Bottle Of Bud-dha

Boater

THIS is the latest Buddhist reincarnation... a temple built entirely from recycled beer bottles.

SNN1933DD-180_736048a.jpg Cheers ... monk Sang

Barcroft Media

Monks have used an incredible 1.5 MILLION empties to construct theirsource complex.

Even the toilets and crematorium are made from bottles, while discarded caps are used to create decorative mosaics.

Monks started collecting empties in 1984, and ask councils to keep supplying them so they can carry on building.

The temple in Khun Han, Thailand, is now on an official list of eco-friendly tourist attractions.

One visitor said: “You can see that the green bottles are Heineken and the brown ones are the local Chang beer.”

Source and more pictures - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2251753.ece

Edited by Boater

not sure yet what I will do with hundreds of beer bottles in my garden, which I have started collecting a few months ago (they are not all my - mostly from my neighbours).

so far I have planned to make a wall made out of them

THIS is the latest Buddhist reincarnation... a temple built entirely from recycled beer bottles.

SNN1933DD-180_736048a.jpg Cheers ... monk Sang

Barcroft Media

Monks have used an incredible 1.5 MILLION empties to construct theirsource complex.

Even the toilets and crematorium are made from bottles, while discarded caps are used to create decorative mosaics.

Monks started collecting empties in 1984, and ask councils to keep supplying them so they can carry on building.

The temple in Khun Han, Thailand, is now on an official list of eco-friendly tourist attractions.

One visitor said: "You can see that the green bottles are Heineken and the brown ones are the local Chang beer."

Source and more pictures - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2251753.ece

Good title Boater - welcome back.