Immigration Office - Aranyaprathet

For the past seven years I have done my yearly extension, based on marriage, at Suan Plu immigration office. Next month, in light of the newly enforced zoning regulations, it appears I have to do the extension at the Aranyaprathet office. I have never visited this office before.

A couple of questions, if I may, for those that have used the Aranyaprathet office;

Is it busy? Queues etc?

What are the immigration officers like? Friendly, strict, by the book or always asking for extra, un-necessary, un-forseeable items/documents to give you the big run-around?

What's the basic vibe of the place? There to help those using their services or don't care at all and give everyone the hardest time possible?

Any other advice on the place?

Thanx in advance,

Soundman. :o

For the past seven years I have done my yearly extension, based on marriage, at Suan Plu immigration office. Next month, in light of the newly enforced zoning regulations, it appears I have to do the extension at the Aranyaprathet office. I have never visited this office before.

A couple of questions, if I may, for those that have used the Aranyaprathet office;

Is it busy? Queues etc?

What are the immigration officers like? Friendly, strict, by the book or always asking for extra, un-necessary, un-forseeable items/documents to give you the big run-around?

What's the basic vibe of the place? There to help those using their services or don't care at all and give everyone the hardest time possible?

Any other advice on the place?

Thanx in advance,

Soundman. :o

Lets just say,do not leave a T uncrossed or an I undotted or you will in all probability be sent out of the Q to redo it.

In my experience at Aranyaprathet ,civility is a commodity dispensed on very rare occasions. :D

I've used it once. It's not great to say the least. It can be busy. Ive been to the market a few times as they're more or less on the same place. Lot's of children carrying even smaller children begging. Watch out for them as they're little shits and will steal your belongings given the chance. The whole place is busy so keep your wits about you.

HI, you guys are talking about the office near the border. There is an immigration office in Aranyaprethet town. Its very near the police station, walking distance from the clock tower. I have used it a fair bit, mostly for my 90 day reporting. I have always been treated well and fairly, the office is very rarely busy, saying that if all you chaps start using it.....The one on the border is a faste of time, try the one in town.

As stated the office is very close to the hospital and police station, parking is no problem at all and after using them for 3 years prior to moving I found them to be outstanding. during my visits they were more than polite and tried to help me with all questions.