Thailand Real Estate Agents In Scandinavia

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

I'm looking for any advice on Real Estate companies in either Denmark or Sweden that sell or have details on properties in Thailand.

I'm searching like mad on google but info is hard to find!

any suggestions would be appreciated

B

I am a Scandinavian myself and have been looking to purchase a house in Thailand for a while. I have surveyed some of the developments built by Swedish developers and I have found all but one to be heavily overpriced.

Since arriving in Thailand on permanent basis last year I have surveyed about 100 housing developments and you will have a much better chance to get value for money if you take time and efforts to travel to Thailand and look for yourself.

My conclusions are:

1. There are some very good builders here in Thailand, both Thai and foreign but regrettably they are far and few in between.

2. Quality is not related to price so buying expensive is no guarantee to get a good house.

3. Whatever you do, do not sign any paper before you are absolutely sure of what you are doing. Investigate and seek help beforehand. Remember, "Ignorance is not an excuse by the law"!

Much too many foreign property buyers here in Thailand have ended up in a mess regretting buying what they did.

There is a / (more than 1 ?) Scandanavian (Swedes ?) development near the beach in Thapsakae. They "seemed" to be very disinterested in talking to any other nationalities a few years ago. Prices, to put it gently, are a bit dear.

Hi

I'm looking for any advice on Real Estate companies in either Denmark or Sweden that sell or have details on properties in Thailand.

B

For some good value property near the ocean check out the following link (click on the yellow pushpins and zoom out to see more info on the area)...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...014892&z=16

Hi

B

I am a Scandinavian myself and have been looking to purchase a house in Thailand for a while. I have surveyed some of the developments built by Swedish developers and I have found all but one to be heavily overpriced.

Since arriving in Thailand on permanent basis last year I have surveyed about 100 housing developments and you will have a much better chance to get value for money if you take time and efforts to travel to Thailand and look for yourself.

My conclusions are:

1. There are some very good builders here in Thailand, both Thai and foreign but regrettably they are far and few in between.

2. Quality is not related to price so buying expensive is no guarantee to get a good house.

3. Whatever you do, do not sign any paper before you are absolutely sure of what you are doing. Investigate and seek help beforehand. Remember, "Ignorance is not an excuse by the law"!

Much too many foreign property buyers here in Thailand have ended up in a mess regretting buying what they did.

Re your Line 3 about not signing papers. There is one Scandinavian developer in Pattaya who is actively marketing property in one project despite being told that there are many legal issues with the project. Nevertheless, he continues with his tawdry efforts and I hope he is prepared for the consequences.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys

I am not from Scadinavia But I just purchased a property built with scandinavian standards here in Thailand. I am not sure if I am allowed to mention company names. They've been quite reliable. if you want to email me your details and I may be able to help (No promises :o )

Rg

Girns