matter how many times they hit him.

does anyone know where he will be, which prison in Phucket, and if I can send anything from the UK.. or how to find out when he will go to court..

if can visit him.. best guy in consulate to talk to (they dont return calls).. please ??

maybe im ignorant of it but i didnt think weed was so bad there.. can understand with the other shit they say they caught him with though.. kev had told me he hardly smoked there cos of weather etc so i dont know exactly what happened.. If Nut was in any danger, or he thought she was, I know he would say nothing no matter how many times they hit him.

does anyone know where he will be, which prison in Phucket, and if I can send anything from the UK.. or how to find out when he will go to court..

if can visit him.. best guy in consulate to talk to (they dont return calls).. please ??

Kevin is not in Jail at the moment, he is out on bail and has been for quite some time, I think the police kept his phone as they usually do in these cases. If you give me your name and no then I will pass the message on to tell him to contact you.

Kevin is not in Jail at the moment, he is out on bail and has been for quite some time, I think the police kept his phone as they usually do in these cases. If you give me your name and no then I will pass the message on to tell him to contact you.

thank you - sent you mail. cant believe he is out.. all seems strange.. hope he calls soon.

49 years old only? Looks like 60.

Good point Cro,

Having dealt with godzillians of JUNKIES over the years, you would be surprised how many of them have aged so quickly, its not uncommon to find someone thats only late 20ies but looks 40 something.

I'm always amused by people in the drug trade that stand there looking like trash (health wise) & they will engage you how drugs have no adverse effects.

I would also have to agree with PING, we're treading the same old thing again and again with these POSTS.

having dealt with so many normal people over the years I am amazed at how old they look!

the mortage, the credit crunch...

likewise I have met people who use ( illegal) drugs on a regular basis and are in perfect health

and are you including beer, tobbaco too?

I think that there is so much misinformation about "illegal drugs" and that the real problems are the policys regarding them

Anyone who deals in illicit drugs deserves all they get - and they'll sure get it if convicted in Thailand. No sympathy.

spocken like a truely logical person- you must be local

anyone who deals in drugs deserves all they get....does this include someone getting a long sentance for giving friends a few joints

do they also deserve all the profits they get too?

they will surely get convicted.. that one really is a joke, great logic, so flawed its beyond belief

and if you honestly belive that you may as well stop right now and give up

so, to be clear, in your logic some deals drugs and some sort of God swoops down and says

this is thailand- you are going to jail

something like that is it? how do they surely get caught

because i have to tell you that the majority of dealers here never see as much as one single day in prison

if this were so- the whole nation would be brought to its knees

Joes125, I said 'if convicted'. I also pointed this out in post #23. Notwithstanding, the circumstances and background detail that have emerged suggest to me that there is more than merely smoke...

And no, I do not resile from my comments about drug dealers. This fellow is accused of dealing hard drugs to tourists. Hard drugs - not just cannabis. IF he is convicted, I would hope that he feels the full force of the law. He denies knowledge of the hard drugs. There is also some suggestion that threats were made against his girlfriend in respect of monies owed, but he does not raise this as a reason for traffiking drugs - he denies doing so. As against this, the entire recent background of this fellow, as told by his fan club, is shabby (suspicious) and he was found in direct possession of the drugs. If he is convicted of the deed as alleged, let him do the time. There'll be no sympathy from me. Note again the word IF.

Joes125, I said 'if convicted'. I also pointed this out in post #23. Notwithstanding, the circumstances and background detail that have emerged suggest to me that there is more than merely smoke...

And no, I do not resile from my comments about drug dealers. This fellow is accused of dealing hard drugs to tourists. Hard drugs - not just cannabis. IF he is convicted, I would hope that he feels the full force of the law. He denies knowledge of the hard drugs. There is also some suggestion that threats were made against his girlfriend in respect of monies owed, but he does not raise this as a reason for traffiking drugs - he denies doing so. As against this, the entire recent background of this fellow, as told by his fan club, is shabby (suspicious) and he was found in direct possession of the drugs. If he is convicted of the deed as alleged, let him do the time. There'll be no sympathy from me. Note again the word IF.

dear all

having full facts now I can update you - David kevin griffin did not get involved in drugs or the dealing of them - i did get a phone call and he did have some problems BUT a close friend had ALREADY fixed his loan prob - the thing with the police was UNRELATED and someone has a lot to answer for and it sounds like there are lots of snakes there.. So please dont start slating a good bloke - you never know whats around the corner yourself if u live there.. me.. im stayin here in yorkshire cos i know even if anyone accuses me of sheep shagging i wont get treated like you could haha!

WE - in the UK - His ex, his stepdaughter and myself, got worked up and ASSUMED what had happened and filled in a lot of blanks of the story between us because we didnt hear anything - we were worried but he lost all his numbers in all the bullshit!

best thing is.. if you ever see him over there buy him a beer (from me! lol) and ask him about it all yourself :) its a shame so many people were negative when a good guy really was in trouble.. if you were one of those people i wouldnt try to buy him a beer - RUN! lol

thanks for your help - an good luck living there!!!

dear all

having full facts now I can update you - David kevin griffin did not get involved in drugs or the dealing of them - i did get a phone call and he did have some problems BUT a close friend had ALREADY fixed his loan prob - the thing with the police was UNRELATED and someone has a lot to answer for and it sounds like there are lots of snakes there.. So please dont start slating a good bloke - you never know whats around the corner yourself if u live there.. me.. im stayin here in yorkshire cos i know even if anyone accuses me of sheep shagging i wont get treated like you could haha!

WE - in the UK - His ex, his stepdaughter and myself, got worked up and ASSUMED what had happened and filled in a lot of blanks of the story between us because we didnt hear anything - we were worried but he lost all his numbers in all the bullshit!

best thing is.. if you ever see him over there buy him a beer (from me! lol) and ask him about it all yourself :) its a shame so many people were negative when a good guy really was in trouble.. if you were one of those people i wouldnt try to buy him a beer - RUN! lol

thanks for your help - an good luck living there!!!

You **** with the bull, you get the horns.

Maybe he was a good guy but if he ran into money difficulties, he should have went home and not resorted to dealing drugs.

I think the evidence is quite clear, now he must pay the price.

he wasnt dealing anything and it is possible further action will be taken (by him) but it cant be discussed now due to legal reasons. again im disappointed to see some of your comments and so glad things are as they are and he is not relying on SOME of you miserable **** for help! what IS the point of you even being on such a forum? thanks to the nice peoples help, and nice POSITIVE messages recieved - you are the ones these forums are all about :) thanks again :D

• 2 years later...