Marriage Visa

Is it a requirement in obtaining a 'Marriage Visa' that one has to be married for a minimum of 12 months, prior to issue. A friend of mine was refused on that basis recently, but I've never heard of this rule. Thanks

No. There is no requirement of that nature. You can get married one day and apply the next if you meet the financial requirements.

I believe the office to be Kap Cheong, and he applied for a 'Marriage Visa'. I think that this office is only permitted to issue selective visa's. Why I don't know ?

I was refused, last year, to even apply for an extention 'Support of a child, 7.17(5). I was told to go to Korat. That office then tried to refuse me by saying I had to be either a widower or divorced etc. A case of make the rules up as you go along ?

I believe the office to be Kap Cheong, and he applied for a 'Marriage Visa'. I think that this office is only permitted to issue selective visa's. Why I don't know ?

I was refused, last year, to even apply for an extention 'Support of a child, 7.17(5). I was told to go to Korat. That office then tried to refuse me by saying I had to be either a widower or divorced etc. A case of make the rules up as you go along ?

Hi

I got my first Extention at that office last March and at that time, was married for under 6 months.

Everyone seems to think its a very helpful Imm Office BTW.

Dave

It is an extension of stay based upon marriage it is not a visa.

There was a change of police orders this past November the new clause is 2.18.

police_order_2008.pdf

All immigration offices can do every type of extension.

It sounds like they are just lazy and don't want the extra work of doing an extension based upon marriage so they told him what they did just to send him away.

It is an extension of stay based upon marriage it is not a visa.

There was a change of police orders this past November the new clause is 2.18.

police_order_2008.pdf

All immigration offices can do every type of extension.

It sounds like they are just lazy and don't want the extra work of doing an extension based upon marriage so they told him what they did just to send him away.

Ubonjoe I know you mean good but an extention of stay IS a "VISA', contrary to people saying it's different. The definition of 'VISA' is "an official stamp in a passport". An 'Extention of Stay' is therefore a 'VISA' in my opinion and that of a dictionary.

I was told by a Kap Cheong officer that their head office is Korat and they send all their paperwork there. They don't deal with BKK. Korat then send the paperwork for 'Marriage Visa's' to BKK for it to be returned to Korat and then to Kap Cheong.

...an extention of stay IS a "VISA', contrary to people saying it's different...

Coventry, you are not the only one getting this terminology wrong but it is quite imported to know the distinction between the various stamps one gets in one's passport.

Visa: permission to travel to Thailand

Arrival stamp: permission to enter Thailand and to stay in Thailand until the date stamped in the passport.

Extension of stay: extension of permission to stay in Thailand until the new date stamped in the passport.

People who mistakenly thought that the extension of stay was a visa, ie permission to travel to Thailand, were surprised to get permission to stay for only 30 days when they travelled abroad without a re-entry permit and returned to Thailand.

--

Maestro