Dtac Gprs

mussen

I bought a DTAC sim in March (along with an air card), the DTAC promotion was for 12 months at 999 baht (+ tax) per month, my connection dropped out this morning, and when I called DTAC they said this promotion ended on 31st Dec 2004, and that I have to renew the contract for another 12 months to take advantage of the 999 baht per month rate. Anyone else on the DTAC contact had a similar experience?

I called them twice to make sure of this, and they said everyone on the DTAC 999 unlimited contract expired on the 31st Dec 2004.

Mine is fine, no problems.

Is it a big problem to re-sign the contract ?

From what I have seen the DTAC deal is far better than others.

Just for fun, I gave a friend a lift back from "The Jungle" in Surin to Saraburi, we listened to Sydney Radio 2MMM in the car on the way back in the Traffic Jam. Ok there was of course the odd drop-out, but I just thought it was excellent.

Mine is fine, no problems.

Is it a big problem to re-sign the contract ?

From what I have seen the DTAC deal is far better than others.

Just for fun, I gave a friend a lift back from "The Jungle" in Surin to Saraburi, we listened to Sydney Radio 2MMM in the car on the way back in the Traffic Jam. Ok there was of course the odd drop-out, but I just thought it was excellent.

I just told them to renew for another 12 months and they did it over the phone, the account is in the wifes name but they didn't care. I've never been able to listen to streaming radio with mine, connection is too slow, and I'm in BKK. Curious as to why you can, sounds like a hardware issue.

GPRS is slightly below regular modem dial-up speed at the best of times, so not so strange you don't het live streaming audio.

It's okay for checking email or low-graphics websites while being just about anywhere, but not much else.

But.... EDGE is coming. Any news on that by the way?

Cheers,

Chanchao

I've never been able to listen to streaming radio with mine, connection is too slow, and I'm in BKK. Curious as to why you can, sounds like a hardware issue.

I use a very big buffer, I am using a Nokia 6600, and an IBM R40 with a very cheap dongle.

I can get a very reliable stream from mrock.com.au

I can also get very well ABC.NET.AU

Of course web TV is useless.

Maybe I am lucky, don't know, but MMM beats the he|l out of local radio in "The Jungle" :o