Lost Passport And Work Permit?

I've just lost my Australian Passport as well as my Thai WP (1 year multiple entry). I've got holidays booked in exactly a week.

Provided I can get a replacement passport with 1 or 2 days to spare (before the holidays), would anyone know if:

a) I can get a new WP processed in 1-2 days

B) if so, what's the procedure?

c) I will have to go to BKK to get my new passport. I currently live in Phuket. Would I be able to get the new WP in BKk or do I have to come back and do it in Phuket?

cheers

The first thing you need to do is report it to the police and get a copy of the report.

Contact the embassy and infom them that you have lost your passport. They will tell you long it will take to get a new one but I can assure you it is not going to happen in a couple of days. They can issure an emergency one that would alllow to leave the country.

Do you have copies of your passport?

Were you on an extension or a visa entry? If a visa you will have to get a new one.

I think the work permit is the least of your worries. But you will have to deal with the local office and also notify them that you have lost your work permit. It should not be that big of a problem to get a replacement. Copies of it?

The first thing you need to do is report it to the police and get a copy of the report.

Contact the embassy and infom them that you have lost your passport. They will tell you long it will take to get a new one but I can assure you it is not going to happen in a couple of days. They can issure an emergency one that would alllow to leave the country.

Were you on an extension or a visa entry? If a visa you will have to get a new one.

I think the work permit is the least of your worries. But you will have to deal with the local office and also notify them that you have lost your work permit. It should not be that big of a problem to get a replacement. Copies of it?

Thanks for that. Got the Police report and embassy says they can do a new passport in a couple of days.

The visa was an actual non immigrant B (multiple entry) valid from Nov 2008 (for 1 year). Do you think I can get a replacement one quickly at the Phuket office? or would I have to do the normal saga of applying offshore?

cheers

Thanks for that. Got the Police report and embassy says they can do a new passport in a couple of days.

The visa was an actual non immigrant B (multiple entry) valid from Nov 2008 (for 1 year). Do you think I can get a replacement one quickly at the Phuket office? or would I have to do the normal saga of applying offshore?

cheers

Immigration can only replace you current permision to stay. Your Visa is lost.

You should try and get the paperwork for a new visa together before you leave.

If you are going to Australia you probably woll find it much easier to get another visa there than at a nearby consulate.

If it's Australia check with the consulates in Perth or Brisbane they have been reported to be very helpfull,